“Beyond expectations!”
Review of AmericInn Ashland

AmericInn Ashland
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Ashland
Reviewed May 7, 2014

We were in Ashland Wisconsin for a wedding reception that was being held at the conference center in this hotel, as it was very convenient because the wedding couple had reserved a block of rooms for their out of town guest. After booking the room I read a few of the reviews and I was somewhat apprehensive as to what we would find when we arrived. As we arrived I thought "oh boy", as the curb appeal left something to be desired; and where in the world is the main entrance and office? Once we got inside (rather dark and gloomy), we found a receptionist that was VERY WELCOMING, FRIENDLY and well versed in her job responsibilities; (I only wish that I would have paid more attention to her name so that she would get the credit due her.)
Our room (#139) was close to the conference center and a long ways from the water park. Maybe it was the time of year when there weren't many children enjoying the facilities with their parents because we found it to be very quiet throughout the evening and night. We are both very light sleepers and and don't normally get a good night sleep in a motel; but that was not the case here, we awoke well rested.
We found the rooms clean, and the beds very comfortable, overall we were very pleased with our room and the facilities.
Breakfast in a motel is just that; a breakfast . . .it fills the cavity and gets you on your way . . but I did enjoy the sausages patties and my wife really liked the waffles . . . .so yes, it was good!
Overall, a good experience, and the wedding reception was a blast, and the food was excellent. Would we stay here again? You betcha we would! It was more than we expected!

Room Tip: Rooms 139 and above are down and away from the water park area. I think you would find them quieter...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Bob R
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at AmericInn Ashland, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2014

Dear Bob R,

Thank you for taking the time to write and submit your detailed review of our hotel. It is our goal to provide our guests with the utmost in service, comfort, cleanliness, value and facilities, and I am glad we exceeded your expectations. We really appreciate your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back on a future visit.

Reviewed April 28, 2014

Not very clean, some bad design flaws, stale pastries, and a rude lifeguard didn't make it the best night away,. The location is gorgeous though and we enjoyed the pool. The price was great because we got a fisherman's rate and it was Bay Area appreciation. It was a nice night away, but we expected

1  Thank Stephanie C
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at AmericInn Ashland, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2014

Dear Stephanie C,

I am very sorry you were disappointed with us during your recent stay and offer my sincere apologies for any discomfort or poor service you experienced. We want to deliver the best in service, accommodations, facilities and amenities to all our guests and take it very seriously when we fail. We'd like to learn more details and hope you will contact me via kenjacobs@zmchotels.com at your convenience so we can discuss this personally. I hope you will give us the chance to make amends and regain your trust.

Reviewed April 26, 2014

My husband and I were in town w/our 4 kids and we all had a BLAST. I'm in my 40's, husband is in his 50's and we both went down the big water slide --- we haven't laughed that hard in a long time. The beds were very comfortable, the breakfast was TERRIFIC, all the staff was friendly and helpful and the lake views were gorgeous. We can't wait to go back to Ashland and stay at this hotel again.

3  Thank Wendy M
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at AmericInn Ashland, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2014

Dear Wendy M,

I'm so glad you and your family had a good time here and really appreciate that you took the time to write and post your review. We value your feedback and your business and hope we can serve you here again.

Reviewed April 24, 2014

This hotel has nice location on lake superior. Pool area especially nice for young children. Breakfasts satisfactory and pretty much standard fare. Rooms were clean and bed comfortable. Ample parking. Personnel very friendly and helpful. Have stayed there several times and will continue to do so.

1  Thank Ray S

Dear ROSOKC,

Thanks for your many visits and for posting your nice review regarding our hotel and the amenities you enjoyed while staying here. It is always our pleasure to receive guest feedback especially when it is as positive as yours. We look forward to and welcome the opportunity to serve you again.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

The hotel changed my reservation 4 times and then was rude when I was trying to figure out why they did this and explain I should not have to pay any room upgrades when I didn't initiate the room changes in the first place

1  Thank Kayli W
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at AmericInn Ashland, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2014

Dear Kayli W,

I am so sorry for the frustration you experienced due the reservation and room change issues on your recent stay, and hope you will accept my sincere apologies. We are currently undergoing a significant renovation and we occasionally are unable to fulfill all reservation requests due to rooms being out of order and other similar reasons. Please contact me via kenjacobs@zmchotels.com so we can make this right for you. I hope you will give us the opportunity to continue this conversation personally and regain your confidence.

Reviewed April 6, 2014

This hotel has a pool, 2 waterslides, a children's pool and a hot-tub. It is priced well and has friendly employees! It is great for any family! It is next to Lake Superior and has a nice view of the Lake.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank David R
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at AmericInn Ashland, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2014

Dear David R,

Thanks for posting your nice review about your recent stay with us. I'm glad you and your family enjoyed your time here and that you found us to be a good value. We appreciate your compliments and hope we can serve you here again soon.

Reviewed March 25, 2014

My family and I came and stayed in Ashland last year and did the polar plunge at the Armenian inn. We had a great time we came back this year to do again. We also came in November of 2013 that stay was also nice. My family like the water park. The water park is very clean most of the staff is nice their was one lifeguard that was rude in November but on our last trip we did not see her. Over all we are very happy at the American inn in Ashland. We would like to try it in the summer some time.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Chad B
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at AmericInn Ashland, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2014

Dear Chad B,

Thanks for coming back to stay with us again, and for taking the time to write and post your comments. I'm glad you know you can count on us for the best in service, facilities and accommodations. We value your business and your feedback, and since there are always wonderful things to do here, regardless of the season, we look forward to welcoming you and your family back and serving you here again.

Guest Relations Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ashland
Quality Inn Ashland
Old Rittenhouse Inn
Old Rittenhouse Inn
#2 of 16 in Bayfield
Lucy's Place Bed and Breakfast

Been to AmericInn Ashland? Share your experiences!