“Yum”

Fratello's Riverfront Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Fratello's Riverfront Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 385 Restaurants in Appleton
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed March 27, 2013 via mobile

Usually love this place, this time we seemed rushed even though no one else was there. Appetizer was cold :( rest of food was great. We are "members" and so far in almost two years has gotten us nothing.

Reviewed March 27, 2013

Just a perfect blend of historical renovations with modern accents and lighting to highlight the old brick and wood. Much of the old hydroelectric plant can still be seen with wonderful attention to details. Both the food and service was superb. Great wine selection and meals for just about any palette!

Reviewed March 23, 2013

Location is everything right? You want to see tough little ducks riding the waves? An occasional bald eagle hunting overhead? A roaring river just beneath your feet? Sit by the windows in Fratellos. Beautiful view. As well, the service is classy, attentive and polite. Great spot to impress your friends or business associates. Just the kind of spot you'd enjoy for a drink or a Sunday outing to watch the Packers play. They'll even encourage you to draw on the paper tablecloths!
Unfortunately, there's this little problem. The food. It sounded great on the menu. It even looked good on the plate (all dressed up in the latest food fad fashion). But when it hit my tongue it reverberated throughout my mouth with corporate mediocrity. Alas!
My hopes were high for this place. I wanted this meal to bowl me over. I wanted to come back for the tough little ducks and stay for the pan-fried Walleye. Instead, the Grinch Who Stole Flavor got here first, rampaged through the kitchen and the rest, like my interest in this restaurant, is history.

Well we can always focus on the eagles can't we?

Reviewed February 25, 2013

I was in Neenah/Appleton on business and someone recommended Fratello's as a place to have dinner. I sat at the bar and was pleasantly surprised at the atmosphere. I love that the restaurant is in a restored building on the river; it is exactly the kind of place I would frequent back home. I went on a Friday night and ordered the fish fry, which apparently is a thing in Wisconsin. I thought the fish was very tasty as was the cole slaw. The potato salad wasn't great, but I'm from the south and prefer that style. As an added bonus, I got a free cupcake for checking in on foursquare. The bartender was extremely attentive and friendly; I felt welcome and appreciated. I would definitely return to Fratello's if my travels bring me back to the area.

Reviewed February 8, 2013

These people can't even make potato chips with any consistancy. Never had a plate put in front of me that I would recomend to anyone. Which is too bad because the Architecture & view are outstanding. I DO recomend going for cocktails on your way to eat elsewhere.

1  Thank Clayton H