Best Western The Hotel Chequamegon
$130
$140
$103
Bayview Motel(Ashland)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsbeautiful hotelmolly coopersbest westernsold world charmlake superiorthe lower levelwalking pathpancakeslake viewan older hotelsitting roomchequamegon baycomplimentary breakfastwonderful viewwhitefishnorthern wisconsinapostle islands
Reviewed September 13, 2013

Beauty hotel in a beautiful place on Lake Superior! Quiet, excellent service and amenities. The staff is friendly, and go out of their way to assist in any way. Rooms are beautiful. Restaurant is great.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
HotelChequamegonGM, General Manager at Best Western The Hotel Chequamegon, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2013

Thank you for staying with us! Each department works very hard to create an enjoyable stay for each of our guests. I invite you to come back to visit us again real soon! Or if you missed your opportunity to become a Best Western Reward member this is your chance! You can gain points to use toward a FREE night stay with us!

Reviewed September 11, 2013

I wish I would have read reviews before paying $189 per night. The room was small and cramped with a loud air conditioner. There was a mustiness smell about the hotel. Staff were inattentive and seemingly disinterested in guests. Had a nice view of the lake but the windows in the room were quite small. Would not stay here again. Definitely not worthy of price paid!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Loree200

I am sorry that you didn't enjoy your stay with us. Individual A/C and heat units are added to each room as an added value to guests so they are better able to control room temperatures. We also realize that our property isn't a good fit for each guest. This is why we offer many room types at different rates. Please do keep in mind that since our property is in such a seasonal location rates do vary during different times of the year.

Reviewed September 11, 2013

We stayed at this hotel at the recommendation of someone who previously lived in the community. The hotel is old but well kept with modern facilities. We had a lakeside room that was spacious and comfortable. The service in the lounge and restaurant was excellent and the food was quite good. The bartender went out of his way to assure that my drink was made the way I wanted it.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Well it sounds like you had a great staff from top to bottom! It is always nice to hear that a guest enjoyed their entire stay including Molly Cooper's located in our lower level. What a wonderful spot to dine overlooking Lake Superior! Please keep us in mind for your future visits to Ashland and have many safe travels.

Reviewed September 9, 2013

Hot tub was not working and when I inquired I was told quote " Maintenance guy was a slacker". For $181.00 and some change a night this is way over priced with employees needing customer service training.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

I apologize that your stay didn't meet your expectations. Unfortunately there are some maintenance issues we cannot prevent. The heater just simply went out on the spa and a new one was ordered immediately. I am shocked further that my staff doesn't have enough tack to ignore employee issues and to focus on the guest's needs. As I mentioned in the other survey you completed I do invite you to come back to the property as a reduced rate; so this time you won't pass on the jacuzzi suite.

Reviewed September 9, 2013

We stopped by just to visit this hotel on our honeymoon travels 25 years ago, and came back to stay for our 25th anniversary. Wonderful experience! Staff and accommodations were outstanding! Very memorable experience.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

I am so excited that you had such a wonderful time 25 years ago; to come back to visit us again is quite the compliment. The property was completely remodeled last year and we are constantly working on improving our services further. I invite you to come back to see us again real soon. Why wait another 25 years?