“Excellent hotel and service!”

Cambria hotel & suites
Ranked #7 of 25 Hotels in Appleton
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Excellent hotel and service!”
Reviewed August 22, 2014

I stayed here 4 nights recently on a business trip and I couldn't have asked for a better experience. This is much nicer than the 3 star hotel it is registered as. It was clean, modern, and the staff was extremely pleasant, especially Lora in the bar/restaraunt area. I loved the Bath and Body Works products in the bathroom, and they ran a shuttle to the airport at 6am which was great so I didn't have to call a taxi. I will definitely be staying here on my next visit.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Reviewed August 13, 2014

Comfy beds, clean hotel, and great location for visiting the Air Venture air show. No free breakfast, but the rest of the property makes up for it if you want a classier, affordable experience. The brew pub right next door was perfect for walking over and eating and drinking.

Room Tip: Don't stay on the top floor....roaring on the roof of some sort. They quickly changed our room...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed August 7, 2014

I stayed in room 213. I have stayed at this hotel several times and I intend to return.

The service was excellent. The staff is upbeat and cheerful. The staff was able to find local business (Walmart, a donut shop etc) when asked and readily printed maps and accurate directions.

The common areas in the lobby were nicely designed, comfortable and useful.

During this stay, the floors on the second floor were being renovated or repaired and were covered with plastic.

This hotel seems to cater to adults and business clientele which makes for a nice quiet stay. This hotel is well decorated in a modern design, appears newer and well maintained.

The bed was very comfortable and the extra pillows were delivered smartly and with a smile.

I have observed the pool and hot tub room seems to more lightly used (with the business clientele off doing their thing) than at some hotels and I had it to myself most of the time. Nice.

During this stay, there were a couple of niggly minor issues I observed:

The toilet seat was quite loose and needed to be repaired.

Two (decorative?) exterior lights near the entrance were not illuminated at night. - possibly for the sake of light pollution for ground floor guests I'm guessing???

The trim piece around the sprinkler head above the bed appeared to have come loose.

The ventilation room in the pool room had a rather loud squeaking sound (it sounds like a squeaky belt) which offset an otherwise relaxing experience.

The breakfast area was nicer than any other I've seen and it is popular with guests in the morning but made getting service in this area a little longer than I would have liked. The staff working in this area were very professional but also appeared very busy. The coffee was exceptional. :)

Suggestions:

Adding a little more ventilation above the hot tub might be a nice touch as the chemicals in the air from the hot tub felt a little overwhelming after running the jets for a couple of cycles.

Adding some dead quiet luggage carts might be nice too. While the luggage cart was like all other carts with the usual frame rattles, I would prefer they be dead quiet.

Room Tip: There is a full "night curtain" behind the drapes.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed August 3, 2014

We stayed for 1 night in August while in Green Bay for the Packer Family Fun night. We had a king suite, with a pull out sofa. We were traveling with kids, so we had to utilize the sofa sleeper option. It was one of the worst I have ever experienced. The decor is modern, and the it appears to be a newer property. Our shower curtain had hooks that were falling off as they didn't close completely and the hair dryer barely had any power on high. There was a decent paid buffet, with an adequate selection of hot and cold items. The pool was very small and hot tub were very small and appeared to have a high level of chlorine, as the kids, who swim often, complained of their eyes hurting. Overall, I feel this property would better fit a business traveler rather than a family.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Mak3126
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed July 30, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here 1 night in July. Hotel is very clean and seems very new. Bed/bathroom were both large. Downstairs bar is nice and restaurant next to hotel was very good.
We did have a problem with our room type. We were given a "handicap" room, which was not what we reserved. They were unable to move us. I don't really like the fixtures in those rooms or the lower to the ground closet racks. I was pretty unhappy about paying a lot of $$ for a specific room and end up with that.

Other than that, nice, clean place

Stayed July 2014
Texas
Reviewed July 21, 2014 via mobile

Short business trip to Appleton. Picked Camria because por a corporate rate with local firm and the positive ratings on Trip Advisor. Very good hotel. Full service with bar and restaurant downstairs. Rooms were very nice, well laid out as suites. Two living areas with a wall/ partition separating themed/sleeping area from the "living" area. The layout worked very well for a business traveller, not sure it would be as convenient for a family. Everything was great in the room. Only two (minor) negatives noted: 1) 1st night I had the tiniest bar of soap (postage stamp size) for the shower. Second night the soap was normal hotel size. 2) the closet opened up into the bed. IMHO, a PO or design/layout of the room. Made it hard (or at least interesting) store and retrieve clothes from the closet. Otherwise the room was very nice.

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Chandler, Arizona
Reviewed June 30, 2014

We stayed here while visiting family in the Oshkosh area. Due to the country fest all the hotels were booked in Oshkosh so we had to stay in Appleton. Wow, am I glad we found this place. It is absolutely the best bang for our buck that we have ever had in a hotel stay. We had a large room with 2 beds and a little sofa/desk area. It worked out great for our family. We will definately stay here every time we visit our family in Oshkosh now. I will also look for Cambria Suites in other cities I visit. I go out of my way to stay in highly rated and nice hotels while on vacation and was not disappointed here.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family