“Loved The View!”
Review of Crest Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ashland
Crest Motel
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Ashland
La Crosse
“Loved The View!”
Reviewed June 19, 2012

We would have stayed a second night, but only available room, a suite, was too close to the highway! They have a great front yard for kids to play. Picnic tables meant we didn't have to eat in our room--very nice. Rooms are large. TV is old fashioned, cable is really comprehensive, bed were comfortable. Our room had a small table, and a fridge. The view is what sells it!

Room Tip: Try to get a room away from the highway if you have little ones! Their lot is huge!
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank CelloSam

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Reviewed April 2, 2012

I stayed at the Crest for 2 nights with my boyfriend, and you definitely can't beat the value or the view overall. It was clean, but the room was tiny, the fridge was in desperate need of defrosting (the variation in temperature destroyed most of the food I brought), and it did smell a bit manky. The carpets are in desperate need of a shampoo. The pillows were flat pancakes. I asked politely for some extra pillows, and was greeted slightly less graciously then I would've liked. The pillows were delivered, however; but even 2 made no difference in comfort. The bed itself was comfortable though, and the bathroom was quite immaculate. The lighting in the bathroom was hideous though, and they didn't have a mirror anywhere else. Overall for the price it was a decent place to sleep, but I have a few suggestions for thee owners. Please replace your pillows, add a mirror to every room, and alternate lighting in the bathroom would make an immense difference in thee overall comfort and quality of the hotel. Also, I know Ashland can be humid, so please shampoo the carpets and furniture in all the rooms before summer arrives and the humidity reaches a fever pitch. The woman at the desk was slightly less friendly to me than wad curteous, but at least she wasn't overly intrusive.

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank evangeline56
Elk Mound, WI
Reviewed September 25, 2011

We book an annual family vacation to Ashland and ALWAYS stay at the Crest. The people who run it are wonderful, the rooms are comfortable & clean, access to the bike trail is great, and the views are simply AMAZING! We wouldn't stay anywhere else!

Room Tip: For slightly larger rooms ask for the newer section.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Webster, WI
Reviewed September 9, 2011

Took my girlfriend on a surprise 50th getaway. no husbands, kids, phones, lol.. I read the reviews and went with the Crest! Want a pleasant surprise! Very, very clean large rooms, the beds were extremly comfortable, OMG did we sleep good... The view of the bay spectacular and the sun sets the best. After driving by some of my other choices to stay, SO glad I went with the Crest Motel.... Planning on returning for the fall colors and will be staying at the Crest Motel... Great value, great view.

Room Tip: You will be happy with this motel!
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank luv4seasons
Pinconning, Michigan
Reviewed September 5, 2011

After visiting the Apostle Islands, we decided to stay in Ashland. On a Sunday night, some of the hotels were surprisingly expensive. We stopped at the Crest Motel, and the prices were more than half of some of the others. The room itself was nice, though nothing spectacular. The wireless Internet did not work particularly well. The real benefit to this hotel is the amazing view of Lake Superior and the bay. For the price, the view is great!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank gittinsj
Oshkosh, Wisconsin
Reviewed July 21, 2011

What a find! My husband and I stayed here based on reviews I read. Even though the motel is on the main highway to Bayfield, it is very quiet at night. The lake view is gorgeous both in the evening for the sunset and in the morning for the sunrise. Enjoying the sunrise with a cup of coffee is priceless in my book. The room was very clean and the bed very comfortable.
We'll definitely stay at the Crest again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank RKLB
Helena, Montana
Reviewed July 3, 2011

Very friendly service and clean rooms! Plenty of hot water and clean towels. Do plan on staying again if I am ever back in town!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank midknightrider
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ashland
Super 8 Ashland
#2 of 2 in Washburn
Old Rittenhouse Inn
Old Rittenhouse Inn
#1 of 15 in Bayfield

Been to Crest Motel? Share your experiences!