“Yum!”

Dining options: Reservations
Wisconsin
“Yum!”
Reviewed June 11, 2012

This is one of the best meals I have ever had. I first need to warn you, the portions are very very big. They have great appetizers...three of us shared 3 and then each got a salad. We were full before the salads arrived! Regardless, the service was terrific and food was outstanding. Will definately return.

• Visited June 2012
2 Thank StephD0205

Dover, New Hampshire
“How can you not rate IL'Angolo 'Excellent'”
Reviewed April 23, 2012

It is striking to me that some have rated this restaurant so low. Having eaten in restaurants all over the country, as well as in many other countries, I will tell you that IL'Angolo has some of the finest food anywhere. The chef here has a great sense for complimentary and unique flavors.

It is a bit of a standing joke at my company. Whenever I visit our Appleton area office I must have at least one meal at IL'Angolo. This past week I was in town again so we dined one evening here. Not only was my meal great, it was the best I've had at this restaurant (of about 4-5 visits). I am shocked at how empty the place can be yet the food is oh so good. For the life of me I cannot figure that out. I am never in town on a Friday or Saturday evening so maybe it is busier on those nights.

Regardless, I urge you to try the amazing food at this venue.

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank MtnHiker54
Appleton, Wisconsin, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Our "Anniversary" Place!!”
Reviewed March 9, 2012

We choose to go to Il Angolo EVERY YEAR for our anniversary. We've been each year (with one exception- one year we spent it at a Bed and Breakfast in Sturgeon Bay!) for the past 5 years that we've lived here in Appleton, and it's only gotten better with each visit. It's quietly romantic, we love the "simple/elegant" decor, the location is delightful, (across the street from the library!) , and the food and service are terrific! (We've enjoyed meals in some pretty great restaurants all across the country, having lived in 11 different states and visited many more over the course of our 25 year marriage. IL Angolo measures up very nicely with some of the best!) I recommend IL Angolo to everyone who wants a special place to enjoy a wonderful meal...WE think it's the BEST RESTAURANT in Appleton!!
-Margaret, Appleton

• Visited September 2011
1 Thank Margaret567
serenetartine
“Hire a bartender please!”
Reviewed February 6, 2012

Lots of potential! Courses took too long but were delicious. Service was a bit too casual for a fine dining restaraunt and hefty price tag. Also, I have noticed over my two visits that the waitstaff make their own drinks, I watched several drinks being made incorrectly/ or taking a LONG time to come to our table. If you are not going to pay a bartender please train your staff properly.

• Visited October 2011
2 Thank serenetartine
milwaukee
“Best food and service ever!”
Reviewed January 24, 2012

A wonderful restaurant with amazing food and service. The menu was an eclectic mix of Mediterranean recipes for any taste. The food was perfect, the atmosphere modern and prices were fair. A stunning dinning experience that we plan to repeat!

Visited January 2012