Best Western The Hotel Chequamegon
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Ashland
Reviewed September 27, 2013

We came up to visit the area where we met and during our last night, early, we had a family emergency and left right away. When I checked out I was told we would be charged for that night. I said OK and we went home. Looking at the bill I noticed we weren't charge for that night. Thanks! The downside was they didn't have a military discount and the bed had crumbs or something like that on the sheets by the pillows

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
HotelChequamegonGM, General Manager at Best Western The Hotel Chequamegon, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2013

We do really do understand when traveler's plans change and we want to make sure we can accommodate reasonable changes. I am so pleased that all your travel plans worked out and please do keep us in mind for future visits.

Reviewed September 27, 2013

We have gone to the Best Western Hotel in Ashland Wi for the past 12 years for relaxation. We will be back next year during the summer as we use the Hotel as our home base from which we travel out each day to do something fun.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

I am so happy that you had another wonderful experience with Hotel Chequamegon. I am so excited that we have made great changes for your family during the last 12 years! I want to be the first to WELCOME you back in 2014!

Reviewed September 23, 2013

Spent one night here for business in the Ashland/Bayfield area after doing business in Hayward, WI. This hotel was within walking distance to good food and Walgreens (to nurse my new cold); the view of the lake is impressive and the trail perfect for a morning jog! very relaxing and fitting to recharge for another bout of business meetings!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
HotelChequamegonGM, General Manager at Best Western The Hotel Chequamegon, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2013

I'm so sorry to hear that you did feel well during your stay! Summer colds are the worst! I agree with you the 10 mile walking trail that is right out our back door is perfect for walking, jogging or biking. Many of our guests use there stay as an opportunity to enjoy the perfect Lake Superior! Keep us in mind in your future travel plans!

Reviewed September 21, 2013

Breathtaking hotel inside and out and a beautiful view of Lake Superior with nice decks to sit outside to eat/drink/relax. The rooms were outstanding in cleanliness, quietness and comfortable. You got more then a continental breakfast and it was free - everything was top notch!

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you so much in noticing all the wonderful things we do here at the property. Our housekeeping staff has actually been recognized by Best Western for exceptional performance and their dedication to our Hotel clearly shines. Please come back to visit us again real soon!

Reviewed September 18, 2013

We stayed here the weekend after Labor Day. The place is really beautiful and the view from our jacuzzi lake view room was outstanding. We decided to eat lunch out on the deck for the view and found the food to be as good as the view. They were really busy and our food came out hot and within a reasonable time. Excellent whitefish sandwich!

We were in town for our son's wedding and asked the hotel for some refrigeration space for a few hours. The chef could not have been more accommodating. He moved stuff around with a smile on his face to help us out. The bartender was also very friendly and kind Saturday night after the wedding.

I know this hotel use to provide s'mores on the waterfront in the evenings and I wish they still had that. The complimentary breakfast had lots of variety hot and cold....no need to go elsewhere.

I have always wanted to stay at this hotel and hope to be back someday.

Room Tip: Pay extra for lakeside
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank WaldonAce

I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us during Labor Day weekend and that we were able to accommodate your special needs. As you know Hotel Chequamegon strives to make each guest's experience memorable and thank you so much for staying with us.

Reviewed September 18, 2013

The location is good but the place is average. Needs updating. The beds are comfortable, bathrooms small with old fixtures. Linen is adequate. The bar is okay mostly because it is handy. The hot tub was broken (?) The TV Remote was partially functional. I would go back but not without researching my options.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

I apologize for not meeting your expectations. The property was completely renovated in 2012, however since we have had such high usage; I'm sure we are starting to show signs of wear and tear. Yes the furnace on the hot tub did go out and we have purchased a new one. I am happy to report that it has been operational for the past week! I do invite you back to the property of another stay in the future.

Reviewed September 14, 2013

Nice enough hotel, but our experience was not enjoyable. First, lounge was suppose to stay open until midnight, but closed at 11:30 (with customers in it.) Later, despite several customer complaints, the hotel allow excessive noise out on the patio until 4:00 AM. We had to close our windows and still got a miserable nights sleep. Hotel needs to respond better to customer concerns. A hotel room you can't sleep in is worth $0!

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
HotelChequamegonGM, General Manager at Best Western The Hotel Chequamegon, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2013

I am sorry to hear that our bar closed early. I can assure you that I am working with the staff to correct this issue immediately. Other hotel guests can also be like having a real bad neighbor; sadly there is no winning. As I mentioned before I do invite you back at a discounted rate, so you can give us another try!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ashland
Quality Inn Ashland
#2 of 16 in Bayfield
Second Wind Country Inn
Second Wind Country Inn
#1 of 4 in Ashland

Been to Best Western The Hotel Chequamegon? Share your experiences!