AmericInn Ashland
$125
$108
Bayview Motel(Ashland)
TripAdvisor
All reviewspaddle boatswater slidespool arealawn gameswafflesindoor waterparkbug spraylake superiorprivate beachhot tuboutdoor activitiesbreakfast areafire pitgreat place to stayview of the lakebiscuits and gravyfree breakfast
Reviewed February 18, 2014 via mobile

Very courteous front desk personnel. There were 4 adults in our party. The room was spacious with 2 queen beds & a couch. Beds were very comfortable, room was clean. Had both a small frig & microwave, large closet. There was a large swim area with slides for kids(& adults) a hot tub & sauna. The breakfast was great with many chices including eggs, sausages & waffles. We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: February 2014
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at AmericInn Ashland, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2014

Dear fbce,

Thank you for staying with us and posting your great review.We work hard to make sure every guest is happy here and it is always gratifying to receive positive guest feedback.. We value your business and recommendation and look forward to serving you here again.

Reviewed February 15, 2014

We did a road trip up to see the ice caves and decided to stay here. Being that I had worked for a Americinn inn the past I knew that they would have great rooms. When we called we were on the road up to you we talked to (Vienne? I think thats how you spell it) she was super friendly. Only thing I did not like and found this also when I worked for the company is that the speil you have to do sounds so fake! Once I started talking to her she let that go and wham, I felt right at hom with her it did not seem awkward. We were surprised at check in that we received a free large pizza with one topping (good only for one night) was nice we did not have to go out to find something to eat. Room was clean as was the whole hotel, front desk was clean, even the maid carts looked good! (I am a manager at a resort in Door County). Let's just say we will be back and tell others about this place.

Room Tip: take 2nd floor no above noise
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at AmericInn Ashland, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2014

Dear shoresatwestwood,

Thank you very much for returning to your AmericInn roots and for posting your excellent comments and 5 star rating. Its guests like you who make our jobs of providing the highest standards of cleanliness, service and facilities very rewarding. We are very proud of our people and operations and we know how hard it is to impress a fellow hospitality professional so we really appreciate your recognition of jobs well done by our team. Venise is terrific and I'll be sure she receives the rewards due her for being mentioned here by you. We look forward to welcoming you back and thanking you in person the next time you are here.

Reviewed February 14, 2014

Clean (#1 for me), comfortable room with jacuzzi; right on Lake Superior. Included with our stay was a pizza and two cocktails. When we checked in, the nice lady gave me a box of chocolates when she discovered it was my birthday. We found the staff to be helpful and friendly. Nice breakfast. Kids would like the pool area- it had a pirate theme. We didn't use the pool, as we had the privacy of the jacuzzi in our room.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites

Dear Stuart G,

Thank for making your very first TA review about your recent stay with us, and Happy Belated Birthday! We are happy to provide excellent service and accommodations at a reasonable price and pleased to know you found us to be a good value. I hope you will let us serve you here again. We appreciate your recommendation, and look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed February 10, 2014

Very enjoyable stay at this hotel on a busy weekend. Hotel was very accommodating for my dogs - loved the end rooms and door that led directly outside with the lake view. Did not appreciate other people who did not clean up after their dogs though! Overall hotel was clean, and staff was helpful and very friendly, and we had a very comfortable room. Pool and hot tub were very crowded, but it was a very busy Saturday night. Breakfast was good, but seating area is too small. Booked our rooms under a package deal and it was very reasonably priced and loved the free pizza that was included!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at AmericInn Ashland, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2014

Dear Karen P,

Thanks for staying with us and posting your nice review. We love it when our guests bring their four legged furry family members with them to our hotel, and are glad to hear you were happy with the accommodations we provided for you. I'm sorry about the mess left by others and will remind our team to keep that area clean as well. I hope we can serve you here again.

Reviewed February 8, 2014

We stayed at this property during our recent snowmobile trip to the area..... I'm not familiar with the AmericInn chain, but my buddy was, plus i saw the overwhelmingly positive TA reviews... Yet, it still exceeded our expectations. Upon arrival, after a FREEZING cold ride from Minoqua, the staff at the front desk was friendly. The lobby was great---a kinda rustic atmosphere complete with fire place, HD TV and cozy chairs and sofa.... We got a double queen room---it was very spacious, which was great considering we had our gear with us, the bathroom was nice and it had a fridge and microwave. The large HD TV was great too. Our room faced Lake Superior, which looked pretty cool since it was completely ice-covered for as far as the eye could see! I would imagine it's a beautiful view in the summer time.

The pool area was definitely above average for a chain motel----pool, hot tub, sauna, mini waterpark and a food bar.... In fact, next time i'm in the area with my family, i'll definitely consider staying here as my 2 small boys will love the water park.....

The breakfast, on the other hand, was above average, but not spectacular. I would have liked to have seen more protein options... Considering the fairly large size of this motel, the seating area was way too small, IMO. But from what i could tell, you could sit outside during the warm months, but that's definitely not an option in winter! Also, while it's kinda nice for some to have hot chocolate or cider in the morning, i think it would be put to better use in the lobby with the coffee that's already there... I can attest, after that FREEZING cold ride, a cup of hot cacao would have gone down really good!

Another minor complaint is while overall, our room (and the property in general) appeared very clean, i think the cleaning crew could do a bit better job at cleaning the shower stall.... It's not a huge deal for me, but it can be for some......

And finally, location---it overlooks Lake Superior, which is great, plus, i was told there's a sandy beach below the bluff.... But the reality is, it's across US-2 from an industrial park, so if you have a south facing room, your view will not be great.....

So, with all that said, part of me wants to give the Ashland AmericInn a 5 since it went above my expectations, but i feel there's room for improvement, especially in the catering department, so i went with a 4..... But all in all, i recommend staying at the AmericInn at Ashland, WI, especially if you have young kids.

Room Tip: North facing rooms overlook Lake Superior, south facing rooms face an industrial park and the hotel parking lot.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at AmericInn Ashland, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2014

Dear Strange Tripper,

Thanks for taking the time to write and post your detailed review of our hotel. I'm sorry our housekeeping department fell short in cleaning your shower and offer my apologies. I will certainly review the proper procedures with them so this does not continue or recur. I like your suggestion about a nice hot beverage and will bring that up in our next management meeting. I'm glad we exceeded your expectations in many areas and look forward to welcoming you aback when you bring your sons to stay with us.