“We had an awesome time and will go back!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of AmericInn Ashland

AmericInn Ashland
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Ashland
Rockford, Minnesota
“We had an awesome time and will go back!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2011

The Americinn Hotel & Suites in Ashland, Wisconsin was a suprising, fun filled time. The hotel has a great waterpark and had a back patio with free games, smores and music in the evening. The view of Lake Superior was beautiful.There was free paddle boats and bikes to enjoy.There was even a little pirate cove beach.
I felt it was such a great value for the money and the service was great!
I would go back next time we are up in that area.

1 Thank familyfun2418
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at AmericInn Ashland, responded to this review, August 18, 2011
Thanks so much for posting your awesome review. I'm glad you were pleasantly surprised by what you found here. Please let us know when you plan on coming back so we can welcome you in person.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011

I loved staying here. Even though I came by myself, I was impressed with all the family-friendly touches at every turn: pirate-themed signs, croquet wickets set up and ready to play out by the lake, fishing gear and paddleboats provided, s'mores every evening, etc. It gave the clear sense that someone creative and imaginative is in charge. The room was clean and very quiet, as advertised; breakfast was great; and the lake-front patio area is just beautiful. i sat out for hours and reveled in the sun and the lake. They even provide sunscreen and bug spray on every table outdoors -- I'm telling you, they've thought of every detail at this place. Guest laundry was a helpful additional feature.

Room Tip: ask for lake-facing room
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank ldahill
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at AmericInn Ashland, responded to this review, August 7, 2011
I'm so glad you enjoyed yourself here - thanks for sharing your comments. As much as I'd like to say that I am the "someone creative", I cannot tell a lie - EVERYONE here contributes creativly and everyone gets the benefits. We hope you will stay with us again the next time you need a little "get away to the lake" time.
Duluth, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2011

We booked our suite online but when we got there, they had no record of our reservation. Thankfully, I had our confirmation number. They found us a smaller room ("the last room") and gave us a discount and a $10 voucher, but when we got to that room it smelled too strongly of cigarette smoke, even though the room said it was non-smoking. When I told them we couldn't stay in that room, they eventually found us another room and gave us a free pizza coupon. In our final room, I found a hair on my pillowcase but was tired of complaining, so did not request a bedding change. It's not the cleanest or nicest hotel I've ever been in, but the kids loved the waterpark, which was the only reason we stayed there.

Room Tip: Keep your confirmation number!
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at AmericInn Ashland, responded to this review, August 2, 2011
Thanks for sharing your experience. Guest comments like yours are used in training and discussions so we can improve our hotel and service. I am terribly sorry for the problems you encountered here, and understand your frustration with us. If you would like to discuss this further, please feel free to contact me directly. I hope you will consider giving us another chance to earn your respect and business the next time you are in our area.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

We came here to visit family in Ashland...the plan was to spend the night and then drive down to Wisconsin Dells for a few days. There is so much to do here! Out behind the hotel they have ladder ball, monster checkers, fishing, campfire with smores every night, croquet, swimming, paddle boats, a patio for just sitting and enjoying the ambiance. The sunsets from their patio are totally awesome. they have bicycles you can use and a basketball hoop. They have a nice video game arcade. The breakfast buffet was ok...if your trying to save money, its included and it's acceptable...I would suggest the Breakers restaurant just down the street....cheap and excellent. Also if you need dinner...try a place called Frankie's pizza. try the stuffed crust pizza. Incredible! They have onsite coin-op washer and dryer. They sell bait (nightcrawlers) at the service desk. There's a walmart less than a mile away. there's also a casino less than 10 miles away. I thought their nightly rate (AAA rate) was fantastic for all the ameniities...This is as close to a resort hotel as it gets. We ended up staying 4 nights, and plan to return next year. very well managed, excellent value, fun hotel... I might add that im rather particular about the beds...their was top notch newer bedding very comfortable.

• 5 of 5 stars
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at AmericInn Ashland, responded to this review, July 30, 2011
Thank you so very much for staying with us and for posting your awesome review! We want every guest to have a terrific and memorable time while here, and it is really nice to get feedback like yours. I’m thrilled to hear you will be back, please let me know when so we can welcome you in person.
WI
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2011

At the last minute my family and I decided to go to Bayfield for the weekend. All the B & B s were booked and so were the hotels in Bayfield. So...I looked and found AmericInn in Ashland. No poor ratings. So I gave a try. And I was not disappointed. If you need a place to sleep and shower. It fits the bill very well. Also if you have younger kids, they have a great indoor pool with slide. Sauna and hot tubs for adults. They do provide what they call breakfast, but not much there. We went down the street to a restaurant for breakfast.

Room Tip: Our room had a balcony facing the lake. Nice view.
    • 4 of 5 stars
Thanks for choosing us as your hotel, and for taking the time to post your review. I’m glad you and your family enjoyed yourselves while here and hope you will chose us again the next time you visit our area.
Hancock
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2011

After reading reviews that the on-site water park was shabby, I wasn't planning to stay at this property. I was traveling with my husband and kids in a very busy tourism area, however, and we decided to start our drive back to Michigan from Duluth without making reservations. Thinking we'd just "wing it" and try for a room along the way. After ALL of the small towns we stopped in had completely booked hotels, we were feeling pretty stuck by the time we arrived in Ashland. It was late and kids were crabby. We stopped at this hotel and though it was very busy, they had a vacancy!

We were very impressed with the friendliness of the front desk staff (even though they were swamped). The property isn't the newest in terms of decor, but appeared very well taken care of and clean. The lobby had a social feel and snacks-drinks were for sale in the lobby and view of water park through the window. Our room was very spacious and clean. Beds comfortable. Breakfast area was very comfortable and lots of good choices--waffles were great! The water park is small, but my kids had a good time. There was a lifeguard on duty. I would definitely stay here again.

• 5 of 5 stars
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at AmericInn Ashland, responded to this review, July 25, 2011
Thanks for giving us a chance, and for writing about your experience here. We’re very pleased to hear we exceeded your expectations and that you were happy with the service and accommodations we provided. We look forward to seeing you here again, the next time you are in the area or just passing through.
Bayfield, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2011

We reserved a room @ this hotel when re travelled to N. WI & UP recently. We come to the region every year & love it, but the hotels are always lacking. There isn't much competition (or demand?) for anything above a two star hotel. This wouldn't normally be a problem for us, but up north, with possibly awful, or equally possible gorgeous weather, it is always good to have an alternative, indoor plan.
Allow me to be clear: this IS a 2 star hotel from the point of view of the room. It is basic, yet large, unattractive & basically clean. So, if you are a couple or solo traveller, this hotel is overpriced for you. The excellent part is that it offers so many fun extras for the kids. The water park has 3 pools, two slides...etc. There is the free breakfast half of America seems to love, but that we usually ignore. They do have the WAFFLE machines here...better than the prepackaged donuts & stale tea (you'd think breakfast specials down the road weren't $4.99!).
They also have s'mores during the evening in the back & the view in the back is the best we've ever seen from this category of hotel. Lake Superior is so beautiful! There was a young employee out back strumming guitar & singing campfire type songs. There is also a dock & grassy hill area that leads to a little beach. Very cool.
We declare this hotel the best for families in the lake superior area & will probably return next summer.

Room Tip: Get the lakeview!
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
Thanks for sharing your comments about your stay here. You are right about the weather here –could be great or not so, and you are smart to have the backup, indoor plan, just in case. And even though our area is another South Beach, we prefer the name South Shore, as we are not trying to be anything glitzy or fast paced. We are glad you and your family were able to enjoy yourselves during your stay with us and hope you will keep us in mind for another rainy (or snowy!) day.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ashland
BEST WESTERN The Hotel Chequamegon
Old Rittenhouse Inn
Old Rittenhouse Inn
#1 of 15 in Bayfield
4.5 of 5 stars 371 reviews

Been to AmericInn Ashland? Share your experiences!