“Great family restaurant- but a tad bit hard to find.”

Mohnen's Darboy Family
Ranked #58 of 383 Restaurants in Appleton
Reviewed December 10, 2012

This place is not far off the main road, but a tad bit hard to find. We traveled out on KK, and it right past the Darboy Club, tucked behind a gas station. We've been there three times, and I've gotten something different each time. This time I had the shrimp, along with a wonderful side of their yummy potato pancakes. They had a sign that they had the "best" potato pancakes, so we both tried them for an extra 79 cent charge. They came with a dollop of butter, and syrup on the side. They were excellent. My shrimp was very good also, and I'd have it again- it also came with coleslaw and rye bread, which I didn't eat. My hubby had the perch, he said it was "ok." The prices are very good, great place to go with the kids. I saw a table or two with children, and the waitresses were so kind to take the kids mac/cheese and other items out very fast for some kids that were very hungry as it was past their normal dinner time. Friendly service, a great coffee bar when you walk in. You can also have any of their specialty coffees with your meals. We will be back. Good family diner place.

1  Thank Dawn H

Reviewed October 11, 2012

We ate breakfest and dinner a few times. Food, quanity and quality were more then we expected.
The restaurant was clean and the waitress and staff were very friendly and helpful. It has many
booths and tables for seating quickly. I would eat there again, breakfest was excellent, I had eggs benedict, with it you get a choice of toast, pancakes or a muffin, a lot of food

Reviewed September 22, 2012

This is a great place for breakfast. Great omelets, waffles and pancakes. Talking about pancakes, they have the best potato pancakes. Our out of town company always like to stop at Mohnen's.

1  Thank Jack H
Reviewed April 23, 2012

We stopped here out of mistakenly listening to a recommendation from someone. If you like Mary's you'll love this place. If you like a greasy spoon that's what it is. Food was average as best. Lacked any real flavor. But at least it lacked bad flavor too. The hollandaise was flavorless, which is pretty hard to do. I imagine it came out of a can from sysco and was not made at the restaurant. The service was lacking. Our server was more interested chatting up the local gossip with someone than actually serving tables. Never came back to check if everything was okay. Just came back to see if we wanted anything else or the bill. The bill took 5 more minutes to get because she had to return to the conversation before serving us again. The best thing I can say is it was cheap. If I would have had to pay any substantial amount I would have been really upset.

1  Thank Zeke C
Reviewed November 27, 2011

Mohnen's is the family diner for this area. Mary had turkey today, always good here, and I had meat loaf. Had a small wait today, not unusual for Sunday. Wait staff is all very experienced and great. They have breakfast specials till 8 am so there is usually some early breakfast folks during the week. Plus they have their own ice creeam bar. Just a great diner.