“Nice and friendly guesthouse”

Iguassu Charm Suites
Ranked #18 of 89 Foz do Iguacu B&B and Inns
“Nice and friendly guesthouse”
Reviewed June 19, 2011

We've been to Charm Iguacu Suites (aka Poussada Carolina) for Three nights in June. The Day before Arrival we've contacted Marcio via Email and asked him for an AirPort Transfer. When we arrived at the AirPort next day, we were already awaited by the Driver. The transfer was free of charge, for the transfer back to the airport we were charged R$ 40. It was too early to take a bus and a taxi would have cost the same or even more. The room was clean and nice, with AC and TV. Stuff was friendly and spoke good english, which is quite unusual in Brasil. WiFi is for free and laundrey service is available for R$10/kg. They breakfast was very brasilian (meaning cake with cake and fruits) but nice. The athmosphere was very friendly and open. They also offer tourist tours to the falls and other destinations but we didn't make use of that because everything is reachable by public busses as well. Those busses stop almost in front of the poussade, city center is a 5-10min walk away.

• Stayed June 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Polish first
Worksop Notts
Reviewed June 18, 2011

We stayed in Pousada Caroline and Marcus the owner and his staff could not have been more helpful.
We had a great room with a very big ensuite bathroom the bedroom and bathroom were kept exceptionally clean with clean towels and bedsheets.
The food was very good and sufficient. My only gripe was that I like tea to drink in the morning and there wasn't any black tea but plenty of other kinds.
Marcus arranged our excursions for us and provided us with an excellent driver
We also had a free pick up from the airport

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California
Reviewed April 20, 2011

When we got to the hotel about 8pm, the main door was locked and there was nobody at the front desk. We kept buzzing the doorbell for about 15-20 min. Finally, a guy showed up. I am thinking he’s one of the owners (Marcio?). No apology from his end. He did not even react when I said we been waiting for so long. To top that off, he could not find our reservation. He called around and finally said he found our reservation and we will be staying at their other property and we could move back the next day. We said we would prefer to stay 2 nights at the same room. We were there for 1 full day only and had no time to move around.

The room was okay at the other property. The bathroom was clean and modern. One good thing to point out… The walls are not sound proof and you can literally hear what’s going in the lobby and other rooms. We had a 6 am flight so that was very bothering. NO SLEEP. The breakfast was decent.

We had only one day and wanted to visit both Argentinian and Brazilian side, so we took the taxi service from the hotel. The driver was very nice. Found out we were over charged. According to their flier, the taxi service to Brazilian side (Falls) was BRL 30 per person and to Argentinian side it was BRL 50 per person. For two it you were to do both it adds up to BRL 160. We were charged BRL 200.

Also we were charged for a private taxi and were put in shuttle with 5 other people. We were charged BRL 45 for the taxi service. The taxi from the airport to hotel had cost us only BRL 38. I would not recommend anybody to stay at this place. If you do stay, please do not use their taxi service and make sure they have your reservation. And it you need sound sleep stay away or carry noise cancelling headset.

Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed April 7, 2011

On arrival, despite the fact we had pre-paid through www.booking.com they did not have a room available for us. We were taken to another hotel for that night and picked up next morning to return to Charm Suites. However, after eight hours of travel it is not acceptable to shuttle pre-paid guests to another hotel. Reservations made through Booking.com should be honoured since we have to pay even if we don´t show up. This shuttling back and forth also cost us time and cut into our sightseeing activities.

We did get helpful advice about getting to Iguassu Falls and how to use the local buses which are a 5 minute walk away. They also provided useful taxi service to the Argentinian Falls. Breakfast was good and there was free wi-fi which worked in our room beside the pool. The room was a good size and the bed was comfortable. The bathroom was well-designed and clean. It was NOT sound-proof. You could listen to everything being said and done in the next room.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Warsaw, Poland
Reviewed March 12, 2011

The hostel is located out of the center of the city, however very close to bus stop, where you can catch direct bus to the airport, Brazilian part of the falls, Argentinian part of the falls, city center or even to Ciudad del Este in Paraguay. There was a swimming pool, free wi-fi available in whole place, nice breakfasts with delicious cakes (orange, banana :-) and friendly staff which provided valuable information and directions. The rooms was spacious, with private bathroom and cleaned everyday (including towels' change)

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Lansing, Michigan
Reviewed February 3, 2011

I don't know where to start with the horrible experience...We were only going to be in Iguacu for 1 day and booked this hotel on hotels.com (who refuse to post my review) because it was inexpensive and boasted a "complimentary airport transportation." So after booking I contacted the hotel via email to arrange the transport and was told that they do not in fact offer it free of charge but they could pick us up for a fee. After reminding them that it is posted right on the website they then told me that yes, it was complimentary but only one way and would not tell me why when I asked. So I sent my flight info and they confirmed my pickup and that someone would be waiting.
So imagine my surprise when no one was there for us! We waited 10 minutes then called the hotel who told us they knew nothing of us and did not offer complimentary transportation. We told them the situation and that we had everything in writing and 20 minutes later a taxi showed up.

After arriving at the hotel the woman at the front desk told us that "sometimes they don't receive the emails" which is untrue because someone from their small hotel (Marcio) replied to all of my emails. She then got the "manager" who I expressed my frustration to. He stated "you got here didn't you?" I couldn't believe my ears and showed him the emails that he refused to look at and reminded him that our time was valuable as we only had 1 day at the falls. He again stated "so you're 30 minutes late, so what?" It gets better, I then told him that because of the inconvenience I would appreciate complimentary transport back to the airport in the morning. This really set him off and before storming out he stated "NO! I will not do that for you, you're just trying to take advantage of me!" Unbelievable! It ruined more than just our day and our experience at Iguacu. As a paying customer, I have never been spoken to that way and I informed him that I do post honest reviews (thank you trip advisor!) to which he stated "I don't care." What kind of business owner doesn't care what their customers think?!

Aside from the unacceptable treatment, we were quite disappointed with the room. It was located in a driveway next to the 6 foot pool down a flight of stairs with no elevator. The windows and door were paper thin and allowed every bit of noise inside the room. This was so bad that in the morning I was awoken to my upstairs neighbor urinating as if they were standing right next to me it was so loud! The vinyl curtains held up by a PVC pipe had to be clipped together to block out the light or provide privacy. The room had the basic amenities minus a phone. The bathroom floor was even complete with the largest centipede I have ever seen!

This hotel is in NO way a suite and should not be called such. They advertise "3 on site restaurants" that do not exist. They have a breakfast room and that is it. The hotel is located in a questionable residential area and not by any other hotels. It was a 25+ minute bus ride to the Brazil falls.

I read hotel reviews frequently and appreciate the advice from other travelers. My advice to you regarding Charm Iguassu Suite is to skip it! The "free transport" they advertise, their claim of "suites", and the inexcusable customer service (or lack thereof) is NOT worth it!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank chazurette
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed January 2, 2011

As stated in other reviews it is a very nice basic but very clean hotel and very cheap. The tour packages offered are very competitive and the price and convenience are very hard to beat. The hotel arranged to pick us and drop off at the airport for a very fair price. Overall it is a very nice hotel to visit the Iguazu falls. If you are looking for luxury this is not your hotel but for a simple no nonsense hotel this is your best bet.

Stayed December 2010, traveled with family