“Pineland Campground is AWESOME”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Arkdale
Pineland Camping Park
Reviewed October 15, 2012

My family stayed the whole wonderful weekend at this campground. The kids loved the bikes and the huge water slide. Mini-golf is great! The sites were clean and not too close together, it is nice to be able to see your neighbors and your family at the same time. The bathrooms were cleaned on a schedule you could see posted on the back of the door, wonderful. Everyone we talked with, from checkin to the store to the bar, were very friendly and super nice. They knew everything about the place and the area and new almost every camper by name.
I would highly recommend a family weekend here. There are events planned almost every weekend. Almost no need to leave the whole weekend. Love the area, so calm and relaxing.
Just loved everything about it. Will most definetly be going back next year.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed August 30, 2012

I picked this campground because I had a coupon deal and thought it looked like a good family place. I was expecting a clean, fun, camp experience in Arkdale Wi as the photos show on the web site. What I got was a place, two comunities out of Arkdale (where ever that is anyhow), in the middle of almost know where taht looked nothing like the pictures. The place was dirty, and as my 13 year old daught stated " a little sketchy". We stayed in a camper cabin, which I do not have any complaints about. The cabin was cute and clean. I just wish it was in a better environment! The kids did like the amenities they had, but we did not use the pool. The pool was cloudy and just seemed yucky. I was really upset when I found out I had to pay for a shower! This is a custom that is so out of date! I refused to pay for the shower after looking at how out of date and filthy the were. What is funny is the sign by the pool requesting showers before entering the pool. Wait... pay for a shower before getting into the pool (I already paid to use the pool)... no wonder the pool was dirty! People may have been using it to get clean for free! Just want all to know that our family loves to camp. We usually stay at state parks with an occasional resort type camp here and there. We enjoy "roughing it" as well as "glamping". I have never had a major complaint about other places I have stayed, until this one. We reserved 3 nights in this place, but left after one. Found a nice camper cabin in a state park and had a blast... and clean free showers! This place was not a fit at all for us!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Kathy S
Reviewed August 12, 2012

Read google reviews on this place and all sounded good---we were surprised when we arrived as it was not at all what the reviews said. Yuck sums it up--showers were disgusting (feces on walls), pool dirty, camp sites very close to one another, lots of mud and gravel. Lots of employees who don't seem to know what they're doing. Laundry area was disgusting--I refused to put my family's laundry in wash machines that dirty--and when you camp with kids--you usually end up having to do at least one load . Won't be back. Sorry.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 12, 2012 via mobile

This is a family campground with about 2/3 of the spaces occupied by long-term campers - some I would call mobile homes. And by family, I mean the entire family. There's a bar for the adults and playground for the kids.

Amenities were pretty good- mini golf wasn't bad for a campground, free 'bike' rentals with wrist band, volleyball, basketball, jumping pillow but the best was 'Pinezilla'; A 40' inflatable water slide slide. Not great was the 'solar heated pool' read as Not Heated. In fact, so cold our 2 yr old came out after 5 minutes shaking uncontrollably.

The owner, Randy, couldn't have been any nicer or more helpful.

The biggest issue we had was that all the pine forest for miles around is in various stages of clear cut. The campground is of course exempt from this but it is the least attractive part of Wisconsin we've ever seen.

• Stayed: August 2012

Been to Pineland Camping Park? Share your experiences!