“The Enchanted Inn”

Ranked #1 of 1 Churchtown B&B and Inns
On the beach
“The Enchanted Inn”
Reviewed April 11, 2007

My wife and I have been touring for fifty years. We have had great
trips, good trips and some really bad trips. We've stayed in castles, grand hotels, motels, B&Bs and even in tents. In other
words, "Been there, did that".
I won't bore you with our stories, but I must tell you about our
last and finest one. I wanted to take my wife to somewhere new and very special, to celebrate her birthday. Both my sons are well-traveled businessmen and they suggested, The Inn At Twin Linden, in the Amish country of Pennsyvania. They said it was delightful and if I wanted something extra special, this was the place. I took their advice and booked a room, never realizing how grand it would be.
The drive from our home in New Jersey, was about two hours.
We traveled through the fantastic patch-quilt rolling hills and valleys of the picturesque Amish farm lands. Suddenly, we were transported two hundred years back into the past. Our arrival at the inn was as though we were family coming home. Then, we began the most wonderful time we've had in fifty years. The beauty, charm and deliciously original cuisine was matched only by the warm welcome we received by the owners and innkeepers. Their tender care and genuine interest in making us comfortable in every way is really rare to find these days. Our room was luxurious, quiet and intimate. The many conversations we shared, while sipping a cup of tea or a fine
brandy, were pleasant indeed. From the porch we could watch the Amish farmers tending their stock and fields, as the barefoot
children laughed and played. We could hear the clipity-clopping sounds of the past, as the horse-drawn carriages passed the inn and rode over the hill into a beautiful sunset.
Finally, it was time to leave. Not to be forgotten, for we took with us cherished memories of this enchanted place called, The Inn At Twin Linden, that shall be pasted into our scrapbook of life. As we drove home, we were already planning our next trip back.

• Liked — The overall warm welcome, food, attention to our every need and friendship.
  • Disliked — Nothing really.
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Texan in PA
Reviewed March 29, 2007

Norman and Susan Kuestner are the owners/Innkeepers of the The InnAt Twin Linden and they absolutely have a wonder operation.
I took my lady for her 30th birthday for a suprise get away weekend.
We arrived on a Friday night to enter our private room which had a gas fireplace and a whirl pool tub. There was 13 roses in a vase with a box of Godiva chocolates on a hutch waiting for lady.
That night we were brought two large trays of hot and cold hor-douerves along with a bottle of champagne.
Each morning for breakfast we had a private table with a home cooked three course meal. Wow! not used to that!
Satuday night we got dressed in our best and had a reservation for two with a private table topped with a nice candle right at the B&B. The meal was a five course affair from , stuffed mushrooms, salad loaded baked potatoe soup, filet migon wrapped in baked with all the sides to go along and then a home made dessert with fresh wipped cream.
That night after dinner we had some wince and then retired to our room to find the bed turned down with chocolates and a two little glasses of peppermint schnapps by our bedside.
Susan is an amazing chef and Norman is a wonderful waiter.
The place is decorated in a wonderful soft touch of the south.
When we left, I felt like I just made new friends and did not feel like I was a stranger who was taken for only my money!
My lady and I had a great time and we will surely be back!

Stayed March 2007
1 Thank huntwithtodd
Perkiomenville, PA
Reviewed March 11, 2007

Stayed at the Inn for a weekend retreat to get away from it all Norm and Sue were gracious and made me feel welcome as soon as I arrived. I stayed in the Palladian Suite, which has seating area w/ a picture window looking over the valley plus a jacuzzi. Friday afternoon I just relaxed sitting on the porch dring sipping tea and having a bisciotti. Fri eve. I ordered h'orderves and thought they would bring a plate to my room of a few assorted snacks -- Norm and Sue showed up each w/ breakfast tray in hand overflowing w/ an assortment of culinary delights, fruit, cheese crackers, shrimp cocktail, marinanded chicken strips, quiche, 2 other items and devilishly delicious cheesecake (more than any meal). Sat breakfast was just as wonderful. Norm br you the meal and always ask if there's anything else you could want. At the end of the day, I ordered a massage and a masseuse comes to your room and gives an hour massage. After that another culinary parade of deligthtful items for your eyes as well as your taste. There is so much, I had to eat a little of each item, plus Champagne. Sunday morn, had my last delightful meal at the Inn -- it went soo fast. Sue packed a goodie bag of that wonderful chessecake to. Such a relaxing wonerful experience. I look forward to my next retreat at the Inn at Twin Linden.

Stayed March 2007
1 Thank chocoholic61
pa
Reviewed February 3, 2007

The Inn at Twin Linden was a very relaxing and pleasurable experience. The room was very nice and private and had everything and more that we needed for our stay. Norm and Sue ( the innkeepers) were very nice and helpful people. The food was also incredible.
My wife and I had a wonderful 5th anniversary and would recommend this delightful place to getaway to anyone.

• Liked — everything
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank PaRacenut
California
Reviewed November 11, 2006

We just took our first trip to the Pennslyvania Dutch Country and had the great fortune to choose the Inn At Twin Linden as our bed and breakfast inn. From our first step into the inn, we felt very welcomed. We arrived much later than the usual check in time but both Norm and Sue made sure that we knew our way around their inn and encouraged us to "make ourselves at home". Our room was just as it was described to us when we made our reservations. Sue made sure to carefully match our needs to one of the rooms still available. We loved our third floor room. It was well decorated, roomy, very clean and very comfortable. We had the chance to look into several of the other rooms and they all had that same warm yet individual look. The livingroom is also gracefully decorated and provided another pleasant spot to sit and read or to visit with other guests.

Don't miss Sue's breakfasts. They were delicious! It was a tasty way to start the day. And be sure to let them know that you want to make reservations for their special Saturday dinner. The menu is carefully composed. The table is elegantly set (as it is for every breakfast too) and the food is gourmet at its best. Sue is a wonderful, creative chief and Norm keeps the guests happy and laughing as he hosts the meals. Every detail of their inn has been carefully planned with the guests in mind. There were robes in the rooms and evening turndown service included creme d'menthe in crystal and Godiva chocolate. This gave us something special to look forward to each evening. There was even a beverage and snack table set up near the kitchen just for us to help ourselves to a wide selection of teas, coffee, juices, water and sodas. There were even a wide variety of snacks if one became a little hungry. Being an evening tea drinker, I took advantage of making a cup of tea each evening. That was just what I needed to really make me feel right at home!

Sue and Norm did everything to make our trip interesting. Sue had good suggestions for places to see and things to do. We had a better time because of their suggestions. And after the day's touring, getting back to the Inn every evening was such a pleasure and sharing the day's activities with our very interested hosts made for enjoyable discussions. I only wish that we lived closer to Pennslyvania because we would be regulars.

• Liked — Innkeepers, Norm and Sue and their attention to details made it a wonderful place to stay and eat
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Tips/Secrets — Don't let this gem of a place split by you....make your reservations well in advance to choose from the well decorated rooms...and don't forget to have Saturday dinner at the Inn
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled as a couple
2 Thank vacationbonus
Jackson,MS.
Reviewed October 29, 2006

We enjoyed a wonderful vacation, as we traveled through the beautiful Shenandoah National Park and on into Vermont. The foliage was peaking and it was spectacular, but the highlight of our trip was our stay at Twin Linden. Norm was a wonderful host. He was very informative about restaurants, antique shops and any other info we needed. Each morning we woke up, excited about what delicious gourmet breakfast Sue would have prepared. We were never disappointed! If you want to stay somewhere where the host are extremely FRIENDLY and helpful, where every room is cozy and nicely decorated, and where the food is DELICIOUS, then look no further. For a complete bed and breakfast experience this is the place to stay.

• Liked — Friendly owners and delicious food.
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Tips/Secrets — Just don't miss any of Sue's meals.
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LHood
Endicott, NY
Reviewed October 10, 2006

This is my 3rd time at the Inn At Twin Linden. The first time my sister and I spent a weekend and the 2nd and 3rd times with my husband. Every time was a delight and I will continue to return to this inn. We stay at various inns whenever we travel. The Inn at Twin Linden has beautiful rooms - the Garden Gate Suite is superb! We love hearing the Amish buggies go by....the front porch is just a super place to relax, so are the beautiful gardens! Sue and Norm are warm, gracious hosts and making your stay a wonderful experience is their priority. Saturday evening dinners are excellent and you certainly do not walk away hungry from dinner nor breakfasts! When you travel to the Amish countryside, this is an inn not to miss!

• Liked — Rooms...fresh flowers, well decorated, fireplace in room, whirlpool bath, chocolates!
  • Disliked — Parking
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Iluvinns
Also consider these accommodations in or near Churchtown
The Hotel Lancaster
Historic Smithton Inn
Historic Smithton Inn
#1 of 8 in Ephrata
Harvest Moon Bed and Breakfast

Been to The Inn at Twin Linden? Share your experiences!