Crest Motel
$80
QualityInn
Best Western The Hotel Chequamegon(Ashland)(Great Value!)
$160
$130
BestWestern.com
$62
$100
$100
$80
Bayview Motel(Ashland)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsroom was cleangreat showercoffee makergreat view of lakeexcellent locationthe wi ficreekmicrowavesunsetbay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 16, 2012

Beautiful view of Lake Superior. Clean rooms. Very friendly and accomodating service. We originally were going to check out on Thursday, but decided to extend our stay a day, then two, then three. The owners were very accomodating during a very busy time for them. They found a way to have us stay three nights longer. We had to move to a different room two times, but they even moved all of our luggage for us on one of the room moves. So, we tried three of their room types. We especially liked room one, but all of the rooms were fine. Great value, compared to the other motels in town. Sit on the benches out front and have a cup of coffee while you relax and view the lake, or a sunset.

Room Tip: Rooms with two beds are larger and more comfortable
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Paul K
Reviewed July 11, 2012

I was tired and didn't want to drive all the way back to Madison so checked into the Crest.
I have stayed there before and knew they had HBO and WIFI. Nice and clean basic room.
The best part is the view of the bay. I had a nice sunset. I think it's a good value and the
bathroom was all updated. Nice bay window with a small couch. Perfect location and
restarurants are nearby. Sure you get some traffic noise but that can be expected when
you are on a highway. I will stay again!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank wesscott
Reviewed June 22, 2012

The room was very clean. Crisp clean linens and the bathroom had been recently updated and was very clean. The price of the room was really good compared to other places in the area. We went to sight see - not spend a fortune on a hotel room. So, this was a very pleasant surprise. We read the other reviews and this is why we chose this hotel. The grounds are beautiful and a nice view of the lake. My only recommendation would be to take your own pillows - the pillows on the bed were not very comfortable.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Joan F
Reviewed June 19, 2012

We would have stayed a second night, but only available room, a suite, was too close to the highway! They have a great front yard for kids to play. Picnic tables meant we didn't have to eat in our room--very nice. Rooms are large. TV is old fashioned, cable is really comprehensive, bed were comfortable. Our room had a small table, and a fridge. The view is what sells it!

Room Tip: Try to get a room away from the highway if you have little ones! Their lot is huge!
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank CelloSam
Reviewed April 2, 2012

I stayed at the Crest for 2 nights with my boyfriend, and you definitely can't beat the value or the view overall. It was clean, but the room was tiny, the fridge was in desperate need of defrosting (the variation in temperature destroyed most of the food I brought), and it did smell a bit manky. The carpets are in desperate need of a shampoo. The pillows were flat pancakes. I asked politely for some extra pillows, and was greeted slightly less graciously then I would've liked. The pillows were delivered, however; but even 2 made no difference in comfort. The bed itself was comfortable though, and the bathroom was quite immaculate. The lighting in the bathroom was hideous though, and they didn't have a mirror anywhere else. Overall for the price it was a decent place to sleep, but I have a few suggestions for thee owners. Please replace your pillows, add a mirror to every room, and alternate lighting in the bathroom would make an immense difference in thee overall comfort and quality of the hotel. Also, I know Ashland can be humid, so please shampoo the carpets and furniture in all the rooms before summer arrives and the humidity reaches a fever pitch. The woman at the desk was slightly less friendly to me than wad curteous, but at least she wasn't overly intrusive.

• Stayed: March 2012