See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed August 5, 2018 via mobile

I stayed at the hotel for three days and had a really nice stay. I stayed in Room 1017 on the back side of the hotel (away from the Main Street) and found it be clean, comfortable and inviting. I had a King bed that was comfortable but the room isn’t huge, which was fine for me, since I only slept here after three busy days. We had a rainstorm one night and lost power for 15 seconds but the hotel has a generator, so we stayed comfortable.

The hotel serves a simple but nice breakfast and has a good restaurant. The hotel has a decent exercise room that was very clean and modestly appointed, where I was able to get my cardio done during my stay. I want to give a shout out to Charles at the front desk who remembered me during my stay and was a fluent English speaker. We shared a common experience since I live in North NJ and he lived in the Lehigh Valley, PA. He was very engaging but all of the staff was very friendly. I plan on staying at the hotel the next time I am visiting Belo Horizonte, MG.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed September 6, 2017

This hotel has a convenient location: close to a local airport (Pampulha airport); Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais and Mineirão (soccer stadium). There is public transportation just across the street. My apartment was facing the back of the hotel, not Ave. Antonio Carlos, which has a lot of traffic and noise. Breakfast is good and plenty, nothing special. Front desk could be better.

Room tip: Ask for a room facing the back side of the hotel.
Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
GGERAL_QPLU, Gerente geral at Quality Hotel Pampulha, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2018

Dear Mr. Wamberto, good afternoon!

Thank you for choosing Quality Hotel Pampulha for your stay in Belo Horizonte!

We truly appreciate your valuable time spent evaluating our services and facilities. We will consider your observations/suggestions to improve our processes and routines at the hotel.

Receive our warmest regards and hope to see you back soon!

Yours sincerely,
Márcio Mól
General Manager - Quality Hotel Pampulha

Reviewed February 20, 2017 via mobile

As an American in Brazil, this hotel feels like a solid 4 star location in the states... Great service, amazing breakfast included research morning and great wifi compared to most pousadas we have stayed at during this trip. Thanks quality!!

Date of stay: February 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
GGERAL_QPLU, General Manager at Quality Hotel Pampulha, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2017

Dear Ms Eliza,
I appreciate the time that you took to let us know how much we are meeting your expectations.

We are really glad to see that our work is recognized in a positive way and has been recommended in a very important social media like this. This is one of our goals.

Thank you for sharing your experience at Quality Pampulha!
Respectfully,
Roberto Inglez

Reviewed December 15, 2016

We´ve stayed in this hotel during one event on November 2016. The hotel is well located, nearby parks and a local airport. It has easy access to the city center and is about 15-20min far from the most busy bars and restaurant region. You can easily go by taxi or Uber. The hotel handles business events very well, with good rooms and very good structure - toilet, restaurant, tables and chairs.
The room was nicely clean, with enough space and very silent. The bed was very comfortable and the shower, excelent! The restaurant offers tasty plates and the bar offers a good variety of drinks. The wifi works pretty well around the whole hotel.
I highly recommend this hotel for leisure or business.

Date of stay: November 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
GGERAL_QPLU, General Manager at Quality Hotel Pampulha, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2016

Dear Mr Arthur,

Thank you for sharing your experience at Quality Pampulha.

Respectfully,
Roberto Inglez

Reviewed December 3, 2016

I find the advisor ratings for this hotel to be severely inflated. This is at best an average hotel and there is nothing special about it. Let's start with the upside: the staff is friendly and the bed is good (hard mattress). Other than that this is a simple family hotel with design flaws in the bathroom; plus rooms that are slightly too small. The internet signal is weak at times and you have to go to the correct corner of your room to get it right. The breakfast is really not great even though this should be so easy to repair; most of the time I went there at around 6:30/7AM but if you come later during the 'rush hour' then it can be so crowded that it is hard to even get to the buffet table where all the food is located. The elevators give a somewhat cold and dirty impression because of the aluminum and dirty windows which are in dire need of a wash. The location of the hotel is in the middle of nowhere, with no bars or restaurants or anything else in sight; although it is adjacent to a main street which makes for quite some noise. Also some bad experience with the food: on the first day lunch the meat that I got served had an extremely strange smelly/taste and I severely suspect that it was too old and had gone bad yet still got cooked and served. In subsequent days I therefore tried the pizza, pasta and the fish which were in fact ok. All in all I see no reason to recommend this place, unless you really need to be in this neighbourhood in which case it is more or less the only choice.

Room tip: front side has noise from main street
Date of stay: November 2016