“Excellent Choice for Business travel”
Review of Melia Brasil 21

Melia Brasil 21
Ranked #11 of 57 Hotels in Brasilia
Reviewed December 2, 2013

I've stayed 3 nights in this hotel in November 2013. The hotel is situated in the area designated in Brasilia for hotels. The only negative for me was that it is in a quite area (which some travellers may prefer) away from "city life" and one needs to use a taxi to get to proper shopping malls and entertainment/restaurants outside of the hotels. The hotel is an excellent choice for the business traveller. It is modern, refreshing and very clean. The lobby area creates a welcome feeling and the staff is friendly and efficient. The rooms are of average size and well equipped, they are clean and the linnen and bed provides for a comfortable sleep. Wifi is available free of charge inside the rooms. The breakfast was average but sufficient.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank gerhardhud
Cinthia_MB21, Gerente geral at Melia Brasil 21, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2013

Dear gerhardhud,

Thank you for choosing Meliá Brasil 21 as your stay in Brasília.
It was great reading and sharing your comments with our entire team. Certainly this is what moves us forward.
We are very thankful, It will be a pleasure to assist you again in a near future opportunity.

There are newer reviews for Melia Brasil 21

Reviewed November 20, 2013

We stayed for one night in the suite of the Melia 21 in Brasilia. There are two hotel, tower A and Tower b, Tower A is a bit more fancy, with a very nice glass elevator and a roof top only accessible if you are a guest, we had a suite in Tower b which was really comfortable and was not lacking anything.

We had a big living room, with flat screen TV and a very nice room with a huge and comfortable bed.

The breakfast was very goods, with a lot of choice and a chef making customized omelettes. The service was really high and right next door.

The location is great, 5 mins walking from a big shopping center, a nail place right next door and the fogo de chao restaurant right in front of the hotel, the top churascaria in Brasil.

Overall a great stay!

Room Tip: Choose the suite for more space and great value!
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Irene_Philipp
Cinthia_MB21, Gerente geral at Melia Brasil 21, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2013

Dear Irene_Philipp,

Thank you for choosing Meliá Brasil 21 ( Tower D) as your stay in Brasília.

Reviewed November 20, 2013

Very large and nice rooms (suites). Clean, good service and no complaints at all.

We had a suite but the difference between the 2-3 cheaper options and the one we took was just 10-20 euros so it was worth it.
Very nice and polite staff that spoke very good english. Didn't have any problems extending our stay so we could check-out at 16:00 instead of 13:00 and they didn't charge us anything for it and thats one of thoose small details that makes you come back.

Room Tip: Don't know about the cheaper options but I think its worth taking a suite instead, for the littl...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Mickymiklind,

Reviewed November 13, 2013

After more than one month I have not received any contact or message from this hotel after a claim on unexpected charge on my credit card.

This bad story is explained in the following letter: https://www.dropbox.com/s/u53rl1o9c32rs7k/Claim_on_unexplained_credit_card_charge.pdf

After this letter, I received a phone call telling me it was a mistake and that I would be refunded.

Another week later I have not received any message, and I have not been refunded.

Is it a fraudulent transaction? So far I have been stolen 311 euros.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Philippe A
Cinthia_MB21, Gerente geral at Melia Brasil 21, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2013

Dear Philippe A,

Thank you for choosing Meliá Brasil 21 as your stay in Brasília.
We apologize for not fully meeting their expectations some of our services. We are taking the necessary measures to improve the aspects mentioned in your next hosting. Our front desk manager filed contact you a few days ago apologizing for the delay in canceling and reinforcing the information that the cancellation had been effected with the card issuer. Take this opportunity to thank you for your comments, which contribute to improve our services.

Reviewed November 8, 2013

Nice hotel. Good location in the city. Rooms have kitchenette, living room, plus descent bath and bedroom. Good breakfast in the AM included with stay. Work pays for room so I am not commenting on the rate. As hotels go, this is a 3.5* place -- not fancy, but clean and comfortable. The only negative I can say is that the GYM is horrible! But, there is the central park area just across the street with a 10K, 5K and 3K bike / running track; and many, many workout stations. Hotel also offers free bike rentals.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Cinthia_MB21, Gerente geral at Melia Brasil 21, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2013

Dear S G,

Thank you for choosing Brasil 21 Convention Suites as your hosting in Brasília.
Take this opportunity to thank your comments, which contribute to improve our services.
Best regards,
Plinio de Souza

Reviewed November 5, 2013

We recently finished a South American jaunt that had us ending in Brasilia. We were put up at the Melia 21 which was very convenient for 2 reasons: 1. It was very close to the airport (less than 15 minutes). and 2. It was very close to our working spot (a 5 minute walk).
We had spent the last 3 weeks in traffic nearly every day going to and from airports and venues. It was a nice change of pace to leave only 15 minutes for travel time, versus one hour.
Our key packets were ready upon arrival. A handful of us had problems with our keys allowing us to use the elevators (security reasons, I suppose). The front desk sorted these problems out fairly quickly.
The one thing that I noticed about our stay here versus other hotels in Brazil (and Buenos Aires), was that nearly no one on the hotel staff seemed to speak English. That is fine with me as I realize that I am in a foreign country. It was just odd having spent 3 weeks in nice hotels and ending up at one, in a capital city, with few English speakers. I just found it different.
Room was nice and spacey. Not fancy, very utilitarian.
The bed was not very comfortable at all and the linens were not super soft and supple. Bed was a bit hard for my taste.
The shower had good water pressure. Bathroom was functional.
Internet was slow, but fairly consistent.
I ordered a margarita pizza in to my room as the restaurant choices nearby were fairly limited (Foga de Chao right outside the hotel if you are so inclined). The pizza was good and affordable. I also asked for a bucket of ice as I drink iced tea in my room (I have the recipe). The biggest bummer of the whole stay was that they charged me for the ice! I travel all year long. Probably 150-200 nights per year spent in hotels. This is only the second time this year that a hotel charged me for ice. It seems silly to me. Very off-putting. Puts a bad taste in my mouth.
We had breakfast included in our rate. It was fair.
Not much around the hotel that you could walk to. I like to walk around and find a close by restaurant. Not much to choose from.
Also, on our last night, all of our key cards had expired. We went up to our rooms very late in the evening (midnight ish) and none of our keys worked. There were 2 people working the front desk. A young gentleman, and an older, larger gentleman. We were stacked up about 6 or 7 deep waiting to get our keys fixed. The older gentleman (who looked to be a manager), had no interest in helping out and immediately disappeared into the back room. He popped his head out one time when we were all still waiting, and quickly returned to the back room. The younger gentleman did the best that he could and took our payment for incidentals and got our keys re-keyed. It was a bit upsetting for us all to wait 15 minutes to get new keys when one of the hotel staff chose to not jump in and help out. That is 15 minutes of sleep that I will never get back.
I wouldn't choose it again for simply the poor service by some of the staff. The helpful ones were awesome. Everyone else, not so much. It was our 5th hotel in 3 weeks. Every other one had excellent service. At this one, we seemed to be an inconvenience.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Cinthia_MB21, Gerente geral at Melia Brasil 21, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2013

Dear Jon S,

Thank you for choosing Meliá Brasil 21 as your stay in Brasília.
We apologize for not fully meeting their expectations some of our services. We are taking the necessary measures to improve the aspects mentioned in your next hosting. Take this opportunity to thank you for your comments, which contribute to improve our services.

Reviewed October 24, 2013

There are in fact three hotels. Tower D (in the middle, luxury) and Towers B and F (more moderated priced, better suites for families, ex-Tryp hotels). I stayed on Tower B with husband and daughter, facing TV tower and fountain, liked it. Do not expect luxury, but comfort and nice staff. The hotel complex is nice, good barbecue restaurant just in front, close to the weekend northeastern fair (inexpensive typical food)

But do not try to walk around, especially if you are a sole woman. I was followed twice by beggars. According to locals, they will not rob you, but try to get money from scaring you. Almost succeeded in my case. Anyway, this must be a problem in Brasília, as hotels are separated from residential areas. Not to blame the hotel. It is not easy to find street taxis, but it is very easy to call them by phone. I recommend you ask the staff to set it up for you and have a wonderful stay.

Room Tip: Tower B on the corner, high floor. You see the fountain, congress, palace, cathedral, etc.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Cinthia_MB21, Gerente geral at Melia Brasil 21, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2013

Dear Lpinto,