“Clean, Comfortable & Welcoming”

Cambria hotel & suites
Ranked #7 of 25 Hotels in Appleton
Round Lake, Illinois
“Clean, Comfortable & Welcoming”
Reviewed January 15, 2014

My husband and I were in the Appleton area visiting family. We had already stayed at the Cambria Suites in Green Bay and enjoyed it, so we chose this one. I love the feeling I get walking into these hotels. The entire hotel is very modern and clean. The front desk was extremely welcoming, friendly, and helpful. The room was clean and the bed was very comfortable. We had the breakfast buffet there and enjoyed made-to-order omelets. Would have liked to see more fresh fruit.
If I'm in town again I will definitely stay there and recommend it to all my friends.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Appleton, Wisconsin
Reviewed December 15, 2013

First few stays were great. Then this past week the management "forgot" to deactivate the key card reader for the pool room while they were adding huge amounts of chemicals. They came in to inform me while in the spa that I will have chemical burn rashes. Then walked away like it was no big deal. My key card worked about half the time, the other half I was stuck out in 3 degree cold windy weather. They were never able to get that right. My credit card was also billed over $780 for a $220 stay. They said that was a mistake. Then the following week it happened again. Great luxury, great atmosphere, HORRIBLE management.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms are great. WHEN THE KEY CARD ACTUALLY WORKS! Don't get stuck freezing outside...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank MICHIGANCAFERACERS
Troy G, Manager at Cambria hotel & suites, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
Thank you for taking time to write a review. We are upset you were disappointed with your stay. I would like to get further information regarding your "burns", as the pool was closed to a heater repair and no chemicals were being altered or adjusted. Regarding your billing errors. Our hotel places a pre-authorization on cards for the entire duration of stay. Pre-authorizations are actually not charges and get placed back on your card at check-out. However, some banks take longer to replace the charges on your account. I would suggest checking with your bank to see if they can get this process on your card more timely for the future. I 'm glad to hear you were pleased with your room and decore of the hotel. We hope we can serve you in the future. Have a happy holiday.
minneapolis
Reviewed December 14, 2013

I'd stayed at the Madison Cambria before and found it trying too hard to be high-tech retro hipster. So this place was a wonderful surprise. The lobby is large, airy and light-filled, making it a pleasure to spend time there. The whole place is sparkling clean. One morning I came upon the cleaning crew washing all the doors in the hall. You do have to pay for breakfast but since I rarely eat then, no problem. Front desk staff is very competent and personable.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Ishpeming, Michigan
Reviewed December 1, 2013

We stayed in this hotel for a wedding and got an adjoining room with a friend and her family. It was a really nice place and the "Choice Privilege" program made it affordable for us. It was very clean, modern, had a great bed, and a good shower. The suite was pretty big which was helpful for our toddler to run around in, and enough room to put up her pack-n-play to sleep in, and didn't feel crammed.
It was about 6 minutes away from the hustle and bustle of the mall, kind of in a business park. Breakfast was not free, so we didn't eat there, so can't rate food. Also did not check out pool or gym.
I would stay here over and over again.
The ONLY thing I would say negatively, is that the rooms aren't totally soundproof. But, it seemed like they put us away from everyone because we had a toddler....maybe?!
Excellent place to stay!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 8, 2013 via mobile

I am so impressed. Cambris Suites has made it to my list if best places to stay. CLeanliness is my number one rank when picking a hotel. Cambria suites in Appleton is so clean I just love it there. The staff is super courtious and helpful. Decor is wonderful high tech design. Oh also my king bed was a dreamy sleep. The only downfall was breakfast buffet, a family of five would pay $50 for scramble eggs.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank proberts5853
Basking Ridge, New Jersey
Reviewed September 24, 2013

I stayed here recently for about 4 nights. I normally stay at Mariotts and Sheratons, and this was a pleasant change. I found the front desk service quite friendly, and very quick for a check-in/check out. There's also a free shuttle from airport to/from, as well as to take you around within a close radius. The shuttle is very useful---no need to rent a car. Also, the shuttle drivers are really friendly and prompt.

Pros:
- friendly service
- very clean, comfy rooms. Quite large as well
- free shuttle to/from airport
- nice gym

Cons:
- the restaurant is a bit pricey, and the meals are subpar in taste. I'd recommend instead going next door to the British pub.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Note:You need to ask for DVD player. It was graciously provided for us. Food and food service very good and there is good variety. Hair on bed linens, empty coffee cup on floor under desk, and small bits of green paper decorated floor when we entered our room. Up from 2-3:30 am as lady above us stomped around. A building this new should have better soundproofing. The price was good compared to other available but I guess I'd rather go less frequently and pay a bit more to hopefully sleep.

• Stayed September 2013