“Don't expect good coffee from a smoothie cafe.”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Tropical Smoothie Cafe
Ranked #14 of 15 Dessert in Appleton
Reviewed September 3, 2013

It was likely just a poor choice on my part, thinking I could get a decent "plain old" cup of coffee at a smoothie cafe. I gave Tropical an "average" rating only because I am aware that I chose an item they probably aren't known for. That said, I also think that no matter what type of service or product you are offering, a customer should not have to yell "helloooo" to find out if you are, in fact, open.

The young man who came out from the back barely greeted me, took the money for the coffee and never said "thank you."

The coffee itself tasted fine, but it wasn't even hot. It wasn't even drinking temperature, it was gulping temperature.

I'll bring the coffee from home next time. Maybe give them a try for a smoothie instead.

Reviewed November 18, 2012

Tropical smoothies taste more like something you'd make at home. They have multiple fruits and you can have different additives ( like whey or soy protein powder) put it for a small additional cost. Whenever I'm in one of those" I'm hungry but food doesn't sound good" moods, TS hits the spot. In fact, when I was in labor with my daughter earlier this year, I made my mother drive me downtown, stood in a lunch-line trying not to dance through my contractions in public, to get a smoothie. I got a smithies with wheu AND soy protein since one is faster acting and the other slows and it sustained me pretty darn well through another 9 hours of labor!

Reviewed August 26, 2012

What a treat to start the day with a fresh fruit smoothie with a hit of whey protein -- just like home. Unfortunately this place is closed on weekends, so plan accordingly. Friendly service, excellent, healthy smoothies. Such a welcome surprise to get healthy good while traveling.