See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed May 4, 2016

I stayed for 1 night for Business in Hotel Nikko, I was surprised by the calm and unique atmosphere conveyed in the hotel. The room is very cosy and let's you relax after a long day at work. I arrived earlier than the checkin time, but they gave me a room right away. The shower is amazing and Breakfast very complete.

Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
HotelNikko_Gerencia, Gerente de relações com clientes at Hotel Nikko, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2016

Thank you for your stay at the Hotel Nikko. Thanks for rating our services. We are always available! Big hug our team!

Reviewed January 3, 2016

We stayed with our family of 5 over Christmas. Fabulous property. Clean. Rooms are a little small if you have much luggage. Valet parking for additional fee. Breakfast included. Poor wi-fi. Great multi-lingual staff!

Date of stay: December 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
HotelNikko_Gerencia, Gerente de relações com clientes at Hotel Nikko, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2016

Mr. Randi,
Team Hotel Nikko is very happy. Thank you for your stay in our hotel. Thanks for rating our services. Welcome forever!

Reviewed July 11, 2014

We were there for World Cup event. All the amenities of a four star hotel are there but everything is old and is poorly maintained. Rooms are very small and there is no sense of luxury there. I think the brand has badly failed in this outlet. I do not recommend staying at this hotel especially with the price that the brand demands for.

Date of stay: June 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank Jehangard
HotelNikko_Gerencia, Gerente de relações com clientes at Hotel Nikko, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2014

Dear Mr. Jehangard first nice day!
Many thanks for your comments on our structure and service.
Your opinion is very important to the growth of our work.
Be it a review or a simple compliment.
Mr. and their companions are always welcome at the Hotel Nikko!

Reviewed June 30, 2014

Stayed at the Hotel Nikko for several days recently. The lobby staff were generally quite friendly and helpful, and were probably the greatest asset of the hotel. The hotel decor is all in a Japanese style. Rooms are clean and simple. The beds and sheets were not particularly comfortable. The bathroom had a constant odor, even though it was technically cleaned every day. The fixtures in there are old, the sink never drained properly, and the fan had a loud noise and odd smell when turned on. The towels were thin and poor quality, occasionally with small stains. There was no iron in the room, nor one available at the front desk. Heard of one guest who had an issue with being improperly charged for minibar items, though I had no problem myself. Can see how it could happen though, with the lack of organization in room maintenance. WiFi went down a few times, but generally was fast and reliable.

The location of the hotel is questionable. It is safe in the daytime, near the conference center and Shopping Estacao mall. However, the area appears to be older, with very little to do. Restaurants and bars were few and far between, with a long walk to the busier, nicer parts of town in Centro and Batel. Never had a safety issue at night, but also avoided staying out late and didn't feel comfortable walking around the area at night. The hotel did have a Japanese-themed restaurant, but I didn't eat there during my stay.

This hotel is definitely a "budget" hotel, and business travelers shouldn't expect much. The neighborhood and bathroom status were the biggest negatives for me. In retrospect, there are nicer places to stay that are probably worth the slightly higher price.

Date of stay: June 2014
1  Thank OilIsle
HotelNikko_Gerencia, Gerente de relações com clientes at Hotel Nikko, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2014

Dear Sir, thank you for your feedback and comments on our service and location.
Be one criticizes or a simple compliment.
The same will be analyzed and leveraged to improve our srviço offered.
Sorry any damage caused during your stay at Hotel Nikko.
We'll be here always at your disposal.

Reviewed May 17, 2014

I spent 9 days at the Nikko on business just around the corner from the venue I was meet at. This is a good value hotel in Curitiba. During busy times in the mid-evening the free Internet Access is slow and overloaded but everything else worked just fine. The morning breakfast buffet was very good with lots of choice for both hot and cold food, fruit, different types of bread, sweet cakes and if you knew to ask there were fresh made crapes and waffles. Very good coffee from an automated machines with warm or cold milk too. The restaurant was not so good for dinner. I tried once ordering a pizza which was poor - no very poor! Eat elsewhere (see below) In so many places the air conditioning in rooms does not work or is noisy but here, at least in my room, is was great. Just set the temperature and when it got cold at night I heated the room and when hot at mid day cooled it. It was also silent enough to allow you to sleep. The grey bathroom suite with bidet showed signs of lime scale and the sink had no plug but neither were a great problem to me. My room - 901 - was on the 9th floor and overlooked the front of the Hotel. The building site across the road was not the best view I have ever had but that I guess will be better when the work is finished and there was not detectable noise at night - or during the day come to that. In most places in Curitiba that I visited, in shops and places to eat people did not speak good English, indeed no English at all mostly. To find places to eat just turn right out of the hotel and 2 blocks down (about 300 yards) is the Mall with its own railway train museum with lots of places inside to eat, many at low cost. There is an upstairs floor as well which I did not realise until my 3rd visit with a good hamburger restaurant (if there can be such thin) but the two steak places on the ground floor we better. For fast food there is perhaps 20 places. It seems to be open almost any time. From the Nikko Hotel turn left and 200 yards up on the left is an excellent if little expensive restaurant called Zea Mais which is outstanding. It does not open till 8mp for dinner but is worth waiting for. I took the advice of the waiting staff who all spoke good English and was delighted with both the food and the wine they suggested. It was well worth a second visit. If I was in that part of town I would use it again.

Room tip: I had room 901 which looks out over the front of the hotel. There is not a particularly great view in any direction but high rooms are generally better for less noise and better view. Generally in Curitiba people do not speak English. Even in the Hotel most did not except at the reception. Even there their command of English was poor. There is a tourist bus that takes you around the cisty that leaves from just outside the Mall every 30 minutes or so. 29 Reals buys 5 tickets allowing you to get on and off where you like 5 times.
Date of stay: May 2014
1  Thank NEIL H
HotelNikko_Gerencia, Gerente de relações com clientes at Hotel Nikko, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2014

Dear Mr. Neil, first nice day and thank you for exposing your opinion about us.
Detailed observations of our location and service, stunning clarity.
Your opinion is very important to us.
Mr. is always welcome!
and their companions too!