“Color me unimpressed”

Ranked #44 of 370 Restaurants in Appleton
Green Bay, Wisconsin
“Color me unimpressed”
Reviewed April 23, 2012

We stopped here out of mistakenly listening to a recommendation from someone. If you like Mary's you'll love this place. If you like a greasy spoon that's what it is. Food was average as best. Lacked any real flavor. But at least it lacked bad flavor too. The hollandaise was flavorless, which is pretty hard to do. I imagine it came out of a can from sysco and was not made at the restaurant. The service was lacking. Our server was more interested chatting up the local gossip with someone than actually serving tables. Never came back to check if everything was okay. Just came back to see if we wanted anything else or the bill. The bill took 5 more minutes to get because she had to return to the conversation before serving us again. The best thing I can say is it was cheap. If I would have had to pay any substantial amount I would have been really upset.

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank Zeke C

Sherwood, Wisconsin
“The diner for the east side of Appleton”
Reviewed November 27, 2011

Mohnen's is the family diner for this area. Mary had turkey today, always good here, and I had meat loaf. Had a small wait today, not unusual for Sunday. Wait staff is all very experienced and great. They have breakfast specials till 8 am so there is usually some early breakfast folks during the week. Plus they have their own ice creeam bar. Just a great diner.

• Visited November 2011