“Spacious rooms”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Lugano, Switzerland
“Spacious rooms”
Reviewed December 10, 2012

Nice location in the heart of Curitiba. I was impressed by the size of the room, which was also very clean and confy. Not a spectacular hotel, but perfect for business travellers. Walking distance from many good restaurants. Good breakfast, free wifi.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
pestana, General Manager at Pestana Curitiba Hotel, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Dear Guest, Thank you for your visit, and for your helpful review. We are glad to know that you enjoyed your stay with us, and appreciated your compliments regarding our property. Thank you again for your preference, and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Pestana Curitiba Hotel in the near future. Yours Sincerely,

Pestana Curitiba

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Pune, India
Reviewed September 29, 2012

I travelled to Curitiba for work for 3 months . Out of all the options chose pestana only because of it's location . It was right next to my office .
But I stayed there I realised it could not be better in terms of comfort also. The service in pestana is spotless. There was almost nothing that I needed and they denied for it . I did try moving to a different hotel for 2 weeks just to make my stay more cost effective but I had to run back to pestana because they had spoilt me with there great service.
Along with great and comfortable rooms , pestana has a gym , heated pool, sauna, spa , lounge and restaurant. I did not eat much in pestana, because the food in pestana was just average as compared to the price that we pay. Also the free wi-fi was just ok, but good enough to browse Internet and check and send mails.
The best place in pestana was it's heated pool and gym, it had amazing view .
Will definitely stay in pestana , wheneverI am in Curitiba again. I can rate pestana as excellent for the great service , it's pool and it's location !!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
pestana, General Manager at Pestana Curitiba Hotel, responded to this review, September 30, 2012
Dear Guest, Thank you very much for your detailed review following your recent stay at the Pestana Curitiba Hotel. Your comments are most appreciated. We always strive to provide a warm and welcoming experience to our guests, and we are happy that you enjoyed the hotels services and facilities. Please do not hesitate to contact me next time you visit us. We look forward to welcoming you back in Curitiba. Yours Sincerely,

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed September 4, 2012

The Pestana Curitiba is an efficient hotel--standard rooms and bath like any hotel anywhere in the world. The restaurant serves average food, mostly Western with few Brazilian choices and high prices for the quality. Service is attentive--just don't ask for hot water for tea as it takes forever if they remember hehe. The front desk and porters are always accommodating and efficient. In terms of dining, check out online recommendations. Finally, the location is downtown which may be efficient for working but is not the nicest area of Curitiba. Be sure to take a local tour and see the Botanical Gardens, parks, Opera House in the Quarry, the historical district and more. It will give you a totally different perception of Curitiba.

Room Tip: Higher floors are better but not too close to the top as you will smell the chlorine from the pool.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank MarcoPro2050
pestana, General Manager at Pestana Curitiba Hotel, responded to this review, September 13, 2012
Dear Guest, Thank you very much for your detailed review following your recent stay at the Pestana Curitiba Hotel. Your comments are most appreciated. We always strive to provide a warm and welcoming experience to our guests. Please do not hesitate to contact me next time you visit us. We look forward to welcoming you back in Curitiba. Yours Sincerely,

Cascais, Portugal
Reviewed August 26, 2012

A hotel of reasonable size, with a convenient location. Front desk people were reasonably cooperating (could be more). The hotel lobby has a Bar/Brewery near the reception (sharing the same space) which is noisy and not very pleasant. I was on the 15th floor with a great view. The room was spacious with a large bed; the decor could be cozier. The bathroom could be bigger and have a tube. The swimming pool at the roof is a must. The breakfast room was reasonable and the choices were excellent, with a very good selection of fruit and bread.
Despite some flaws, I recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: choose a room in a high floor (great views)
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
pestana, Manager at Pestana Curitiba Hotel, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
Dear Mr. Luiz,

Newark, Delaware
Reviewed August 13, 2012

Each and every person I contacted that worked at the hotel went out of their way to help. They were so much help with the language barrier, being for the US. I will definitely stay here on my next visit.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank mraymond23
Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for staying with us at the Pestana Curitiba Hotel, and for taking the time to send us your valuable comments. It´s always gratifying to receive positive feedback, and your kind comments will be shared with all the staff members, whom I am certain will be encouraged with your remarks. We do hope to have the opportunity in the near future to welcome you, your friends and family back at our hotel, as we look forward to being of service. Thank you again for having shared your experience with us. Yours Sincerely,

Lima, Lima, Peru
Reviewed August 13, 2012

Pestana Curitiba Hotel is really an excelent Hotel. It has a nice staff. Its Customer Service area is very professional. For any sort of trip you can expect a good receiving and treatment. You can experience the hospitality and kindness from brazilians, indeed.

Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank LuisMartin23
Dear Mr. Luis,

Thank you very much for choosing the Pestana Curitiba Hotel, and for sharing your feedback with us. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay, and we hope that you will return and become a regular guest of ours. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Yours sincerely,

Brasil
Reviewed July 22, 2012

I want to think that I was really out of luck, I arrived at the hotel and the guy at the front desk was not customer oriented at all. I took my own bag up only to find that I got one of the worse rooms and the futon cover was dirty (the walls were quite dirty too). I called the front desk, the same guy picks up the phone and says he can't change my room because they are fully booked. Later a guy comes with another key (never apologizes) to notify me of my new room. The new room's futon cover was clean but I felt cleanliness was not their priority. Customer service was not either as during my 3 day stay the staff decided not to greet me at all (!!!).
Again, I want to think that I was just unlucky as it is really hard to believe from a (4 star) hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank HotelSpy2010
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Pestana Curitiba Hotel and for your comments regarding your stay. We are sorry to learn about the inconveniences you experienced whilst staying with us. Your information regarding our levels of service were worthy of our utmost attention, and the necessary actions are being taken in order to prevent similar situations from happening in the future. We hope that you will give us the pleasure of welcoming you back when you next visit Curitiba.

Kind regards,