“Great Pub Dining”

Cuisines: American
Wausau, Wisconsin
“Great Pub Dining”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

A great little restaurant/pub in the middle of nowhere. Clean, well lit, friendly staff. Location is out of the way but easy to find. We went on an early Friday night with the kids and we all loved it. I got the seafood platter- frog legs, scallops, shrimp, perch, haddock, and walleye for $19 and it was as good as any food I've had in the major cities. Order a bloody mary if you're hungry!

This restaurant is not for those trying to impress the neighbors but is for those looking for great food and a great northern WI atmosphere.

• Visited June 2013

Wausau, Wisconsin
“Out of the Way, but worth the trip!”
Reviewed January 30, 2013

Pagels was recently reviewed by one of the local area food critics as a must try. The place is 15 miles outside of Wausau and most of the trip is on rural roads. The out in the country setting adds to overall experience. We went this past Saturday evening for dinner and the place was packed. They had live entertainment in the bar area and the dining room was hosting an archery club group. We added our name to the wait list and took a table seat next to the bar. They have a full bar and offer a specialty bloody Mary. I observed many of those being served. The have all domestic beer on tap and they offer a special 30 oz size for $ 3.00. They don’t have wine list by the bottle which I found a bit odd considering their menu selection and price level. The menu is broken down by day of the week with each day having a series of specials. We looked through the menu and one in our party wanted a special that was not listed on Saturday. The server said that they will make them if the have the ingredients. Prices for dinner entrees on the Saturday menu were from 9.95 to 19.95, most selections were in the middle of that range. Most in my party opted for ribs and they got high marks. I had a special that included ribs and prime rib. I enjoyed the ribs, prime rib less so but I’m pretty critical when it come to that cut.
All in all a pretty nice place with a big dose of home town charm.

• Visited January 2013