“Too.. much... meat”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Pennsylvania
“Too.. much... meat”
Reviewed May 11, 2013

Awesome restaurant with servers falling over you. The only downside is that they want to kill you with delicious food, i.e. meat. Salad and drinks are nice too, but the place is really for meat lovers.

Visited May 2013

Stockholm, Sweden
“Enough meat for the rest of the year”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

What I like is really the salad buffet with so many choices that you do not need the meat but guests come here to eat enought meat for the rest of the year and they definetly get what they are asking for. Do ask for the grilled cheese because it is delicious. Unfortunately they do not include fish or shrimp in their menu like other churrasco restaurants but the choice of meat is good. Wait for the better meats to arrive (they always come later) like picanha and do not stuff yourself with the cheaper meats that will be served at the beginning. Stay away from the desserts because they are not worth the cost. Overall a true Brazilian dinner experience that is not cheap but certainly worth it.

Visited April 2013
2 Thank Annikika
Northern Virginia
“Good churrasco but very pricey”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

I've heard of Fogo de Chão many times but never ate there until recently. I have had Brazilian churrasco in Brazil and in the U.S. many times. Fogo de Chão is among the best I've had, but it was also by far the priciest.

In case you don't know how to churrasco...it's an all-you-can-eat restaurant featuring various grilled meats as the central feature, which are served at your table one slice at a time. Most of the meat was excellent, especially the linguiça sausage and the lamb, but also the various cuts of beef and the pork ribs. Call me a heretic, but I did have one slice of beef that wasn't very well seasoned and wasn't special. But everything else was very good.

In case you don't eat an all-meat diet, you can request additional food to be served at your table, including rice, bananas, pão de queijo (Brazilian cheese bread), and others. The farofa was buttery and delicious. (If you don't know what farofa is...I can't describe it in a couple of words, but try it and I think you'll thank me.) Additionally, there is a modest buffet of many salads, fruits, cheese, cured meats, and other items.

I splurged and had dessert. I wish I could remember the name, but it consisted of a hot multi-fruit compote with ice cream on top. It was very tasty.

The restaurant building and decor are very attractive. The ambience is very nice. The service is prompt and courteous.

Why four out of five then, you ask? My beef with this place (rimshot) is the price. I am not a foodie, so this is among the most expensive restaurants I have visited. I don't mean to be a cheapskate, but if I pay this much for a meal, I expect it to be a memorable, once-in-a-lifetime experience. Fogo de Chão was very good indeed, but for a lot less money, I have had churrasco that was just as good, both in Brazil and in the U.S. In that respect, Fogo de Chão was a slight disappointment. Don't get me wrong--it was very, very good. But I didn't think it was very good value.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank shepshep
“Meat-tastic!”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Amazing Brazilian BBQ experience with perfectly cooked selections of beef, pork and chicken. Great Brazilian wines to accompany the beef and outstanding

Visited April 2013
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
“Best brazilian churrascaria chain”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Everything is great. Food is impecable and the courteous maitre and waiters make you feel at home. I am an habituee of Fogo de Chao, especially in Sao Paulo. It was my 1st time in Brasilia and - as expected - they did not disappointed us.

Visited March 2013