“Just an average Japanese grill”
Review of Osaka

Osaka
Ranked #116 of 385 Restaurants in Appleton
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 21, 2012

The inside of the restaurant was beautiful. We were a party of 6 there on a weeknight and the service was relatively quick. The hibachi meals were good, but I have had better at other similar restaurants. No complaints, but I won't go out of my way to visit again.

Reviewed March 1, 2012

Amazing sushi and hibachi. Very pretty inside. Location hasn't had much luck but has been completely renovated inside since last steak house owner. Great atmosphere and they also have take out!

Reviewed February 19, 2012

We had reservations for 10 people. We were seated and waited at our table for over an hour for a waitress to come and take our drink and food orders both of which were messed up anyway. We waited another 45 minutes for a chef to make his way to our table and 35 minutes for our bill after we had asked for it. Everyone at our table asked for their steak medium rare and it was all VERY burned. We had to ask the chef to turn and then remove the scallops and salmon from the griddle because it was burning also and then he didn't have the correct food for our orders once it was done. The other table around us got sake shots from their chef as well as two dipping sauces, we received neither although our same chef had both for a different table. We had to get up and get our own drinks from the bar more than once because our waitress didn't come back as well as bus our own table to remove the dirty dishes. Other diners at the tables around us had the same wait (one person was sleeping as they were waiting) and were also getting their own drinks. The women's bathrooms had no toilet paper and we had to use toilet seat covers (ladies, do you really want to resort to this?) My husband and I are more than willing to pay for great food and service but over $90 for being our own wait staff and helping to keep the chef from scorching our food is ridiculous. We will never be back and wouldn't recommend this to anyone. There are multiple great Japanese restaurants in Appleton (Nakashimas/Katsuya, Far East). Don't waste your time or money at this dump.

Reviewed February 1, 2012

I thought this place had a great value for what you get. Place wasn't packed and it felt like there was plenty of space. Would like try the habachi grill

Reviewed January 17, 2012

the food was great but I thought it was a little pricey for the area. I usually go to Nakashima's and found it very comparable

Been to Osaka? Share your experiences!