“Best choice for value and view!”
Review of Crest Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ashland
Crest Motel
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Ashland
Reviewed September 9, 2011

Took my girlfriend on a surprise 50th getaway. no husbands, kids, phones, lol.. I read the reviews and went with the Crest! Want a pleasant surprise! Very, very clean large rooms, the beds were extremly comfortable, OMG did we sleep good... The view of the bay spectacular and the sun sets the best. After driving by some of my other choices to stay, SO glad I went with the Crest Motel.... Planning on returning for the fall colors and will be staying at the Crest Motel... Great value, great view.

Room Tip: You will be happy with this motel!
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank luv4seasons

Reviewed September 5, 2011

After visiting the Apostle Islands, we decided to stay in Ashland. On a Sunday night, some of the hotels were surprisingly expensive. We stopped at the Crest Motel, and the prices were more than half of some of the others. The room itself was nice, though nothing spectacular. The wireless Internet did not work particularly well. The real benefit to this hotel is the amazing view of Lake Superior and the bay. For the price, the view is great!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank gittinsj
Reviewed July 21, 2011

What a find! My husband and I stayed here based on reviews I read. Even though the motel is on the main highway to Bayfield, it is very quiet at night. The lake view is gorgeous both in the evening for the sunset and in the morning for the sunrise. Enjoying the sunrise with a cup of coffee is priceless in my book. The room was very clean and the bed very comfortable.
We'll definitely stay at the Crest again.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank RKLB
Reviewed July 3, 2011

Very friendly service and clean rooms! Plenty of hot water and clean towels. Do plan on staying again if I am ever back in town!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank midknightrider
Reviewed June 22, 2011

I've stayed here many times when traveling in that area. You can't beat the view. We have always had a perfect stay, clean comfortable rooms, very friendly people, and priced very reasonable. Just love the area with the "Big Lake" at your feet. Can't wait to go back up there!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank WkEndTravlr61
Reviewed June 14, 2011

My mother and I stayed one night and we were pleasantly surprised with the quality of the rooms. First of all, the price is excellent. Second, the rooms were very clean and actually smelled clean!! No smokey smell or anything like that. The couch in the room looked quite new. The rest of the decor/furniture was dated but clean and in good shape. Don't be alarmed by the dog smell in the front office, the rooms are much nicer than that. We also had a great view of Lake Superior which, at $50 per night, you just can't beat!! The wi-fi here is fast and we were even able to stream a movie through Netflix without it stopping to load. Very friendly and helpful staff as well. We will certainly keep this place in mind the next time we roll through. At half the price of the AmericInn, it is SO worth it!!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank EmK87
Reviewed June 12, 2011

the crest is the first place i call when i know I will be staying in ashland. there prices are great and its a family owned buisness so its always nice to keep the money local ;o) and my favorite pizza place is right next door and the view of the lake does not hurt either!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family