“Fantastic, worth every penny!”

IL Angolo Resto-Bar
Ranked #54 of 366 Restaurants in Appleton
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Wisconsin
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic, worth every penny!”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I moved from Appleton about 3 years ago, but always wanted to go to Il Angolo while I lived there, but never did. Well, this last weekend I got my chance when I was back in town for my birthday and what a great experience it was!! We were going to go to another restaurant, but there was an hour wait, so decided to see if we could get in at Il Angolo, and we were not disappointed.

While the ambiance is a bit fancier, we were certainly not dressed up, but did not feel uncomfortable at all. I had the Halibut with poblano cream sauce (it was a special), my one friend had the Tuna with soy/ginger glaze (a special) and the other had tenderloin oscar. We were ALL VERY IMPRESSED with the presentation and flavors of our dishes. While this place is not on the lower end price-wise, the service and food were fantastic and definitely worth the price! We all commented that we would all go back and are glad that we ended up where we did. Thanks for such a fabulous dinner!

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank cant_w8_2_leave

Appleton, Wisconsin
“Awesome food but pricey”
Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

We've been to Il Angolo several times, and the last time was for the Valentine's Day special. We opted for the chef-selected 5-course meal paired with wine. The food and wine were good, but we didn't end up with anything spectacular or unique-- just the basics like beet salad, fried shrimp, and steak. We watched other tables, who must have known better and ordered a la carte, get things like escargot, lamb chops, and mussels. The biggest disappointment was the dessert that came with our meal: chocolate-covered strawberries. We had higher expectations with the price we paid. They did honor our request for an upgraded dessert though. We were also served Chardonnay twice, instead of a different wine with each course. We will go back, but we have learned not to leave the decisions up to the chef. We enjoy good food too much to be served things we could get at a chain.

Appleton, Wisconsin
“The best restaurant north of Milwaukee!!!”
Reviewed March 6, 2013

I have enjoyed Il'Angolo many times. Their food is beyond excellent, and their people are superb! My especial favorites are the mussels, lamb, and their great specials. They serve mussels a variety of ways, and all deliciously. There are two different ways to enjoy the lamb; my favorite is the Argentine preparation. We have received excellent service everytime we visit, but Lizzy is the best!

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank ChrisFromWisconsin
Woodbury, Minnesota
“Worth every penny!”
Reviewed March 1, 2013

I read all the complaint reviews that this restaurant is over priced. This is not a place for Friday Night fish fry. This is high quality, exquisite tasting food. The wine list is exceptional. The lobster bisque is one of the best I've had. I had the tenderloin and I could have cut it with a butter knife. One of the best steaks I've ever had. I highly recommend this for a special occasion or great night out. You won't be disappointed.

• Visited February 2013
Jupiter, Florida
“A Special New Year's Eve Dinner”
Reviewed December 31, 2012 via mobile

Unique menu, good service. Really tried to please their customers. The lobster bisque was excellent. As were the encrusted grouper and crab stuffed beef tenderloin.

1 Thank McTWaid