The hotel is good, I don't have anything bad to say about it. But the location of this hotel is appalling: there are no sidewalks nor public lighting in the North Hotel Sector. It looks like an abandoned city (and Brasilia really is an abandoned city, due to the horrible politicians that have been elected there).
Right in front of the hotel there is a BIG pool of MUD! And if it's not raining, there will be lots of DUST!
This happens because, in the North Hotel Sector, there are many empty plots waiting for someone to buy them and build a hotel in them. And these plots are not taken care by the administration of the city. So drivers park their cars there and this process destroyed the grass. So you'll find nothing but the characteristic red earth of Brasilia! The balcony marble of my room was even red due to the huge amounts of dust!!!
In the back of the hotel there are trash cans which are overloaded with garbage so it falls out of the can and it just lies there on the ground. There's a stretch of the road without pavement behind the hotel, so you get more mud coming from it. There's also an abandoned gas station behind the hotel. The view is really not pleasant.
I understand that these problems are not a direct responsibility of the hotel. But if all the hotels of the sector got together and demanded the proper urbanization of the area, they could get something done by the mayor. After all it's not that complicated or expensive to plant grass, place some obstacles against cars to protect the green area and build some meters of sidewalk.
I suggest that tourists coming to Brasilia choose any hotel in the South Hotel Sector. Since the South Sector is older, there are no empty plots there and the structure is complete.
I was with a foreigner friend and I never felt so ashamed in my life when we got out of the hotel just to see a giant pool of red mud. Don't stay here until the area is properly urbanized.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 269 apartments in the hotel. The Mercure Apartments Lider is located at Asa Norte, 2 kilometres from the city centre and 14 kilometres from the Brasilia international airport. With modern architecture, the hotel features a restaurant, a bar and a business centre. The hotel also offers guests a swimming pool and sauna. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Cancelon, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mercure Apartments Brasilia Lider reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Apartments Brasilia Lider Hotel Brasilia
- Accor Apartments Brasilia Lider
- Mercure Apartments Brasilia Lider Brazil