“Slow motion hotel” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #29 of 56 Hotels in Brasilia
Barcelona
“Slow motion hotel”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2013

I have traveled in several places in Brazil and my stay at this hotel was definitely under expectations. There always big line at the front desk. It seems that they are understaff and really slow. The rooms are good enough even if the furniture is basic. The speed of service is incredibly slow. It took ages to whatever you ask for. Espresso coffee has to be paid out f breakfast fee.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Cinthia_MB21, Gerente geral at Brasil 21 Suites, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Dear renato28,

Thank you for choosing Brasil 21 Suiítes as your hosting in Brasilia.
We apologize for not fully meet your expectations with some services. We are taking the necessary steps to improve this aspect in their next hosting. Take this opportunity to thank your comments, which help to improve our services.
Plinio de Souza General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Curitiba, PR
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2013

Maybe I'm too used to average Brazilian hotels that even the 21 Suites seemed good. I too thought my booking was for Meliá 21, and I was slightly disappointed when it turned out to be another one of the Meliá properties. However, I ended up not minding; my room was spacious with a living area and suite. I actually thought breakfast was slightly above average when compared to other hotels - an omelet station isn't a breakfast feature in other hotels I've stayed in Brazil.

I received a drink voucher at check-in, which was incredibly welcome; the only downside was the front desk never replying my request for a masseur, but soon after that I felt that I didn't even need one anymore. When I needed to extend my stay the staff was very accommodating and helped me with instructions on how to do it while still paying the very same online rate I got through a booking agent.

My room was clean, I didn't notice anything off about it. Overall I thought it was very good, specially when prices quoted elsewhere in the city were far from acceptable. And location is basically the same as any other hotel in Brasília, since they're all in the same sector, just divided between North and South.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Cinthia_MB21, Gerente geral at Brasil 21 Suites, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Dear shaohtsai,

Recife, PE
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

Room very spacious and very very comfy. Internet access with no problems. The hotel also offers a free bike to stroll in the city park.

Average gym in the complex. Good variety of restaurants. Good breakfast.

As every hotel in Brasilia, a bit overpriced.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank RobertoAlbuquerque
Cinthia_MB21, Gerente geral at Brasil 21 Suites, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Dear RobertoAlbuquerque,

We would like to thank your kind comments regarding your stay with us. We hope soon to have the pleasure of welcoming you again in Brasil 21 Suítes!
Boca Raton, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

This is an expensive hotel for what it is. Unimpresive. The rooms are very basic and the internet connection is pretty ustable. It seems under-staffed as there is always a line at the front desk. The lobby is 2nd rate and is connected directly to a convenience store... it's just not a very nice hotel for what it costs.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Cinthia_MB21, Gerente geral at Brasil 21 Suites, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Dear Alejandro J,
Curitiba, Brazil
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

Making a reservation at one hotel only to find that you booked another one can be rather annoying. So, beware: there are 3 Melia Brasil 21 in Brasilia, all of them located side-by-side near the TV Tower and Parque da Cidade, at SHS (Setor Hoteleiro Sul). I made the reservation by phone, and the attendant, although very friendly, insisted that I was booking the Melia Brasil 21 (actually another hotel). I wouldn´t say that Melia Brasil 21 Suites is a bad hotel; but the Melia Brasil 21 (without the "suites") is simply better. Much better.
My family and I occupied two "suites". Both were spacious and quiet, but clearly worn-out. At my room, the toilet flush was broken, and was promptly repaired. But my kids weren´t so lucky: their room´s A/C was out of order, and it took a whole hot summer night to get it fixed.
Breakfast was poor (for Brazilian standards), and the reception desk staff just average.
I wouldn´t consider another stay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank PHX
Cinthia_MB21, Gerente geral at Brasil 21 Suites, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Dear PHX,

Thank you for choosing Brasil 21 Suítes as your hosting in Brasilia.
We apologize for not fully meet your expectations with some services like ar condicional and toilet flush. We are taking the necessary steps to improve this aspect in your next hosting. Take this opportunity to thank your comments, wich help to improve our services. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again in Brasil 21 Suítes in a near future!

Miami
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

WiFi and internet issues with each stay left me disappointed that this seems never to be resolved.
Rooms are above average and personel friendly. I only hope that internet issues are resolved before my next visit.

• Stayed February 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Cinthia_MB21, Gerente geral at Brasil 21 Suites, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Dear tweb,

Thank you for choosing Melia Brasil21 as your hosting in Brasilia.
We apologize for not fully meet your expectations with our internet services. We are taking the necessary steps to improve this aspect in your next hosting. Take this opportunity to thank your comments, wich help to improve our services. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again in Meliá Brasil 21 in a near future!

Connecticut
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2012

Now to be honest, my business travel agent was supposed to put us up at Melia 21 which I like a lot, but instead we found ourselves and the 21 Suites. I would have preferred the latter - I checked into a non-smoking room and was assaulted with the smell of cigarettes - back to the lobby. Was skeptically told it was a non-smoking room ("would you like to come back with me and see?" then given another room that was an upgrade but done so like they were doing me a favor (the smell was horrible and I'm allergic in any case). I then asked if I could have my suit pressed by 8 AM the next morning, was assured I could (otherwise I would iron it out myself). 8 AM arrived and no clothes, 8:30 no clothes, so 3 trips to the front desk and too long a delay they arrived (about 9:15). Thankfully I had enough time to make the meeting, but it was not "by 8 AM." Also, the breakfast was adequate - had some fruit and a yogurt but that was about all to get.

The room itself I was given the second time was quite nice, I must say, though WiFi was a bit spotty. Also, in order to use the "business center" you need to get a card that has a 2 hour pass from the front desk, assuming the PC's are booted up. Do people walk off the street to use the internet? why not have a name and room login like most hotel WiFi logins? anyway, let's just say I think this hotel was fine, the smoke smell can happen anywhere and the front desk may not be aware, the laundry was a bit questionable, and the breakfast not doable for a long stay. If you are in town on serious business (there any other kind?) I would look elsewhere while the large room are good for someone with leisure more in mind.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank ctwino
Cinthia_MB21, Gerente geral at Brasil 21 Suites, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Dear ctwino,
I would like to kindly ask you to accept our apologies for the inconvenience about your firts room, business center, laundry services and breakfast. Let me reassure you that we have already taken all the necessary measures in order to avoid these kind of incident and to improve the level of our services.
The satisfaction of our clients is our most important goal and we firmly believe that quality of services can only be better by listening to their suggestions and complaints and improving our operational procedures.
Thank you so much for your understanding and we will be looking forward to having you as our guest again many other times in the future.
Sincerely yours,