“Friendly Staff and Great Service”

Best Western Appleton Inn
Ranked #8 of 25 Hotels in Appleton
Reviewed January 3, 2014

We stayed here last minute in an effort to avoid a snowstorm - on a Packer weekend. Somehow they graciously found us a room and accomodated us (at 1:30am!). We had a baby in tow, so they gave us a room close to the entrance to make things easier for us. The front desk staff even brought my bags to the room while my husband unloaded the car. The next thing I knew, the front desk guy was back at our door with blankets (that I didn't even ask for but needed) since it was so cold out! This place is old, but seems to be well maintained. Breakfast was hot and there were quite a few options available. All in all it was a great visit and the staff seems to be in tune with what people need. We didn't have the opportunity to go in the pool, but it looks like a great setup for families.

This is an older property and the facility shows it, but I gave it a very good rating because the staff and service really make up for that.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Bob S, General Manager at Best Western Appleton Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2014

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We do pride on our staff training and a great customer service experience. We want to make your stay as comfortable as possible. Thank you for choosing the Best Western Fox Valley Inn. Please us on a planned vacation when possible.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

The service was fantastic. We booked four poolside rooms for New Years Eve and were disheartened when we arrived and all the tables in the pool area were taken with other families with the same idea…games and hors devours for the evening. I spoke with the front desk and immediately they set up a few more tables for us and another guest who just arrived. The brought in more chairs and asked if there was anything else we needed for our stay.

Through out the night the staff was constantly restocking the pool towels and emptying thrash. They also made sure everyone was having fun and staying in line. The pool stayed open until 2am that night.

The rooms were good, two queens, micro, fridge, etc. It is an older hotel, but you can tell that they have kept it up. We loved that the pool room/social gathering area was right outside our hotel room door. It made things very convenient and everyone could be together in one area.

We will be back for sure!

Room Tip: Definitely choose a poolside room. It was worth it to be so close since it is not your typical pool...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Heather, we are glad that your new years started with us. We loved having you as a guest. You were a pleasant with your family. We always try to go above and beyond to make our guest experience memorable. Please visit us again. Thank you

Reviewed December 31, 2013

We have stayed here on numerous occasions over the years and always have returned home happy and satisfied. Nikki is always such a wonderful hostess and always makes us feel very much welcome. Our family, from young to old, had a wonderful time during our two nights stay. The pool and hot tub were in good shape and very comfortable. We enjoy the natural sea-salt water. The poolside rooms are very comfortable and well kept. Our breakfasts were adequate and the dining area big enough to accommodate a large number of guests. For the price, this is something that we retired folks can afford to bring our family on special occasions and truly enjoy a few wonderful days of pure relaxation and fun! We look forward to our next visit and don't plan on staying anywhere else in Appleton.

Room Tip: If you don't mind the sound of people having a good time and you want to enjoy the pool, take a...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Bob S, General Manager at Best Western Appleton Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2014

Terry, we enjoyed serving you and your family on your recent visit to the Best Western Fox Valley Inn. I am happy that you and your happy enjoyed our amenities including our salt water pool and our improved hot breakfast. Visit again soon and give us a chance to serve you and your family again.

Reviewed December 26, 2013

We have been staying at this hotel for many, many years over the holidays. I would describe it always as a 'decent' hotel. What keeps us coming back is the poolside rooms--many of the newer hotels don't offer rooms poolside anymore. The pool area is large and spacious and ideal for socializing with a larger group of people.

At our most recent stay, I was extremely disappointed by the cleanliness of the hotel. The garbages around the pool area obviously hadn't been emptied from the night before. The pool area area was completely empty except for our group and the garbages were overflowing. Tables weren't wiped down, there was dried food/drink stuck to most of them. Our standards aren't super high--we want to stay somewhere that suits our needs and has enough room for the kids to play and have fun. To me, cleanliness is the most basic/minimum standard to uphold when one is managing/owning a hotel for guests. It's unfortunate that this hotel can offer something that few others can--a large, beautiful pool area with poolside rooms--and can't keep up with something as simple as taking the garbage out.

1  Thank Denise349

Sorry about your recent stay. Our hotel was very during the holiday season with the parties, but we try to clean and place up and keep it cleaned for everyone. Sometimes, it hard to control every guest. We try to control it as per what we can control. Please visit again to we can give you a better experience.

Reviewed December 17, 2013

HIGHLY recommend you stay somewhere else!!! This was the worst hotel that I have EVER stayed at. Upon arrival there were problems- we came for the pool that looked like it hadn't been cleaned in months. The pool area was disgusting and looked like someone threw a party and forgot to clean up- the room that we were given was shoved in the back far away from the pool and you have to walk down a LONG, UNHEATED hallway that was so cold it had frost completely covering the glass- someone could get sick!!!

THE ROOM: Disgusting- it looked like it hadn't been cleaned- hair still left in the drain in the shower, tissue and toliet paper empty, not just dust but a film of dirt sitting on top of hairdryer and counter in bathroom. Looked like someone got hungry because there was chunks missing from the chair, paint chips missing from the wall. Out of the 2 phones in the room- one of them must have been for decorations because it didn't work. The heating/cooling system worked when it wanted to...Toliet kept running non-stop (try sleeping to that) Barely any water pressure in the shower. So many young kids staying at the hotel, after 6pm until midnight they decided to knock and then ditch a good 10 times.

SLEEP EXPERIENCE: I feared for my safety as well as my kids safety. At one in the morning, outside my door there was a fight between what looked like 2 women but more than 10 people were in the hall screaming, shouting, yelling using obscene profanity. Woke up all of my children. Called the front desk immediately to report the fight- seemed like I was interrupting them...I called back 20 min later and the front desk guy, MICHAEL kept hanging up on me playing phone games. 2 hours later still going on- cops were called...so around 3am I still couldn't go to sleep, it was horrible!!

DINING EXPERIENCE: Thought it would be fun for the kids to wear their pajamas to breakfast since they were so tired from being kept up. The lady- who I later found out was the OWNER/MANAGER of the hotel questioned why we didn't have tickets to eat (it was a "always free continental breakfast), she was trying to prevent us from going into the dining room and eating. After we got that cleared up- and getting into 5 minutes of eating...NIKKI SANGHRVI, yelled at me with a whole room full of guests and in front of my children. Saying that I need to watch my children and that they couldn't go up and get food by themselves, and that guests were complaining that they were running around. My children went up to get a piece of fruit and throw something away and I was so mad at this point that I couldn't just let her yell at me. Inches from my face after I got up and said that she will NOT talk to me that way. waving her hands around spitting in my face. The whole scene was horrible and she told me if I didn't like it that I should leave the hotel. I mean at least 5 minutes of her degrading me in front of guests and cutting me down in front of my children and this is supposed to be the owner??? After I said what I had to say, I continued to sit down and finish my meal with my children and everyone kept staring at me and whispering. Apparently I wasn't the only one she was picking on that morning, she kept yelling at other families- it was HORRIBLE. I went to the front desk to complain where I was told she was the owner, and I said go get her I would like to talk to her- and the front desk guy came back to tell me that she said she was busy and had better things to do with her time than listen to complaints!!!! This is when about 5 or 6 people came up behind me to tell me how they saw the whole thing and how sorry they were of how that lady treated me and my kids. NO ONE in their could believe it. Everyone was disgusted and I wasn't the only one that that lady picked on that morning. They all kept apologizing and telling me to ignore that lady and that they would NEVER stay there again!!!

I am disgusted with this whole situation. I always take my children somewhere fun on their birthday weekend to make their day special and unique and I have never felt so ashamed and felt like I wasted so much money in my life. We got the hotel for the location and the pool and we didn't even get to use the pool. Thinking about the whole hotel stay makes me sick to my stomach and I just want everyone to know. I will cutting this and copying it to as many travel sites as I can, because I don't want this to happen to another family. It will be worth it to spend a little bit more money and go stay at a higher ranked hotel. I bet most of these positive reviews were done by friends or family of owner.

SHERRI E.

Room Tip: Do not stay at this hotel!!!!!!!
1  Thank sherri_lee919

I am very sorry for the experience you had. That night we had some extreme circumstances. Our atmosphere at the hotel is never like that. We have a very tight security with high-tech cameras to unsure the safety of our guests. And with regards to the breakfast tickets, that is also a safety measure for our guests because we do not want unauthorized guests to enter and bother our guests. Please visit us again for a better experience and give us another chance to show you what we are all about.

Reviewed December 15, 2013

This is a very nice and clean hotel, everything is updated! The new carpets are very nice and attractive. Every room has upgrades, new fixtures in the showers, new shower curtains, granite counter tops, new carpeting, new updated TV's, new heating/air conditioning units in each room, new décor on beds and window treatments. The outside was updated this past summer with new stucco finish, including the attached restaurant. The pool is updated to salt water, which is very popular now. The pool area is very large with sky lights and living trees and plants, there is handicapped access to pool for guests with disabilities. I have not seen this at other hotels, There are rooms for guests with pets. There are refrigerators in each room. The front check in desk area is all up dated and very nice. The attached restaurant will soon be featuring The Blueberry Hill Pancake House! The food is amazing! The beds are always so comfortable and we sleep so well, we do not even consider staying at any other hotel!!

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Mary, I am so glad that your trip with your family was a great one at the Best Western Fox Valley Inn. We have updated our rooms, changed our decor, and added new features such as a salt water pool for our guests' enjoyment. Thank you so much for noticing all the upgrades. Please visit us soon.

Reviewed December 9, 2013

my wife and i stayed there the week of eaa for 14 years ,we always had same room for about 5 nights we always paid a little more to keep room highest was 189.00 new owners this year he said about 209 minus tax i said i wouldnt pay that much he said we would work it out ,he completely remodeled(all he did was put in carpeting rooms were still beat up ,were paying with tax 250 while talkiing to neighbors on both sides same room paying 159,even his employee at desk said it mwasnt right ,talked to him next mourn he wouldnt do nothing called comfort suites green bay ,they were full but put us up in pres suite for 189 and 4 days in a better room for 89.a night ,he argued he was always filled eaa week thats wrong hes always filled last weekend of eaa,the managers just a greedy jerk,and the rooms are older there not remodeled id would gladly give my name ,as unacomidating he was comfort suites was just the opposite ,was more driving every day but still worth it

Room Tip: go somewhere else,i cant believe it after all the years my wife and i went there
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

I apologize for recent experience you had at the Best Western Fox Valley Inn. We have not only changed the carpets, but we have also made our pool into a salt water pool, upgraded the beddings in each room, put granite tops in each room as well. We have upgraded all our room to a much higher standard. Please visit us again to experience all the changes we have made.