See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed April 15, 2016 via mobile

What I realise about BH (after several years of coming here) is that the better hotels are away from the city centre. This one is near to Pampulha airport and is actually a quite modern professional hotel. The rooms are clean and the service was professional and efficient. The pool could have fine with being heated as it's in shade most of the day but this was my only quibble as myself and my family enjoyed our stay.

Date of stay: April 2016
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed April 18, 2015 via mobile

Stayed here in 2012 and 2015 and noticed an improvement in the staff, more helpful and more staff was speaking English. The room has a very international flair and is kept very clean. The restaurant has a standard dinner menu while the breakfast is outstanding, with lots of fruits and a good selection of standard items.

I like the fact that the hotel is close, walking distance, to the university (UFMG). I will definitely stay here again.

Date of stay: April 2015
Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank Lutz K
Allia H, Gerente at Bristol Jaragua Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2015

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We hope you will spend quality time with them again. Look forward to welcoming you here.

Best Regards
Alexandre Ayres Borges - General Manager Bristol Jaraguá Hotel

Reviewed September 24, 2014

New hotel (maybe 2 years old). Attractively decorated, and very clean. Very good breakfast and overall very good service, from everyone from the font desk to the waiters in the restaurant. Good wi-fi (except for my comment below)

The restaurant is very good. Great selection and I haven't made a bad choice yet open relatively late.

Good cable TV with both CNN and BBC, plus several Brazilian stations showed English-language movies with sub-titles.

Located close to the UFMG (university)

Only very slight negatives - it was difficult to end up getting functioning passwords for two devices. And not all he front desk staff spoke English ( but always tried to be helpful and always friendly)

Room tip: Rooms facing the university may be a little quieter.
Date of stay: September 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Spent a week at the hotel.

Pluses: relatively new, so fresh and clean. Good included breakfast. Location close to the World Cup soccer stadium and the university (UFMG). There is a convenience store opposite and full grocery,and post office a few blocks away. Front desk people were helpful although some had little English

Minuses: perhaps not the highest quality construction as a few things were already looking worn - such as the mirror in my bathroom which a lots of the mirror flaking off and rather poor soundproofing between rooms and to the outside

Also, look for discount rates - the posted rate at the hotel is ridiculously high. Perhaps they are just getting ready for the World Cup games in Belo

Room tip: Biggest complaint was every neighbor of the hotel had multiple dogs, which all barked in unison during the night. The windows provided no soundproofing at all. Next time I would choose a lower floor room (neighbors had high concrete/block fences, which forced sound upward) and preferably one facing the university (higher numbered rooms, such as 207-211, x07-x11, might be good choice. Definitely forgo the view for a quiet room
Date of stay: November 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank SEMOreviewer
Reviewed November 8, 2013 via mobile

On a business trip round Brazil, which involved staying in four different hotels, despite being the most expensive, this was easily the worst. My party booked in for two nights and upon arrival no rooms were available, they had clearly let them go as we arrived late evening, so we had to stay elsewhere. When we returned for the second night I found my bedding to be stained and the staff to be very unhelpful; when I asked to borrow an iron, they insisted that it is a law in Brazil that ironing can only be done by housekeeping and therefore must be paid for. When I said this had not been the case in other hotels in Brazil the story changed to say it is a law in their state. Also clearly a lie. The staff here are incompetent and dishonest. Do not stay here.

Date of stay: November 2013