“Dinner on the river in Appleton.”

Fratello's Riverfront Restaurant
Ranked #9 of 370 Restaurants in Appleton
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Portsmouth, New Hampshire
“Dinner on the river in Appleton.”
Reviewed December 12, 2011

Loved that it was on the river. Nice wine list and the food was well prepared.

Visited December 2011

Franklin, Wisconsin
“Family Outing”
Reviewed December 4, 2011

Our group of ten was promptly seated at our prepared table. Joy was our server and was attentive and knowledgeable about the menu, recommending selections that were suitable to our preferences. We were impressed with the diverse selection of the menu that was sure to please everyone’s appetite. The meals arrived to everyone’s satisfaction, from the portions to the presentation. Tasting confirmed our approval with everyone savoring well-balanced flavors and tastiness. The beer drinkers especially enjoyed the local brews. Joy provided well-paced friendly service from our beverages, to salad, entrees and the final bill. The cost of our dining experience was well worth the value.

• Visited December 2011
Appleton, WI
“View is the best part”
Reviewed November 4, 2011

Nice, clean and upscale "looking" restaurant. The drinks are very well mixed, but the food is average at best. Looking at this place, you would expect a more upscale menu. The waitresses write their names on the paper tablecloth, which is cute, but it really doesn't go with the feel of the place.

The dining room looks out onto the river/dam, where is there almost always an abundance of gulls, pelicans.....and an occasional bald eagle....very cool.

The food they do have is good, not spectacular, but good. It's priced in the upper teens to mid twenties.

• Visited September 2011
Combined Locks, Wisconsin
“Great atmosphere and food!”
Reviewed September 6, 2011

One od Appletons finest. You cannot beat the atmosphere!

• Visited September 2011
Hortonville, Wisconsin
“Crappy Birthday to you...”
Reviewed March 6, 2011

I read some of the reviews beforehand and was hoping for the best. It was a friend's birthday last night and...

To say that the service was terrible is an understatement. Not only was the waitress for our table slow; she knocked into our table spilling a glass of water on me. I was soaked on the right side and my purse is still wet inside today. Did the waitress say "sorry"? No...nothing. And it took her a looong time to bring me anything to dry myself with. I sat through dinner SOAKED!

She didn't bring us refills for our tea, left a couple of people out when it came to water refills, since there were seven of us she said she would bring us another loaf of bread for the table (because they are pretty small loaves)...never showed up. I was halfway through my meal before she brought me my "Ranch dressing" for my french fries.

As for the "birthday girl" (my friend)...the waitress brought the B-day cupcake out too early. Then when it was time to light the "sparkler" on top, it never got done. My friend ended up taking her "cake" home in a box. Near the end of dinner, my friend actually went into the bathroom a couple of times to cry!

It took forever to get the bill..and then she overcharged for two drinks we didn't have.

I might go back for the food. But will definitely ask for another waitress. I noticed the other waiters and waitresses were more attentive. We were there from 7:30 pm to 10 pm and she checked on our table only three times. It takes just one person to make a place look bad for me.

• Visited March 2011