“Cool Little PLace”

Rye
Ranked #10 of 392 Restaurants in Appleton
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Restaurant J.R. Schoenfeld's most recent restaurant located in the Copperleaf Boutique Hotel in Appleton WI. Rye offers a refined comfort food menu served in a stylish urban / rustic setting. We serve breakfast every day of the week and lunch and dinner Monday thru Saturday. The Food Fresh, local and organic whenever possible! We carry our values into each location and train the staff to never cut any corner. Everything that comes out of our kitchen is made from scratch, from our dressings to our ice cream. Vegetables and fruits are hand picked from our very own garden located in Suamico. We make our own sausages. We bake our own bread. Our menu changes daily to reflect the season and mood of our chef. The Drinks Relax with an artisan cocktail created with homemade simple syrups, enjoy a glass of wine, or refresh your palate with local beer in our lounge. We offer a careful selection of seasonal drinks that pair with our menu to enhance your experience at Rye. The Chef Rye brings new talent to the area. Nick Morse is our Head Chef. Nick's passion for food blossomed several years ago. JR began taking Nick to work with him when Nick was 14 years old. He washed dishes, prepped food items, plated desserts and made pizzas. Since then, he has spent time as a Kitchen Manager, Line cook in Door County, Sous Chef at Chives Restaurant for 5 years and wanting to expand his knowledge of food, took a seasonal position for the summers of 2011 and 2012 at the Harbor View Hotel & Resort on Martha's Vineyard in Edgartown, Massachusetts. Nick returned to Green Bay and opened Bleu Restaurant in DePere. In early 2015, he made the transition to Head Chef at Rye bringing with him his wife, Charlotte, who is our Event Planner.
Reviewed August 12, 2018

Fantastic little restaurant... You can have food delivered to the Hotel Bar... The Joe Burger is the best (it’s not on the menu, got order from Kevin at the Hotel Bar - this is top secret).

Reviewed August 8, 2018 via mobile

Creative food, a nice wine list and great service. Chef specials were delightfully delicious. It was a bit too loud due the boisterous table of 10 near us. If I am back in Appleton, this is where I will come.

Reviewed June 26, 2018 via mobile

I had the pleasure of dining at Rye last evening during my stay at the Copper Leaf Boutique Hotel.
My fabulous server was Serenity. She was very friendly, knowledgeable about the menu and very prompt and professional.
I ordered a BlackBerry Lavender Martini and it was absolutely superb in every way.
My first course was the delicious French Onion with Gruyere cheese, followed by seared scallops on a bed of shredded zucchini mixed with what I think were toasted almonds and a toasted topping.
I have to tell you, I truly don't think I have eaten anything more delicious!!
Everything about this restaurant can be rated A+++
They exude customer service and the food and cocktails are far beyond perfection.

Reviewed June 19, 2018 via mobile

Love the modern ambiance, and an array of fresh market food dishes on the menu. Delicious food, fantastic service and full bar. Daily specials that are wonderful and great lunch specials! Highly recommend!

Reviewed June 18, 2018 via mobile

Nice ambiance, great food, excellent craft cocktails, and tonight we had a pleasant, accommodating server for my birthday dinner. The Angus tenderloin was very tender and tasty, risotto was great, and desserts were delicious. Poached pear salad, which was on tonight’s specials menu, was balanced in flavor and definitely worth ordering.

Been to Rye? Share your experiences!