“You know why it is #1”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
“You know why it is #1”
Reviewed November 28, 2012

From the moment of the check-in, through the unfortunate moment of check-out, a truly perfect experience. This is a property that lives by the rule that the employee is who makes the mood. The front desk staff was courteous, the bellboy made coffee with a smile and the barman was great. The room was spacious, clean and WOW, never experienced a shower like that. Felt like I was bathing under the Foz de Iguacu!!! What pressure. The breakfast was ample, fresh and once again the restaurant staff superb. I want to go back to Curitiba just to stay here again!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank markroy53
FourPointsCWB, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Curitiba, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
We are sincerely glad to receive your review regarding your recent stay in our Hotel! The facilities were submitted to a great investiment about 18 months ago, considering the guests rooms, fitness center and spa, lobby and lobby bar, and finally in our restaurant. Above this all, our staff is continously being developed with on property training sessions and also being motivated to offer to each and every one of our guests a genuine and, specially, human touch to their interactions. Our main reason for this effort is to let our Guests know how special they are to us, and I´m happy that we had the opportunity to leave you this positive and memorable experience. We look forward to welcoming you back in the Four Points of Curitiba soon!

Four Points by Sheraton Curitiba

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Curitiba, PR
Reviewed November 24, 2012

I have spent well over 200 nights in hotels over the last four years for business, of which 150 nights were in Brazil. After staying in the Four Points in Curitiba, I have no reason to consider staying elsewhere! The staff at the front desk, the restaurant and the lounge are all world class. The hotel is situated in the middle of town, placing it near all sorts of restaurants and nightlife. The rooms are nice and clean, and the food tastes good! What more could you ask for?

Room Tip: The rooms with two beds seem to be about 5 feet longer than the ones with single beds, and the side...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Matt P
FourPointsCWB, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Curitiba, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
We are honored to receive your comments regarding your stay in our Hotel! All the investiments we make to improve our facilities and systems are reinforced with the committment that we try to translate in the services that our team delivers everyday to each and every one of our Guests, and we feel sincerely very happy to know that we could bring you comfort and a warmth feeling while with us. We all understand that our Guests have comparison parameters, specially considering Guests that spend pratically more than 50% of their year traveling, The reason we continue improving our services and facilities is to keep being their first choice in our city, and I´m really glad that we fulfilled your expectations. We´ll keep all of our efforts to surpass your needs and keep being your Hotel of choice in Curitiba!

Thank you, sincerely!

Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed November 21, 2012

Very friendly service, speedy check in, excellent rooms, perfect wifi and a decent restaurant. You can't ask for more when travelling on business. The gym facilities are first rate too. Highly recommended.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you very much for staying with us while in Curitiba, and specially for your kind review of our services and facilities. I´m glad to know that the investiment that we made in the upgrade of our internet access and broadband, and also the renewal of all of our rooms and suites, and also our fitness center, reached your expectations and needs during your stay in our Hotel. We understand how important it is to our business and leisure travelers to find accessibility, comfort and eficiency while away from home, and we all try to make all these happen with warmth and caring. It´s a great honor to know that had the oportunity to leave you with such a positive memory. Hopefully we will be able to welcome you back in our hotel soon!!!

York, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 27, 2012

This hotel is very central & conveniently ;located, but is a fair way from the airport.
Parking could be a problem.
Check in/out is made very easy & generally the staff here are excellent.
The food is superb.
Rooms are fine, though it can be a little noisy.
Plenty to see & do within easy walking distance & the hotel staff are very willing to help.

Room Tip: Higher rooms are quieter.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
FourPointsCWB, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Curitiba, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Thank you for your kind comments regarding your experience of our services and facilities. Our Guest´s opinions are most valued, and based on them we can keep our efforts focused. I´m glad that our restaurant reached your expectations and that the Chef´s dishes could bring you such a positive remark. I´m also pleased that the renovation that we went through a while ago brought you this warmth feeling and offered the comfort and structure that you needed. Our valet parking is operated by a business partner that is also very commited to high standard quality of services, and I´m sure that they will take your comments very seriously revise and review any improvement opportunity. We look forward to welcoming you back in our Hotel soon, and thank you once again for your review!!

Chipping Ongar, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 13, 2012

I just cannot believe some of the reviews!
On arrival and during our stay reception staff were very friendly ,warm and helpful . But there is nothing else good to say about this hotel!
We booked a premium room which looks out over a confused mess of ugly tower blocks . It's small with a queen size bed covered with small ,cheap sheets and a duvet that straight out of the 80's.the pillows are foam .the carpet is grubby and stained which matches the dull cream decor .It is cold and three times we have complained about no heating and nothing has happened . We had to complain twice to get the safe fixed!
The bathroom is cramped and no shelving for wash bags etc . No bath just a shower which is mouldy in places. However the shower is reasonably powerful.The toiletries are poor,toilet bowl chipped .
At turn down they only think one is in the room and you have to ask for another water,towel and chocolate- every time The room and bathroom feels more like a cell !
Downstairs the bar is far too small with a dreadful wine selection ,many wines on the list are not available .
The fruit for breakfast is excellent but the rest is of low quality unless you like rubber scrambled eggs and bacon so crispy it crumbles .
This is supposed to be one of the best hotels in Curitiba . I dread what the rest are like in this dreary city
We only stayed here because of a business conference otherwise we would have left immediately.

This is not what I expect from the Sheraton brand.

Room Tip: Nothing to help you with just don't stay here !
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Worldtraveller1953
FourPointsCWB, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Curitiba, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
Thank you very much for sharing with us your valued opinion regarding your stay in our hotel. I would like to present you my sincere apologies for any inconvenience you may have experienced while with us, and also apologize that our service and structure did not reach your expectations. We focus our efforts to make our guests feel welcome and have their needs and requests attended as soon as we receive them, and I´m sorry that we could not extend you the services we are dedicated to. About one and a half years our Hotel was submitted to a total renewal of all guest rooms and suites, including our lobby lounge, lobby bar, spa, fitness center, sauna and spa, and our main concern was to keep offering our guests the most comfortable, updated and modern facilities. Our food and beverage team is also working to review the comments you made regarding our breakfast itens offer, and we will double our efforts to make it even better, fresher and healthy. We took your comments very seriously and will revise and review all the points to make the necessary corrections. I will commit personally to present you our best standard of services and product, and hopefully we will be able to have another opportunity to welcome you back in our Hotel in the near future.

Newark
Reviewed September 29, 2012

I have stayed in some of the best business hotels in many cities around the world, and I can say, without a doubt, that this is my favourite. I stay here every six months when I go to Curitiba for business.

The best aspect of this hotel is the staff. They always recognize me and other members of my group when we arrive. When I walk into the reception, members of the team (now led by Aline, who was recently promoted to a management position in reception), always call out to me by name and come around the counter to greet me with hugs and kisses. They provide us with water or fresh orange juice as we are checking in, as well, to help us to feel refreshed after traveling.

Once, I was sick when I arrived at the hotel; they had a doctor on site within 20 minutes to help me, and one of the staff members stayed with me throughout the visit to translate and to make sure that everything went well. Aline checked on me and offered to have juice and anything else I needed sent to my room to help me to get better as quickly as possible so that I could be ready for my work event in Curitiba the next day. There is no better staff in any hotel anywhere.

Besides the staff, this hotel has many other great qualities:

- Recently updated rooms that are very nice and comfortable, with plenty of lighting and space to get your work done;

- Free high-speed internet (both cabled and wi-fi available in your room);

- Though the bathrooms are a bit bland to look at (plenty of white on white, not a lot of counter space), the water pressure of the shower is absolutely fantastic;

- An iron in every room (which is a rarity in Brazil, where hotels would rather you use their expensive pressing services--as if you have the time to get your outfits pressed when you're in town for only a day or two for business);

- Good breakfast buffet;

- Convenient and affordable spa services;

- Well-equipped gym with a fantastic pool for swimming laps;

- Great value!

My colleagues and I always look forward to going to Curitiba every six months as we travel around Brazil. Besides the fact that the city is fabulous (great restaurants and services, lots of convenience, and it is a clean city), we know that we are going to a hotel that is very convenient and where the staff treats us like we are at home. I absolutely love this hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
FourPointsCWB, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Curitiba, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
We are all really honored to receive your comments and review of our services and facilities, but specially to feel that we pleased you so much everytime you stay in our Hotel. The most important commitment that our team have is to sincerely care about the expectations and needs of our guests, and this is why we are dedicated to make each and everyone of them feel welcome in their time with us. This is the main reason for our investments. As you mentioned, we recently renewed all or our rooms and suites, lobby, spa, swimming pool and fitness center, specially to make them even more comfortable. Recently we upgraded the internet access, changing all antenas, internet link and the monitoring system, so our guests can count with a better, easier and faster access. We are dedicating special care to our breakfast, including many different and fresh options and trying to bring to this first meal, that we offer complimentary everyday, really a plus to our guest´s stays. We are really proud to being your choice in Curitiba, and we hope to continue welcoming you in your next visits to our city!

Wellington
Reviewed September 22, 2012

Very comfortable hotel, with excellent staff who speak English, French, Japanese etc. Would recommend for business traveller. Not right in the old center of town though. Only complaint was the room-service pizza was terrible. Order something else, perhaps. No self-service laundry, and the hotel laundry was pretty expensive (like most business hotels). Too late, discovered there's a dry cleaner on the street behind the hotel - will try that next time.

Room Tip: Street end can be noisy, but it's fine with the window closed.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank tfmbrown
FourPointsCWB, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Curitiba, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Thank you so much for your kind review of your recent stay in our Hotel! I´m glad to know that our services delighted you in this experience, because we understand how important it is to have all the support needed while away from home. This is the reason we value so much that our team can communicate in other languages, specially English and Spanish, due to the fact that this makes the welcome feeling that we want to deliver in every stay of our Guests. Another important part of the whole welcoming experience that we are dedicated to deliver is with our restaurants. I´m sorry that your first impact was not as positive as we wanted. We started creating new options for our in-room dining, restaurant and bar menus, considering the comments of our guests, and hopefully we will be able to offer you better and tasty choices in your next trip to Curitiba and in your next stay with us! We look forward to welcoming you back soon!