“Very satisfied” 4 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersBronze level
Marktbreit, Germany
“Very satisfied”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2011

I was staying 2 nights at the Radisson hotel in Curitiba and I paid € 120 per night for a standard room including taxes, breakfast and internet connection (prepaid rate).
The lady at the reception was very friendly and spoke fluently English. All the people I had contact with were very friendly and helpful.
My room was on the 7th floor, towards the backside of the hotel. It was well sized and equiped with a very comfortable double bed, a working desk, a water cooker with a choice of powder coffee and tea and a nice flat screen TV.
The bathroom was divided into 2 units. The wash basin was part of the room, only the toilet and the shower were in a separate room. The shower was huge and very nice. All rooms were perfectly clean.
The internet connection was free of charge and was working very reliably and fast.
I gave some clothes to the laundry and they were returned to me in a good state and on time.
Although included in my rate, I didn't have breakfast, nor did I use the restaurant. Apparently they have a swimming pool, but I didn't even see it.
The hotel is situated in one of the best neighbourdhoods of Curitiba, Batel. It is rather a residential area, but there are plenty of good restaurants, bars and malls around. The way to the airport took me 35 minutes and cost me R$ 55. Most of the taxis in Curitiba accept credit card payments. Don't forget to request it when reserving a cab from the hotel.
Overall, this hotel can be absolutely recommended and I will probably come back when staying in Curitiba again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Schackel
Gerencia_Radisson, Front Office Manager at Radisson Hotel Curitiba, responded to this review, September 19, 2011
It's a pleasure receive your comment!
I'm glad to know that you reccomend us for so many travelers. I'll share your comment with all our staff and let they know about your opinion.

Radisson Hotel Curitiba

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Sao Paulo, SP
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2011

The Radisson is located in one of Curitiba´s main avenues, in front of Japan Square. Downtown / Batel area. Close to many restaurants, bars and shopping areas; Very comfortable room, king size extra comfort bed for you to spreaaaadddd. My wife and I loved it. Free wi-fi internet access, good restaurant in the entrance level - the night we had dinner there there was a piano player; Nice atmosphere. the hotel was fully redecorated less than two years ago (now July 2011).
Very efficient check in and out. Friendly staff. Large ´hotel chain´ but very effcient local team. Parking available at daily fee. How about adding a pillow menu or offer some options in bedroom? that would be perfect! Very service minded!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank TuscanyZANON
Thank you for your review regarding your stay with us!
I´m glad to know that our services makes the difference, and I really appreciate your suggestions to improve our options.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Kind Regards,
Front Office Supervisor
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2011

The hotel was extremely clean and in a nice part of town. Close to Shopping Curitiba and other key attractions in the city. Beds were extremely comfortable and the room was very clean. Highly recommended for a stay in Curitiba.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank JohnActon

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2011

Staff is great, especially Mara from the restaurant. All is clean and location is the best.

• Stayed May 2011
1 Thank Fmoraes
Gerencia_Radisson, Gerente de recepção at Radisson Hotel Curitiba, responded to this review, July 24, 2011
It's a pleasure receive your coment!
I'm glad to know that Mara had a special attention on you. I'll share your coment with all our staff and let they know about your opinion.

Boston, Massachusetts
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2011

This is a typical chain hotel, no charm. Looks good, but service is terrible. People are nice but inefficient. Twice they "forgot" my room service, and a wakeup call.
Apologies are not accepted for a business hotel. On vacation maybe ok, if you don't mind waiting for hours for a simple pizza. After 3 calls, the pizza (tasted like frozen pizza) came but, of course, they brought the wrong soda. Detail: I speak Portuguese, it's my native language.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank ffhhs
Leicester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2011

I was travelling solo for a business trip and it was my first time in Curitiba so I went for a slightly more expensive hotel and I wasn't disappointed. Great location on one of the main avenues, and I emailed the reservation address prior to my arrival to arrange an airport transfer and was contacted the following day by the hotel's chosen company. They charged 100rs for the transfer, apparently taxis (which are readily available at the airport) would charge around 70rs (my driver spoke v.good english). The area is very safe, so I walked 4 blocks at night to Barolo which was a very good restaurant. The hotel breakfast is very good, although I didn't think much of the pizzas that I tried out in the evening. Other than that and the fact that my bath is nearly as big as their swimming pool, it is a good hotel and all the staff speak english.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your review and for share your opinion with many travelers!
I´m glad to know that our Hotel are perfect for you. I apologize for the pizza that was served, thank you for your suggestions to improve our service.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Kind Regards,
Front Office Supervisor
Sao Paulo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2010

I went to Curitiba for a business meeting and stayed in Radisson for 3 nights. The bedroom is excellent, the beds are very comfortable, two queen beds in a room.
The breakfast has many healthy choices, with many different regional fruits, juices and breads. Good fitness center.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business