“Fun restaurant with history”
Review of Deep Water Grill

Deep Water Grill
Ranked #2 of 46 Restaurants in Ashland
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed September 4, 2012

I've been to the Deep Water several times over the years and figure I should start telling people about it. Traditional fare with a creative twist in the Deep Water. Adjoining is The Alley, with a traditional bar area that then leads into the Alley, which is known for its pizzas. Both sides offer food for a reasonable price and the atmosphere & decor of both restaurants shares the history of the Ashland and Great Lakes area.
Stop in.....and if you are eating at the Deep Water...don't miss the hot lava cake.

Reviewed September 3, 2012

Saw the restaurant recommended on TripAdvisor, so we gave it a try. Very busy, but we were seated quickly. Nice selection of beer, and very competent, helpful staff. One of our entrees was the prime rib special - that was good and the mixed vegetables were excellent. I had the whitefish sandwich with a salad.(Homemade french poppyseed dressing). Big serving on the fish - and very good. We would go back.

Reviewed September 2, 2012

I went alone and they removed my folk during the appetizer. Twenty minutes later the waiter came, left the main plate quickly and did not allowed me to say a word. A few days later, I came back in a group and the service was better, of course not on the mezzanine – Best: El Cancun Mexican Restaurant, better: Golden Glow Cafe.

1  Thank Ed1956
Reviewed August 30, 2012

We stopped by for a late lunch and were not disappointed at all. Great food (my waitress had them redo my sandwich for me and it was tasty) afraid great beer. The interior of this place is stunning. We will be back for supper.

Reviewed August 28, 2012

Wonderful food - scrumptious - especially the prime rib. Great old building with furnishings that take you back in time. Service was excellent. Will definitely on our list of favorite places to eat as we visit Lake Superior.

1  Thank Carol H