“I stopped while passing through.”

Tap Roots Coffee Shop
Ranked #3 of 3 Coffee & Tea in Ashland
Cuisines: Contemporary, Healthy
Good for: Local cuisine, Scenic view
Dining options: Lunch, Outdoor Seating
“I stopped while passing through.”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

This is a great and unique little coffee shop located in the base floor of an arts & crafts style house. Correct me if I'm wrong on labeling the building arts & crafts. Whatever the case, I enjoyed being in the building as much as I enjoyed the coffee and the FANTASTIC peanut butter cookie I had to go with it.

• Visited July 2013

Ashland, Wisconsin
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Local review”
Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

I drink my coffee black and hot nothing fancy so take this for what it's worth. Great place for wifi and comfortable place to be with a nice view. For someone who can not get around very easily this may not be the place for you, the bathroom is on the second floor and no ramps into the building. I like the place and go here often.

Visited June 2013
Chicago
“Nice View”
Reviewed May 14, 2013

Good coffee and friendly service in a very comfortable atmosphere with a beautiful view. Wish there were a few more items as far as crystals for purchase, but otherwise a great place to relax while you drink your coffee or have a snack!

Visited May 2013
Ironwood, Michigan
“A coffee shop with a fire place and books!”
Reviewed May 11, 2013

great coffee and sweets! loved the atmosphere and we're looking forward to stopping by soon! toured inside to see it looked early twentieth century by the architecture.

Visited June 2012
Waupaca, Wisconsin
“Coffee? Tea? Relaxation?”
Reviewed April 25, 2013

I ambled into this coffee house, one of two in the area, and asked the young man behind the counter to wash out my coffee mug and serve me up the best cup of Joe he could muster. He did. It was good.

OK. So much for the coffee.

This place has a nice collection of real wooden tables of varying sizes and plenty of real wooden chairs. Plenty of room for everyone. They even have a couch, a divan and a comfy chair for those who eschew real wood. They have a Wifi with a pass code posted on the wall so you don't have to ask to get your personal communication device to play with you. They have a few baubles here and there for the gift shop crowd. They even have a great view of the Bay!

What they do not have is a bunch of quiet technophiles staring into their laptops and hushing anyone who speaks (as many a Starbucks has birthed). In fact, the morning I was there, a small group of 60ish women came in, took over the center of the place and began hurling bawdy diatribes at each other. I had to stop myself from spitting coffee across the room from laughter.

Perhaps the best thing you can say about Tap Roots is... it's comfortable, convenient, well located and has a working espresso machine. If that's not enough then how about this? It's four hours from the nearest Starbucks?

• Visited April 2013