“Nice hotel and good location”
Review of Harbor Hotel Batel

Harbor Hotel Batel
Ranked #21 of 103 Hotels in Curitiba
GreenLeadersBronze level
Vancouver, Canada
“Nice hotel and good location”
Reviewed February 23, 2012

The hotel was very fine, with kitchen facilities and well located in one of the best neighborhoods of Curitiba. The only problem I had was the time room service took to bring me tools to cook.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Parkland, Florida
Reviewed December 18, 2011

I am an easy to please guy... if you look my other postings you will see it's hard to find complaints on them.... I am afraid, not at this time.

Everything went wrong here:
- To start, the hotel had several cars parked using guest spaces. You couldn't even find a way to get to their parking lot - it took me a while to finally be able to get to their garage entrance.
- Then it came the check-in.... I was very clear to my travel agent: I am looking for either 2 connecting rooms or at least close enough on the same floor.... And I got confirmation in written that it would be provided and they have communicated to the hotel. Guess what? the hotel didn't have it arranged... they said they were not aware and blamed the travel agency (quite reputable one)....the best they were able to do then is to accommodate us in the same floor but in the totally opposite side each room.
- The rude guy checking us in said that they would need to charge me full in advance... I went to a dispute and finally agree to have just the first night charged (awkward isn't it ? never got to a hotel that charges in advance before your stay).
- Then, I asked for help with my bags.... I tipped the guy quite well and asked if he could at least check if we could get closer rooms even if in the upcoming nights. That person said he would check it with reception straight away and would call me.... I kept waiting and after 15min decided to get downstairs.... Guess what, that person never even chatted with the reception....
- Finally, upon realizing they really didn't care about my needs, not even bother to be polite and collaborative as they should, I told the guy I am not planning to stay longer... Their answer ? Fine, do whatever you want.
- So, I called another hotel nearby that I have stayed before and I explained to them what was happening. The reception at that other hotel asked me to wait and in 30sec I was talking to her manager. He said, they felt bad to know how poor their competitors were doing and he would be glad to have me and my family with them. He asked me how much I was paying and despite their regular tariff being higher than Harbor, they would honor it.
- One final issue (at least until now... it's night and I am at this hotel trying to sleep)... I went out with family for diner and they are so archaic here that they still use keys that you need to leave in the reception when you go out... It took me 3min to get someone to retrieve my keys... Why ??? oh... the guy was too busy smoking in front of the hotel.

Bottomline from my end: Harbor Batel lost a total of 2 rooms x 8 nights in profits... With no apologies, no trying to work around... It tell's you something about how much they care about their guests. I hope you see this note and think twice before booking... I am sure their losses will further multiply as the voice of customer get's out!!!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank northgang
Rede_Harbor, General Manager at Harbor Hotel Batel, responded to this review, January 11, 2012
Dear Mr.

It is very sad to read your comment where you report the problems at their accommodation.

After all, we consider the importance of the fact getting to our knowledge, for while we take care of details, guidance, training and care that we would like our guests to be treated, this has not happened to you and your family.

Sorry and make sure that we are seeking, through all forms, solve for others to bypass the same embarrassment.

We would like to invite you in for a next stay in Curitiba can stay in our hotel, giving us the opportunity to correct our mistake.

Best Regards,
Marcelo Gazabin

Zaragoza, Spain
Reviewed July 31, 2011

Mini-departments, kitchen, bathroom, living and bedroom. Bed king size, cable TV and WiFi. Friendly staff and good restaurant. And ten minutes walking from Tiradentes (downtown). And a very attractive price tag. What else is needed? I always use it in Curitiba, I'll continue using it.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank Luis_de_Zaragoza
Rede_Harbor, Manager at Harbor Hotel Batel, responded to this review, August 3, 2011
Mr. Luis, the team of Harbor Hotel Batel is extremely happy with your comments.

Attend your needs and exceed your expectations is the least we can offer for your stay the best possible.

Again we appreciate your comments and we are at your disposal whenever you need.

Harbor Hotel Batel Team
Reviewed January 4, 2011

The rate at 130 reals a night was the best that I could find in Curitiba. Hotel is decent, rooms are spacious & clean. Reception staff speak English and are helpful. Also, a pretty decent location!

• Stayed January 2011
1 Thank JH0000
Rede_Harbor, Manager at Harbor Hotel Batel, responded to this review, March 15, 2011
Thanks for your comments and we hope to see you soon.