“Great Hotel”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
“Great Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

This was a very pleasant stay. The internet was free, you got free bottled water everyday, the beds were comfy, came with free breakfast, had a gym, pool, and spa. Good location. The staff spoke English which was a huge help and even suggested places to eat which were amazing places. I was very pleased with my stay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank MapleBean
FourPointsCWB, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Curitiba, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
We are honored to receive your kind comments regarding your stay in our Hotel, and the opportunity to know your preferences and understand how we will be able to reach your expectations in your next visits! I´m glad you enjoyed the structure of our rooms in terms of comfort and decor. Recently our Hotel was submitted to a total renewal of rooms, social areas and spa, and this investment was made having in mind that our Guest needed to have a better technology available, but with a comfort welcoming touch that we have as our signature. This concern is also what bases the investment that we dedicate to develop the habilities of our Team, specially considering the language skills of them. As we host many international business travellers, it is most important to have associates that can clearly communicate and assist our Guests in their own language, and I know that your compliment will reinforce their commitment to keep up their improvement. We are all looking forward to welcoming you back in our Hotel soon!

Four Points by Sheraton Curitiba

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
cologne
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

This hotel provides everything you would expect of a reasonable Four Points hotel. The positive: An excellent breakfast buffet with a Brazilian twist. The negative: Probably the slowest check in I have ever encountered! I have stayed here 6 times, and each time it appears to get slower. On the most recent visit, the whole system had collapsed at check-out time.

Room Tip: Higher rooms have less traffic noise --- but you can have a long wait for an elevator!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank david44
Thank you for your kindness in sharing your comments regarding your recent stay in our Hotel! It´s such an important source that we base our initiatives upon, and I sincerely thank you to bring these information to our attention. I apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced in this stay or any other before, specially because we have as our main reason of work to serve and to priorize our Guest´s comfort and convenience. I commit that we will work twice as much to guarantee that this will be reviewed and our Team better trained to grant that both processes, check in and out, will be more effective and fast for our Guests. Once again I apologize and hope that we will welcome you back in our Hotel to demonstrate that we took your comments seriously, taking the actions needed. Thank you!

Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2013

Check-in was smooth and fast. Reception staff spoke fluent English and were keen to do everything possible to make the stay more enjoyable. Front desk manager took the trouble to walk me over to the elevators, a nice personal touch that you see in really high-end hotels, as opposed to a Business Hotel like Four Points. Have attached some pictures of the reception/lobby area.

Beds are clean and comfortable. They provide complimentary bottled water in the room which is rare in the Brazilian hotels that I have stayed in. They also have a kettle in the room for free coffee and tea.

Free and fast Internet. Have stayed in other hotels in Curitiba and the Internet here was the fastest that I have experienced. Downloaded and sent large 6-7MB file attachments in seconds. Impressive.

Small but well equipped gym. 4 thread mills. 3 exercise bikes. 5 pieces of weight equipment. Small set of free weights and a Benchpress station. Lap pool is beautiful and they keep the environment around the pool warm for the comfort of the guests. There is also a spa there. Please see photos attached with this review.

Breakfast is free and has a decent selection of fruit, cereals, cold cuts, bread, and 2-3 warm breakfast entrees. I had dinner one evening in the restaurant on the second floor and the food was excellent. The pasta and appetizers were of a high quality and the food was served quickly. They do not offer a buffet at dinner and guests order off the ala-carte menu. Dishes were largely Italian inspired.

Hotel is situated very near the Novobatel Curitiba Mall which has a great selection of restaurants and shops. There is a nice food court at the top of the mall for those looking for some variety(MacDonalds, Burger King, Sushi, Tacos...) but are on a budget.

Please indicate if you found this review helpful. Thanks.

Room Tip: Restaurant on second floor has good food.
Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Dover C
FourPointsCWB, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Curitiba, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Thank you so much for the opportunity to know your experience while in our Hotel and the important details you shared with us! I´m really glad that our Crew was able to make you feel at home and assisted during your stay. It is our main concern to create a comfortable, easy to work and cosy space for our Guests, but also having the best products in our restaurant, a welcoming feeling in our services and the best location. Recently we invested in the upgrade of our internet link and access, because we understand how important it is to our Guest´s to have a fast service available. As we also understand that our Guest´s have a very high expectation of our services, the internet is fast, effective and is free of charge, as our breakfast every morning, fitness center, swimming pool, sauna and steamroom. We are pleased to know that these services made your expectations to be reached, and hopefully we will be able to welcome you back soon in our Hotel!

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013 via mobile

Modern, well run hotel with very friendly and helpful staff, who speak English. Rooms are comfortable. There is an indoor pool and a nice spa. Breakfast is varied and the lunch and dinner menues are among the best in Curitiba.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Homborjen
FourPointsCWB, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Curitiba, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Thank you very much for your review of your experience of our services and facilities! I personally thank you for the oportunity that you gave our Team to extend you their services and attention. This compliment will certainly reinforce their committment to continue delivering their best to our Guests. Over and over we are confirming that many couples are coming to our Hotel, and we understand that the pool and also the Spa, recently operating in our Hotel, are the services better apreciated in their stays. This is the reason we continue investing to improve and keep up their differentials. I´m glad that our menus and breakfast let you have such a nice gastronomic experience. As part of our amenities, all Guests have our complimentary breakfast served every morning, and this is the main reason we want to serve what we can find freshest and healthiest in the market. We are, at this very moment, renewing our restaurant menus and hopefully you´ll have an even better experience in your next visit to our Hotel, that we hope will be soon!

Sao Paulo, SP
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013

I had the opportunity to stay once again at the Four Points Curitiba, and as always I was surprised with the quality of services and areas, very clean and with a level of detail quite insightful. The breakfast was very well served, with a helpful and very friendly staff. When I arrived after a long flight, I went to the lobby bar and enjoyed the welcome drink that was offered to me. I was served a draft beer that made my arrival a very pleasurable one. I thank all associates of the Hotel who allowed me such a comfortable stay!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank mauro p
FourPointsCWB, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Curitiba, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
We are sincerely glad to receive your review regarding the experience of services and structure you lived with us in the Four Points of Curitiba. Our concern is to keep our areas and facilities all very clean, well mantained and updated to our Guests, because we understand that this is one of the first impressions that leave each and everyone of them a permanent memory of their stays. We also concerned to keep our Associates trained, developed and motivated to give the best service they may to personalize the experience of hospitality, and we are pleased that this reached your expectations. The welcome drink we served you upon your arrival is one single token of our way to say how happy we are to be your Hotel of choice, and hopefully we will be able to have you in the Four Points in all your future trips to Curitiba!

Lahti, Finland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2012

I really enjoyed my recent stay at the Four Points by Sheraton Curitiba ! The check-in/out procedures were really smooth, car valet-parking extremely efficient, nice bar, good breakfast and extremely fast wifi connection made my stay just enjoyable. Also the staff was extremely polite and cheerfull during my whole stay. This hotel will be my preferred choice when I return to Curitiba.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank hessuConcepcionChile
FourPointsCWB, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Curitiba, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Thank you so much for your kindness to share your comments of your recent stay in our Hotel. I´m glad that our services and facilities reached your expectations. Our Guests comments are the most important source of information to let us continously addressing our efforts to improve the services we extend to all each and everyone of them. Thank you to give us the oportunity to assist your requests during your stay, and we hope you enjoyed the dedication we wanted you to feel in every interaction. Hopefully we will be able to welcome you back in the Four Points of Curitiba soon!

Baden, Austria
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2012

Close to excellent restaurants (some of them in walking distance) you find the Four Points By Sheraton Curitiba, for sure the best business hotel in Curitiba.
I stayed approx. 40 nights in 2012 there.

Excellent service of everybody in the hotel, especially in the reception, in the restaurant and the service staff general! Very friendly people and ready to help any time. Special thanks also to Aline V.!

Very good wallet parking service.
The internet works quick.
I also like the Fitness Center, it is well equipped but could be a bit bigger.

For sure i will continue booking this hotel!
Absolute one of my favorite business hotels in the countries I visit frequently.

JMo

Room Tip: All rooms are designed in a modern style. Very comfortable beds. I like very much the iPod docking...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank joergmoritz
FourPointsCWB, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Curitiba, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Thank you for your kind review of your service experience in our Hotel! It´s a privilege to be in the most valued neighborhood in Curitiba, close to the best shopping malls, restaurants, bars and business centers, and we know how it is important for our business and leisure travellers due to the wide options that it gives them while in town. I´m glad you mentioned the areas that we invested recently, as our guest rooms, fitness center, and many others. I´m also glad that the upgrade that we made in our internet access and broadband and the dockstation for mp3 playing completed your comfort during your stay and delighted you. As we understand that the facilities and systems are part of the entire experience of service, our gastronomy and breakfast, complimentary offered every morning to all of our Guests promote the welcoming feeling that we try to dedicate in our Hotel. I thank you, on behalf of Aline and our team, for your kind words to recognize their dedication to what gives us all the genuine pleasure, that is kind words to recognize their dedication to what gives us all the genuine pleasure, that is caring for our Guests! Hopefully we will welcome you back soon in our Hotel and in Curitiba!