“My favorite in Brasilia”

Royal Tulip Brasilia Alvorada
Ranked #4 of 56 Hotels in Brasilia
Sao Paulo, SP
“My favorite in Brasilia”
Reviewed December 24, 2013

The hotel is good in all aspects: the rooms have good size, good bath, fast internet, very clean, complete breakfast. The only negative aspect is the staff at the reception, a little slow. Also they should have an easier checkout system.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank HKFrizzo
Jean N, Gerente geral at Royal Tulip Brasilia Alvorada, responded to this review, March 14, 2017

Thank you very much for your review!

We work hard to provide the best products and services that, allied to our amazing structure, combine into an incredible hosting experience!

We are eager to see you again, check our sprecial programming for weekends and holidays!

General Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
  • Greek first
Reykjavik, Iceland
Reviewed November 25, 2013

This Hotel is the best you will get in Brasilia. Brasilia is a strange city, and the most important thing is the distance. You do not go out for a walk - that could take hours! Although The Royal Tulip is situated away from the center, that does not matter since you only have to pay about 25 real for a 15 minutes taxi trip into the city center (about 12 USD). The hotel is quite luxurious and safe. The Hotel is situated in a closed compound, that no one can enter and is frequently visited by foreign official delegations. That is a quality mark. The rooms are large and flawlessly clean. Breakfast is variable, and some courses change day from day. The Hotel is quiet and designed as a oval, built in a half circle, meaning that all the corridors are oval and sound travels less. That is nice not always having the same for breakfast if you are staying for a few days. The rates may seem pricy, but be aware, this is one of the MOST expensive cities I have visited, so the rate at the Royal Tulip is more than adequate compared to other hotels.

Room Tip: Go for a Deluxe room - with a balcony facing the lake Try to get a room at the 4th or 5th floor
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank Oskar_Nielsson

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Reviewed November 20, 2013

We stayed in this hotel for 2 nights. The location of the hotel is very nice as it is right on the lake.

The hotel is very very big and maybe for a couple it is a bit impersonal and lacks a bit of romance. Perfect for families though, with big pools, and a big area for kids and a designated pool for the little ones too.

Nothing to say about the room, that was very specious, clean, great bathroom and had a balcony.

The choice for breakfast is also huge, it is a BIG hotel so expect lots of people.

The spa area is not the best looking, but the quality of the massage was very high. Overall a great place, but maybe more suitable for large groups or conventions, rather than for couples.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Spokane, Washington
Reviewed October 29, 2013

Me and my wife recently stayed here for our honeymoon. The service was 5 star and the rooms were clean. Couldn't ask for more than that. We stayed in the Presidential suite which had an amazing view of the pool and lake. Room Service was also timely. I will stay here again next time we visit Brasilia!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Seychelles
Reviewed October 23, 2013

I booked this hotel in view of the fact that I was attending a conference there and did not wish to commute from the city back and forth.
The receptionist was welcoming and found my booking within minutes and I was resting in my room within 30 minutes of getting there (others in the line were not so lucky!).
Clean room, great king bed with perfect pillows and a very nice bathroom with all amenities and separate shower and bath. The right hand side hand basin had a loose faucet but I was alone and used the left side. The shower was wonderful - no complaints.
One not so good, and daily issue, was the balcony sliding door was always unlocked when I got in from the conference. I was there a week and this disturbed me so I called the housekeeper and pointed it out to her after the 2nd night. That night I found it locked but following that it remained unlocked again. One of my colleagues had that same problem and asked to be moved to a higher floor as she was afraid. I just made sure all my valuables were locked or with me and after b'fast caught up with the chambermaid and insisted that they lock the sliding door. It was done.
The breakfast buffet was awesome with a nice array. of fresh fruits, pastries, cereals and an egg station which I love. No complaints. The waiters were welcoming and helpful all the time. Other meals had there were typically brazilian with different meals of meats and vegetables. Dessert was nice but not unique.
The poolside is stunning with the lake view and the open area and gardens. Very relaxing and peaceful. I would have loved to have spent a lot more time there but duty called most days.
There is a small amenities shop in the lobby where I got my water and soft drinks and a few mementos for friends n family. No English spoken so I made myself understood in Spanish and we got along great.
Brasilia is not a place I would spend a vacation but the hotel was great and if I had to, I would definitely stay there again. The whole set up is gorgeous and everyone was relatively friendly and helpful.

• Stayed October 2013

Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed October 18, 2013 via mobile

If you are looking for a calm and beautiful place, this is the one. But is really to far from everything like Brasilia Shopping or great restaurants. But, at the end, is not that expebsive and can provide great services.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Sao Paulo
Reviewed October 16, 2013

I recently travelled to Brasília and stayed at one of the fancy hotels at Setor Hoteleiro Norte. Good experience, but just a regular location...

Royal Tulip Brasília instead was my choice on a recent business trip to the federal capital of Brazil, and I must say this is really a good, comfortable and nice hotel to stay at:

- great ambiance and decoration
- by the lake
- beautiful pool
- well located, not far from Esplanada dos Ministérios

I hope to stay there again!

Room Tip: there are several options - the most expensive ones face the lake - which is beautiful!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business