I was here for a conference and I really liked the room. Clean, wooden floor, nice balcony, near a shopping center, etc., but even though it's supposed to be a hotel targeting business people going to the Brazilian capital, they really don't get the concept.
1. The "business center" is one computer that you have to reserve in advance, because otherwise it's locked, and when I requested using it someone escorted me and stayed there the whole time. I was wondering the kind of marvelous computer they had there that required such measures, but it was just one outdated desktop. My escort left after I told him I planned to print several documents. To their credit, they didn't charge for printing.
2. They lost 1 of 9 pieces I sent to the dry cleaning and nobody wanted to give me an explanation, much less offer to pay for it. They'd just say "I don't know what happened to it." After talking to several people -only a few speak English, so you have to go through a lot of 'do understand English' before being able to have a conversation- for 2 days, eventually someone apologized, asked what was the cost, and gave me and upgrade.
3. Wireless Internet is a mess. They have low speed (free) and higher speed (for a fee covering 24hrs). I needed high speed but the system kept forgetting I had already paid for it and I had to keep purchasing it. When the bill came they had to remove all charges that went beyond one access fee per day.
4. I was there during the US elections and wanted to follow the results, but the TV would only offer a few channels, most in Portuguese... I thought that was the situation in all the rooms, but when I was upgraded noticed the new room had many channels in English.
Overall, I'd try something different next time, though I'd choose carefully because I heard worst stories from colleagues in several other hotels.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Booking.com, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Kubitschek Plaza Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kubitschek Plaza Hotel Brasilia, Brazil