“A great comfortable hotel in the middle of a confusing town”

Castro's Park Hotel
Ranked #2 of 53 Hotels in Goiania
Florida
“A great comfortable hotel in the middle of a confusing town”
Reviewed September 24, 2010

I travelled to Goiania in order to ask my girlfriend to marry me. She suggested I stay at this hotel. Goiania is a large town, and as with most south American towns, it is confusing. the hotel sits in the middle of a neighborhood, with no parking lot. But once inside I felt very safe and comfortable. I was in a upper floor so I had great views of the city at night.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled solo
5 Thank GeorgeBrazil

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Reviewed November 10, 2009

The only 5 star hotel in Goiania. Good location, nice and friendly staff and an excellent breakfast, which is included. I recommend this hotel for both business and family travelers.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
6 Thank LordBY
São Paulo
Reviewed June 11, 2008

Whenever I am in Goiânia, I stay at Castro's Park Hotel. Last year, I stayed there three times, and this year I stayed there in March. I simply love it. The Hotel is very beautiful and extremely clean. The rooms are The rooms are cozy , but still feel spacious. People there are friendly and helpful, meaning the service is perfect - everybody should experience that. It's unforgettable. Breakfast is great - several options - it's impossible to taste everything. From the hotel you can easily go to tourist sites, beautiful restaurants and parks. Besides that, there are two famous street fairs that take place on weekends at squares near the hotel. Overall I would say this is the best hotel I have ever stayed in.

• Liked — The rooms and the service
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5 Thank Avar
Vancouver
Reviewed November 29, 2007

Someone at Embratour was obviously paid off to classify this place as a 5 star hotel. The list is long, and I am well versed in a range of Brazilian hotels. This is at best a 3.5 star.

Internet is so slow it is unusable
Food poisoning from room service
Surly front desk staff
Classic 1970's wooden decor
Most rooms have two single beds wedged together
Mold throughout bathroom and luke warm water

Although this is not a major city like SP or RJ where a five-star is really a five star, I can't imagine how this place got its reputation.

Stayed November 2007
11 Thank groundradar
CastrosParkHotel, Gerente geral at Castro's Park Hotel, responded to this review, September 30, 2010
First we would like to apologize because this is not a service we would like to offer our guests. Currently we have internet wi fi and wired high speed. We apologize for room service because we have a great concern about food, so we have a nutrition team that accompanies all stages of preparation and storage of food. We also reported that 127 of our 172 rooms have been completely modernized. Each year the Ministry of Tourism evaluates all our services and continue to be the only 5 star hotel in Goiania. We would be very pleased to be able to serve you again in order to change this bad impression.
Los Angeles, CA
Reviewed May 19, 2007

During the past 2 yrs I have made many visits to Goiania, Goias to meet with business partners. I have stayed in 2 Hotels in Goiania. On my second trip I found the Castro's Park Hotel. I love it. They gave me privacy but maintain a beautiful place. The Hotel Cafe is great and the pool bar tends to your needs without being obtrusive. The rooms are great and there is great food at room service most any hour... Each room is clean and modern and has internet access. The staff is multi-fluent and friendly... I feel at home in the center of Goiania at the Castro's Park Hotel....and I will book there whenever I am in Goiania.

• Stayed May 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5 Thank DrDonLA
ATLANTA,GEORGIA
Reviewed June 21, 2006

They only 5 stars in Goiania. I flew in to Goiania for a funeral. I am from the area but never stayed there because neve could afford.
CHECK IN: It took me 30 minutes after waiting 10 minutes in line. You have to fill out a form, a long one, then, the front desk will enter the info into the system
SAUNA: Not open all the time. Only monday, wed and friday and u have to call 1 hour ahead for them to turn it on
SHUTTLE: They don;t even know what that is. Had to use a cab. So expensive
ICE: 4 dollars for a bucket of ice.
FURNITURE: fromt he 70s
BUSINESS CENTER. Smells like piss
POOL: Title are black
HALL WAY: Not A/C. Even on the winter, is so hot.
ROOM SERVICE: Everytime the maid leaves, she turns the AC off to save elec.When u get back from a long day, the room is hot.
POOL: I had the view of the pool. But at night, theY turn all the lights off, to save energy.
CHECK OUT: Can;t see your bill on TV. You have to come down the front desk, and get ready for a long check out.
NOISE: You hear people all the time, opening and closing their windows. You hear water running from the rooms above. Also, I heard the guest above, hitting the razor against his sink.

There is a hotel called ADDRESS. Its newer, and from what I have heard, its better than Castros.

For me, this hotel is like staying in Cuba in the 70s. Furniture look like Motel 6. I don/t know how EMBRATUR (Brazil Tourism Agency) rated this Hotel 5 stars.

GOOD LUCK AND I HOPE THIS WILL HELP

• Stayed June 2006
14 Thank Jmedeiros404
CastrosParkHotel, Gerente geral at Castro's Park Hotel, responded to this review, October 1, 2010
Dear Sir

We were very surprised by your comments because this is really not the standard of service we provide our valued customers. We sincerely apologize for what happened. We would like to inform you that the hotel has been remodeled - most of the rooms, as well as the common areas. We have always been recognized as the best hotel in the State in terms of infrastructure and services. We would like to welcome you again to dispel these negative impressions.