“Romantic Getaway”

Franklin Street Inn Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 5 Appleton B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 16, 2013

We enjoyed a lovely, relaxing stay at the Franklin Street Inn. This is our second stay in the past 2 years. We look forward to seeing Judy and the charming décor. Her cooking is out of this world - tasty and creative. She added a nice touch to our room with the roses ordered, wine chilled and the box of chocolates. We enjoyed her bedtime "treats" as well. The Inn is clean, and beautifully decorated - a home away from home!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed November 28, 2013

My wife and I recently stayed at the Franklin Street Inn for a Packers/Vikings weeekend. The House was clean and as advertised, and had charm to spare. Judy catered to our breakfast preferences, and the meals were amazing! It was an incredibly cozy and fun weekend. We stayed for 3 nights, and thoroughly enjoyed the interaction with the Innkeeper as well as the other guests,(plus a little viking/packer smack talking :)

The only downsides I can come up with are the fact that the entire house is top to bottom hardwood, and being a large individual, I tended to make alot of noise moving about the house, but that is to be expected, and didn't take away from our experience.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 21, 2013

I would highly recommend staying at the Franklin Street Inn if you are in the Green Bay area. We were there for a Packers game and Appleton is less than 1/2 hour from Lambeau. I would most definitely rather stay here than at a hotel. The house, though historical, was so warm and cozy after the game.

This B&B is a wonderful place to stay! The rooms were just like they are posted on the internet and the food was DELISH! The historical beauty of this home is wonderful and the amenities were perfect. The bed was one of the most comfortable we have ever stayed in and the whirlpool tub was amazing.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Franklin Inn Suite. It was terrific!
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 24, 2013

This was our first Bed & Breakfast experience. My husband surprised me with the Sea Breeze for Sweetest Day. I would highly recommend this for a romantic little get-away. Judy provided a true home away from home environment taking care if every last detail to create perfection. I enjoyed the historical preservation of this lovely home it was quite tranquil. And the food was delicious served promptly at our requested time. I cannot wait to see what else this B&B has to offer. Thanks for the wonderful experience.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 10, 2013

This is an easy walk to Lawrence University, and good value. Judy, the proprietor, greets everyone warmly and is very helpful. She arranged to accommodate an extra person in my party on short notice -- the room she put that person in wasn't as nice as the rooms she advertises on the web, but it was completely serviceable, clean, and comfortable. The advertised rooms are exactly as described -- she has posted useful photos on her web site. The beds are comfortable and breakfast is fabulous. (And can be customized if you have dietary preferences.) Breakfast is a group activity, with all the guests around a large table, and I found that a very pleasant way to start the day.

Wifi is fine. Water pressure/temps are good. The rooms all have a TV, although it might not be super conveniently placed. Check-in is during specific hours (or when someone happens to be in) but it is only a B&B, and there might not be anyone home to check you in at odd hours. Once you have checked in, you can come and go as you please, though. You can hear the train from many of the bedrooms, but that's true in any place this close to campus.

The house is very attractive, in a nice neighborhood, with a garden and lots of flowers, but the vines growing along the out-door bannisters make the (short) staircases into the house tricky for people with limited mobility or poor balance. I've stayed in several places in Appleton, including a different B&B, a major hotel, and a motel, and this is my favorite. I think it is also the best value I've found.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 10, 2013

This is a WONDERFUL place to stay in Appleton, WI! The Inn itself is lovely, very pretty and well-maintained, including the grounds. Every possible thing one might need has been thoughtfully anticipated and provided for. The breakfasts are scrumptious. The rooms are spotless. The bed was incredibly comfortable. The Inn is 2 blocks from Lawrence University so I didn't need to rent a car to visit the college.

Probably best of all was the incredible warm hospitality provided by Judy, the owner, and her helper, Brenda. We'll be back to visit!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed October 2, 2013

I was totally impressed with this award winning establishment. I was so pleased with the accommodations and the service and kindness of the proprietors. The breakfast was tailored to my desire and it was the best I have had - wonderfully prepared by the gourmet cook and owner Judy who has written two cook books. The accommodations are meticulously maintained and built. This place is so charming and close to everything downtown and the main thoroughfare of College street.

Room Tip: The Franklin Inn is near Lawrence University and not far from the river, river drive and shopping. A...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business