“Very good but expensive”

Trattoria da Rosario
Ranked #23 of 11,063 Restaurants in Brasilia
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 21, 2013

We liked Rosario everytime we went there , the service is great, and the food also is. Last time we ate there however, my husband didn't enjoy his dish, it was plain and not memorable - I think it was fettucini with lamb ragú. Mine was very good, a piece of lamb with risotto. The bacallà was a litlle dry and salty. All in all, it is a good place, but overpriced for what we get. But since we like the Rosario, and live in Brasília, we have to pay the price.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

Have been here several times since we moved to Brasilia and at first I thought it was going to be a regular treat. But the last couple of times have been just ... ordinary. I'm used now to crazy high prices in Brazilian restaurants but this last time I paid roughly R$200 for a (very good) carpaccio and two pretty ordinary main dishes, plus a beer and a bottle of water. And the waiters can hardly be bothered - I don't want waiters all over me but these guys look like they'd rather be anywhere else.
The food's OK but nothing to get worked up about. Ditto the atmosphere. If you find yourself here in QI17, try one of the other two restaurants here.
A lot of people rate this place especially politicians and embassy people - but then they're not spending their own money are they? There are lots of better places for less.

3  Thank JeffStranks
Reviewed May 28, 2012

I have been at Trattoria a few times and the food is always excellent. Service is very good most the times, but we had a very bad experience over there at least once, when the waiter didn´t allowed us to take a seat where we wanted and the restaurant was empty. It was a week day and he said all the tables we liked had been reserved. We just left to somewhere else. That was a very bad experience. But we returned a few months ago and were very wellcomed by the staff. And, of course, had a nice table, fantastic food and wine.

Reviewed May 28, 2012

This is my favorite Italian place in a city full of good ones. The service is excellent, but it will cost quite a few Brazilian reais. Perfect place for good food and to relax, if you are willing not to save money.

Reviewed May 27, 2012

Very good food, elegant place, high prices. Located in Lago Sul (South Lake), some 15km from downtown.