“fish and chips not good”

Fratello's Riverfront Restaurant
Ranked #11 of 366 Restaurants in Appleton
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Appleton, WI
“fish and chips not good”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2012

I ordered the fish and chips. And received one fish that was dripping in grease and tons of fries. Service is average. But the view of the river is great. And the new outdoor patio is nice in summer.

Appleton, WI
“nice atmosphere, good service, and good food.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2012

I was not disappointed at all with my first visit here. The bar area is separate from the restaurant so there is a nice break between the two. There was a good selection of wines and beers and I saw several quality mixed drinks being made.
I found the prices fair and the quality of the food higher than average but lower than I expected. I was thinking I was having a "fine dining" experience. I was having a "very nice" dining experience instead. Those comments should not take away from the fact that I had a PERFECTLY made tuna steak (seared just right!) on top of some ginger noodles and veggies mixed together. I was not at all disappointed. Looking at the meals of others and getting their feedback, most were pleased but not ranting and raving about the food. Perhaps we were all expecting just a notch up. We had dined previously at Carmella's in Appleton as a group.
I would come back, I would bring a group, and I would always enjoy the view of the river. I suggested to my wife that the next time we have a group of people and need somewhere to dine that we could go here. They definitely have the dining space for groups and the unique location is a real draw!

• Visited March 2012
Appleton, Wisconsin
“Recommend”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2012

Overlooks the water and is more of a formal dining atmosphere but food is great too.

Wisconsin
“Always a good meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2012

The staff is always attentive, the meal is always good, the view is always spectacular! You can't ask for more!

• Visited February 2012
Neenah
“Good family food, interesting venue and view of the Fox River”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2012

You can't go wrong with Fratello's. Its not fine dining but its a nice family oriented place. They offer a range of entrees and a view of the Fox River in a nicely converted warehouse in Appleton.