“Best Chinese in Appleton”
Review of Confucius Restaurant - CLOSED

Confucius Restaurant
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 3, 2010

This place has officially ruined chinese food for me. I can't go anywhere else because it pales in comparison to here. The chicken is always huge pieces of white meat, not that mystery meat that has been deep fried for hours. Fresh and delicious. Every dish I have had has been wonderful. The lunch specials are huge and a good price. My girlfriend and I will not go anywhere else for chinese in Appleton, it is that good. It destroys Dong Po and Hunan's.

Reviewed April 17, 2010

On my first night of a business trip to Appleton, WI, I had the usual craving for Chinese food. As always, my first stop is Trip Advisor to see what other contributors have tried in the area. I saw the great reviews for Confucius and decided to give it a try. Boy, I was not disappointed. The house special fried rice was great and the spring rolls were also perfect. Service was good and quick and the restaurant decor was modern and tasteful. I had such a good 1st time impression, that I had to go a 2nd time before my trip was over. The waitress instantly recognized me and knew what I wanted. Next time, I go back to Appleton, Confucius will be my first dining stop.

Reviewed July 31, 2009

Confucius is a family favorite, whether for take-out or to dine in. The vault-like building, a satellite of the nearby bowling alley, disguises an attractive interior -- comfy chairs, Asian/modern decor, unobtrusive lighting. The place feels more expensive than the prices on the menu dictate. Service is always friendly, the portions large. Spicy eggplant is my favorite, but my meat-eating relatives devour multiple portions of General Tsao's Chicken and Hunan Four Delicacies. "Spicy" isn't really hot here, but the ingredients are fresh and plentiful, and I've never had MSG headache following a meal.

Reviewed March 12, 2009

Outstanding red curry and Hunan four delicacy. Very friendly service. Clean and classy dining area. Worth the trip. Best chineese restaurant in NE WI hands down!

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Harrisburg, South Dakota
Reviewed December 20, 2008

Good food, lunch is a better deal

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook