“Zoo that need be renewed”

Zoologico Municipal de Curitiba
Ranked #31 of 299 things to do in Curitiba
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Zoo Curitiba is located in the southern region of the city, and has animals from all parts of the world in its fauna.Unfortunately this Zoo needs to be renewed. I think a visit to this zoo is not worth it. Excepting if you really like seeing animals...

1  Thank Eliane L

Reviewed April 19, 2012

The zoo is a bit out of town on a reserve of sorts. Most of the animals have lots of space to roam around, and it feels more like a park than a zoo. There are ponds and animals living in as natural habitats possible for a zoo.

1  Thank Hurstonp
Reviewed February 29, 2012

I drove to this place and the roads to this place were the worst I have seen! Huge potholes. I came in the back way also which may have been worse but left the other way and it was just as bad. They were fixing the holes on the way out and my wife said they were getting ready for the World Cup crowd. Going to this zoo I was thinking it would be a few animals and not worth the trip. Then the road made me think twice. Then when I got to the dirt parking lot I was sure it was a waste. I did go on a weekday and it was raining a little so not much of a crowd. Isnt it always raining anyway? They dont even charge and admission for this place! Its paid by the peoples taxes. Maybe thats why it looks so shabby on the outside? Then when we got through the gates I was surprised to find the place pretty nice! Its like two different worlds. Outside the gates no money! Inside the gates MONEY! I guess the brazilians are paying thier taxes. Lots of nice birds to see. I loved the Hippos as you can get real close to two of them. The Toucan was cool.

Anyway...what a bargain! Free. Great place to bring your kids and bring an extra stoller for the toddler as the other people are correct. Some big hills to walk up.

2  Thank terickson
Reviewed January 21, 2012

This is a very large zoo... kids may get tired of walking... so be prepare to do stops on the way... there is snacks available and water... you will needed. The place is well maintain and is a great option to visit any de day of the week... be prepare for lines and full parking lot during the weekend.

Reviewed January 19, 2012

Very weel organized and maintened zoo. You have to walk a lot