I stayed at this Mercure hotel back in 2007, and again for three weeks in June of 2013 while I was in town working on the Confederations Cup. I cannot comment on value as the hotel was provided by my employer, but I will offer a list of pros and cons based on my three weeks there.
- Decent sized rooms, with cable tv and comfortable beds.
- Very friendly and helpful staff.
- Free wifi, although it was very slow. There was also free wired internet that was much faster, but you have to have your own cable.
- Good location. Some good food options not too far away and it is an easy walk to the trendy Savassi district.
- Good breakfast.
- Dated. Almost nothing has changed since my stay in 2007.
- Reception can get very busy and it is easy to find yourself in a long queue waiting to speak to someone. Not great when your room key has stopped working.
- There are three lifts, but they take forever to get to you. I have never seen lifts as slow as these. It is not unusual to stand and watch a lift pass your floor without stopping to let you in. You also need to use your room key to select your floor. This is a great security option as each person can only go to their own floor, but if you are in a full lift and you are all struggling to get your key in and select your floor you may find you have passed it before you get the key in.
- I had a number of issues with the hot water. Eventually I was moved to a new room after the engineers tried to fix the water on numerous occasions. I couldn't believe on my last day prior to check out there was no cold water, and I didn't have time to do anything about it.
- Room service food is awful. Go out and get something. The food is not good and it is expensive.
- Safes are old. I had a number of problems getting mine opened. Eventually in my second room they replaced the entire safe.
- Laundry prices are insane. We were offered a discount due to our large booking but even with the discount the price to have items washed was not much less than the cost to buy them in the first place. This hotel may not be more expensive than others but this was a rip off, and something I struggled with on a three week stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mercure Belo Horizonte Lourdes is the perfect hotel for those who want to be close to everything.Located in the most charming neighborhood of Belo Horizonte and near the main points of the capital of the state, Mercure Belo Horizonte Lourdes offers to guests comfort and elegance.The staff is highly qualified, friendly and eager to tell you what the city has to offer. In addition, Mercure Belo Horizonte Lourdes is perfect option to host your business meeting, since it has Wi-Fi and a modern convention center. The Hotel combines the tradition of a french brand and the famous hospitality of the local people. Come and experience this unique concept of accommodation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Hotel Mercure Belo Horizonte Lourdes reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Belo Horizonte Lourdes Hotel Belo Horizonte
- Hotel Mercure Belo Horizonte Lourdes Brazil