“so strange, still in construction but..sooooo good!”
Review of Adega do Sul

Adega do Sul
Ranked #275 of 8,825 Restaurants in Belo Horizonte
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Brazilian, Barbecue, South American
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Moscow, Russia
“so strange, still in construction but..sooooo good!”
Reviewed July 15, 2012

My husband knew this restaurant and since we were in BH we decided to have lunch there last sunday.
The place is very famous and has been serving meals for a long long time, supposedly they are making some renovations to improve it because the place looked like a construction site with paint tins and temporary curtains to hide some stuff like them in every corner. The pavement is not finished and is still in concrete.
We decided not to bother and stay anyway: the place was full of people who seemed not to care at all, too.
We did the right thing: the food was excellent. They served a "rodizio" which is a very special Brasilian meal: waiters bring samples of food to each customer several times throughout the meal, until the customers have had enough, they come to the table with knives and a skewer, on which are speared various kinds of meat, most commonly local cuts of beef, pork, or chicken. We loved it, everybody was very kind and attentive and we ate as much as we wanted.
We also had some dessert, which was brought to us by another waiter with a huge trolley displaying a great variety of cakes and delicious things.
We paid a reasonable price considering the food quality and we are absolutely considering to go back again as soon as we can because the meal was really worth the money.

• Visited July 2012

Belo Horizonte
“Horríbel....”
Reviewed June 14, 2012 via mobile

They are in the midst of a renovation, but that does not make an excuse for low-quality meat and terrible service. The issue here seems to be a choice made by the restaurant to lower service and price to catch a larger crowd. The rodizio price is close to half of Fogo de Chao,but so is quality. You make the choice...I have.....

“My Favorite Churrascaria”
Reviewed June 10, 2012

Adega do Sul is not the most well-known churrascaria (Brazilian barbecue restaurant) in Belo Horizonte, but it's my favorite. It's also one of the oldest in the city. My perspective is a bit unorthodox, since I'm a vegetarian, who sometimes eats fish. I go mainly for the salad bar where I pile on fresh mozzarella balls, imported cheeses, various vegetables, and sushi. Although I never eat the meat, I'm told by everyone I've eaten with that it's extremely good. While other places, such as Baby Beef, may have a wider selection of cuts of meat and a larger salad bar, their service is not nearly as good as Adega do Sul's. Since I don't eat meat, the waiters are willing to prepare a special salmon dish for me and even let me order seconds. This comes at no extra charge.

Recently, Adega do Sul has gone through a major building renovation. It bought up and demolished the building next door in order to double the size of the restaurant, which reopened just yesterday. I had dinner there with my wife today, and it's certainly bigger. They still haven't quite finished, and there were some issues that I assume are temporary, such as no soap in the restrooms, no yes/no coasters on the tables, and a huge hole in the wall where a window has yet to be installed. They assured my wife that even though the restaurant expects to serve a larger crowd, they will continue providing the same great service as before and will be hiring additional wait staff.

I believe that overall, Adega do Sul offers the best churrascaria experience in Belo Horizonte. Call ahead to check the prices, as they can vary. Generally weekdays are cheaper than weekends.

• Visited June 2012