“For a taste of Afghani food”
Review of Queen Bee

Queen Bee
Ranked #114 of 366 Restaurants in Appleton
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neenah, Wisconsin
“For a taste of Afghani food”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Soooooooo, I've been meaning to go here for what feels like a hundred years, but what has only been 3 (still a long time), because this little gem serves authentic Afghan (is that correct?) food on Thursdays. It has been hard to get to because they are only open until 2pm everyday, I believe (not sure about weekends) and they only serve Afghan food on Thursdays. And my boyfriend doesn't branch out a lot with food sadly. So I finally made it with a girlfriend and we were both VERY impressed! It's a cute little place, with AMAZING and friendly staff!! If you opt for the Afghan food, it's only one option, which I thought was slightly pricey at first (between $11-12 for it), BUT you get TONS of food and it is literally two meals (maybe 3)! They serve you a whole variety of Afghan food which is GREAT because then you can try a lot of different things if you are unfamiliar with it! And we were, but we both liked ALL OF IT!! It's was very delicious and overall a great price and value for what you get! So definitely check it out! Oh, and I've heard they serve a really good breakfast, which is what they specialize in i think. But seriously, aside from the food and prices, the girls were all seriously amazing and helpful, you rarely see waitstaff that friendly! And we were the last ones in there and they were really close to closing time and they never rushed us or anything like some places can. So thank you Queen Bee, it was great!!! Will visit again soon (much sooner than 3 years, maybe next week!)!

• Visited August 2013

Door County
“nice little place”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

menu is loaded! great little family diner, definitely a local place, i went around the end of "traditional" breakfast hours, i really wanted breakfast and my friend didn't... but by the time we made our decisions we both had breakfast lol. the food was fast and hot and the waitress was on top of filling our drinks. portions were larger than we expected and some how we downed it all. great inexpensive home food.

Visited May 2013
Wisconsin
“Nothing fancy, but always good.”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

They make the kind of food that you can find at breakfast places throughout the country, but it's never poorly made. I almost always have two eggs, over easy, with toast. The sausage and bacon are also good. I look forward to the occasional breakfast at QB.

Visited July 2013
“Afghani lunch special Thursdays is the best thing I ever ate!”
Reviewed May 22, 2013

I can't believe no one has written a RAVE review.... until now, about the Thursday lunch specials. Every bite is as good as the first. The harmony of flavors are fresh and subtle. It doesn't matter to me if I can't pronounce the names of the dishes, great home cooking is universal. And it's always 4 courses for just over 11 bucks!!! Appetizer, salad & pita bread, entree and dessert. Some of my favorite appetizers are the potato leek triangles and the wagon wheel pasta with lentil ragu and yoghurt. I adore the cold fresh cucumber tomato cilantro salad. And their rice with carrot and raisin is stellar. The meatballs are huge and so jam packed with good flavor, and any meat they make is fall apart tender married with a juicy sauce. Desserts are pleasantly low in sugar. And I love looking at the massive bee collection around the restaurant while scarfing down a new surprise every Thursday.

• Visited May 2013
Fort Lauderdale, FL
“Have the hash browns!”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

This diner is a find in this city. It feels like a family run spot. The service was terrific and the food was really good! It's not gourmet, but that's not why you should be here. I had an omelet, which doesn't come with their famous hash browns, but everyone should order them. It is too much, so I suggest sharing an order. They are truly unbelievable. Our server was so friendly - when we were finished she talked to us all about a special cake that was just being made in the kitchen and said we should try it. I'm not a big dessert person at breakfast, so I didn't but it did sound good.

• Visited March 2013