“Dont get a room near the road”
Review of Grand Park Hotel

Grand Park Hotel
Ranked #6 of 25 Hotels in Campo Grande
Reviewed October 29, 2013

It is a nice modern hotel but a bit souless. It is on a main road and opposite a shopping mall and we spent all of Saturday night and morning listening to youth in loud cars roaring up and down the street.

The rooms are large and a bit spartan - but we booked here just for one night before our pantanal holiday. It was convenient to go across the road to do a bit of last minute shopping (have sunglasses fixed, get a plug adapter and some snacks and water to take with us).

Breakfast was good and started early - 5.30 I think. Staff were helpful.

Room Tip: If you can see the main road - ask for a quiet room on the other side of the corridor
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 6, 2013

This hotel is in an ideal location as it is just across the road from a brilliant shopping complex, one of the best I've seen anywhere in Brazil. Grand Park is a big, clean and friendly hotel and I enjoyed my stay there. I had difficulties with charging my i-pad and i-phone because the sockets in Mato Grosso do Sul are not compatible with any of the array of plugs and adaptors I brought out with me from England. The reception staff were helpful and charged my equipment from the reception desk. However I was able to get adaptors in the shopping centre - it really is worth a visit there. The breakfast room is bright and cheerful and there is a good range of food. I was surprised, however, that on Sunday the restaurant was closed and the only way I was able to eat was for a meal to be brought to my room. Hotel restaurants should not be closed at weekends - very disappointing. Campo Grande is a lovely city and, if you can make alternative arrangements for an evening meal I would recommend this place.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Dilolwa
Reviewed April 23, 2013

We choose this hotel for the location and price. It was worth the value and we were comfortable with the rooms and bed. Breakfast was decent and comparable to meals in Brazil. The one thing I did not like is that the gym is closed on the weekends. When I arrived the night staff told me it would be open at 6:00 am on Sunday, but then the morning staff said it is always closed on weekends. Can the staff get their information straight please! But as I said before, the location is good and I was able to take a run to the park.

Room Tip: Rooms on the fourth floor are quiet.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank CaliMich2014
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Location of the hotel is just right, next to the biggest shopping mall of the city. Hotel is ok overall but rude and incompetent staff ruined everything! Very bad place to stay!

Best option in the city would be Ibis or Novotel. Though the second is much more expensive.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Rashad-bahahaha
Reviewed May 6, 2012

Clean, Confartable, Great location, works fine, I admit, looks one of the best Hotels in Campo Grande. Is not a 5 star Hotel, but is clean and honest.
On the first night, we are located in the second floor. The Hotel kitchen opens for breakfast around 5:30 AM, and the juice machines are noise, so we wake up with some heavy noises.
They changed us to the SIX floor, then all was great, silent and better.
Missing some read lamps and some portraits on the rooms (decoration).
But in overall, was a night stay, and one of the best option in town.

Room Tip: High Floors - Skip the second floor, the kitchen is at the 1st floor.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank gbortolotti
Reviewed March 13, 2012

Good location. Very spacious and clean rooms, not noisy at all. Very good breakfast. A superb swimming pool and solarium with a bar. A liitle slow at the check-in, requiring too many information.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Comando23
Reviewed March 27, 2011

Service is excellent, rooms are comfortable, small pool with bar, fantastic breakfast. The location is great, across the street from the shopping mail and across the street from a very friendly nice hair saloon.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with friends